News Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Guardian Pokemon, Battle Tree, and More!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Holy crap this reveal is awesome. Red, Blue, Cynthia, Wally, and the awesome starters, the Tapus, all of it. Ive said it before, and I'll say I think again. This generation will likely become my absolute favorite of them all. Such a dramatic change from the norm, not to mention the Battle Tree. I'll spend hour upon hours just battling there. This game. This game is the game we truly needed for the 20th. I just hope they keep Pokémon at this all time high.

(Why is this article labeled TCG?)

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
This is...the GREATEST. UPDATE. EVER!!!

Thank Arceus in the Hall of Origin that Inciniroar is not a Fighting type! You have no idea how relived I am! Still picking Popplio though. Primarina is so pretty.

I am also screaming about the Battle Tree. I hope we can see all the gym leaders, champions and other rivals from all the past gens like the PWT. I'd especially love to see Cheren again.

And Red and Blue...holy crap, it's about time they aged! I don't care if anyone thinks this is Gen 1 pandering, they look awesome!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
All I can say is cool. I just hope that the Battle Tree isn't like the Battle Tower, Battle Subway or Battle Maison in other games. Its also awesome that Red and Blue are back, with a redesign. Also, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini are awesome with pretty cool abilities (especially Tapu Lele with the ability to set up psychic terrain which blocks priority moves against psychic types.) Their Z-move is a bit weird though, especially when you'd expect Z-moves to get strong enough to OHKO a Pokemon and the fact they have Nature's Madness which halves the Pokemon's current health.

The starters types are awesome. Not to mention they have signature moves. Decidueye's Grass/Ghost type is only slightly better than it's previous typing because it still has 5 weaknesses, but it now has one more immunity, no 4x weakness and 1 more resistance. Incineroar's (awesome name, in my opinion) typing is pretty cool in that it has 6 resistances and 1 immunity (although it has 4 weaknesses). Primarina's typing is also pretty good in that it has 6 resistances, 1 immunity and only 3 weaknesses. Moving on to signature moves, Decidueye's Spirit Shackle might be good depending on how much damage it does and what other moves it can learn (such as toxic or perish song). Incineroar's Darkest Lariat is pretty useless in terms of competitive use unless you come up against something that is boosting its defenses. Primarina's Sparkling Aria is a bit weird in that it heals the burns of any target it strikes. If it was something like Wake-up Slap and the damage was boosted when you hit a burned Pokemon and you could team it up with Scald, then maybe the ability would make sense, but since it seems that isn't the case, it's more competitively useless than Darkest Lariat.

One thing I forgot to mention is not only is Tapu Lele a great Pokemon because of its ability, it's also got a great typing, with 1 immunity and only 3 weaknesses. All that is left is to know what its stats are.

Just on a side note, I find Alolan Persian's description to be pretty funny. How anyone can find the face to be beautiful is beyond me.

Last edited:

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Frankly not been this excited in a long time. I really, really love Incineroar's design, same for Decidueye - going to get Litten in Moon and then Rowlet in Sun I think. Never really got why people thought Incineroar would be Fire/Fighting when the leaks that revealed it also said it would be Dark...

So happy to see Cynthia back, she was my favourite champion and the League this time round looks to be a ton of fun!

kuronix

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't expect Rowlet's fin evo is part Ghost. Seeing Red and Blue(or Green) is a big surprise. They somewhat appear older. Does it mean RBGY and RSE not happened at the same time? Wally still looks young.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
weird.png

Battlefield - "I hope Tapu Lele senpai will notice me this time."

Red and Blue back as adults... Take that anime!

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Hopefully, Red and Blue will be actually strong. That would be awesome. And maybe all the Champions from all the regions will be there too! And the Tapus, and Siren Seal, and-THIS IS KRIFFING AMAZING

TheRealBro..

I like these reveals very much. Tapu Fini may become one of my alltime favourite Pokemon. That ability is awesome too.. No toxic/thunder wave? If it's bulky that can be game changing!

Didn't like the final evo's when I first saw drawings, but they grew on me (except for the fire type.. Ok, it's not Fire/Fighting, but it still looks that way). This is the first time (since Venusaur/Blastoise) where I don't know which one to pick yet... Stats please?!

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
I hope we'll also see some cards in the TCG of the starters' Secondary Types, they're all different even then! Could eventually tempt me back into faking...

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
"It all comes together"

Man this was one heck of a reveal and possibly the best one (save for the first). First of, the starters. Incineroar and prinarina's typing were speculated on for a while, but i never would've guessed that decidueye would change typing, pretty awesome honestly. Rowlet is still my go to pick for the adventure, but depending on their hidden abilities i might use all three in online battles 'cause i really love all three (rowlet more so than the others).

