Death of Keldeo?

Freezerbern

Aspiring Trainer
If you've seen the spoilers for megalo cannon (as dubbed in japan) (if you dont know what i mean, just google it) you know grass decks a coming back. I mean, real grass decks. Genesect and Virizion. It's gonna be real trouble for keldeo. So I want your thoughts. Is keldeo finished after the next set is released, or will it adapt and survive?

RE: Death of Keldeo???

Keldeo has been done. It died after Plasma Storm. Since we got laser, squitles became donkable, and blastiosies became way easier to take out. Plasma Box can also destroy Keldeo. Genesect is just the icing on the cake.

Also, for the scans, just check the main poke beach website. You don't have to google it.

Yes it is getting down. Rush In might still be used but Genesect/Virizion will be used just as much as Plasma Box IMO.

Bo$$_89 said:
Keldeo has been done. It died after Plasma Storm. Since we got laser, squitles became donkable, and blastiosies became way easier to take out.

Yes, squirtle is donkable, but still, keldeo adapted to laser from what ive seen at league (or im just terrible :D)

As a huge Grass-type fan I'd love to see a resurgence of strong green decks ;)

Hold on, are we talking about Keldeo EX in general, or Blastoise/Keldeo the deck?
The former is still somewhat strong in decks that utilize it as a tech. The latter is what is not doing so well.

pokemoncatcher said:
Flygon2071 said:