Alolan persian. "it is held to be a Pokemon of great beauty". Someone had fun writing this. I know why people hate it, and that's exactly why i love it. It's such a massive troll of a reveal XD

The guardian deities look great and i love psychic terrain's text. But that Z-move. Look, Snorlax's Z-move will forever remain my favorite, but this one might just be a close second.
Screenshot_2016-10-27-09-50-22.png
I mean just look at her face. That's the face of someone who doesn't show mercy.

Cosmog. I don't know what you are and how you may or may not relate to sol and luna, but you're absolutely adorable.

Red and Blue (Green). On one hand, HOLY F*** IT'S RED AND BLUE AND THEY'RE ADULTS. On the other hand, kinda would've preferred being surprised through gameplay, but i don't mind all that much. And 3D Cynthia though.

All in all. Awesome reveals, can't wait for the games :D

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Grass/Ghost was something I wasn't expecting for Rowlet. At least Incineroar is not Fire/Fighting. It has the look of a Fire/Fighting type, but thank goodness it's not that typing. Now that we see their finalized designs; they all look really cool.

Going with Popplio in Moon. Probably a coin flip between Rowlet and Litten in Sun then.

VeedraForce

Misty's Husbando
BEST TRAILER YET! that Red/Blue reveal at the end was godlike! Though it would have made an epic "WTF??" surprise had they saved it in-game. Oh well. I'm honestly hyped beyond repair, never been excited for a pokemon game since...well the originals, but this one has me itching to play. Less than 23 days fam!

Also Dark/Fire....DARK/FIRE!!! We did it! Fighting curse is broken! Lucha bro confirmed best starter, I mean, he even gave THE wink. Grass/Ghost is cool typing though, but doesn't make much sense given the design and description, and that name is...terrible. Also thanks for healing the burn on my mega scizor Primarina!

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
The japanese trailer revealed even more:

Apparently, you obtain Cosmog from Lillie and it has some plot significance.
Also, just like the stat trainers from DPt, you can tag team with Cynthia, Wally and maybe even Red and Blue.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
The japanese trailer revealed even more:

Apparently, you obtain Cosmog from Lillie and it has some plot significance.
Also, just like the stat trainers from DPt, you can tag team with Cynthia, Wally and maybe even Red and Blue.
The Japanese trailers are always so much nicer, I swear.
Cosmog looks really precious, I might be tempted to keep it on my team. Nice to see that your partner on the Battle Tree follows you as well; I hope we get to see all the champions as well as some Gym Leaders honestly.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Rowlet becoming Grass/Ghost was something that I really didn't see coming, although having said that it's actually a pretty cool typing. The design is pretty cool; I really like the way it's face and green hood look. It's definitely one I want to use ingame.
I'm trying to make myself like Incineroar but... I just can't do it. I just think that Litten could have been better rather than being given the Emboar Treatment. (although I do give it props for not being Fire/Fighting)
Primarina is GORGEOUS. I'm 100% picking Popplio. I'm always happy to something become Fairy, and this is a deserving candidate.

I like the Tapu's; my favourite is probably Tapu Fini, although I can't help but just slightly wish we got a Water Terrain or something just so they all had Terrain moves/abilities which matched their primary types, but oh well.

I'm still sure that Cosmog (and it's evolution) will have something to do with Solgaleo/Lunala, and the fact that it shares the same first type with Solgaleo/Lunala AND has plot significance (I do like the Japanese trailers) is only making me more convinced.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
One of the absolute best trailers till now! The new Pokémon are really great.
And imagine, we meet up with old friends! :cool:

Decidueye: A cool "Robin Hood"-Pokémon. The Grass/Ghost typing took me by surprise, but I like it.
Incineroar: I'm glad it didn't get the eternal Fire/Fighting typing, but Fire/Dark instead. This one will be on my first main team (Sun), for sure.
Primarina: I thought, like many others, that it would be Water/Fairy, and it didn't disappoint. A great Pokémon that be on my second main team (Moon)!
The Tapus: I really like these. Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini are my favourites. I expected quite early on that the Tapus would be Water/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Grass/Fairy, and got two correct guesses. Tapu Bulu are quite cool, too. And I love their Z-move!
Cosmog: This one was a bit weird when I first saw it. But now I kind of like it. Is this a pre-evolution of Lunala, like some people are thinking? Personally, I really don't know. Maybe or maybe not...!?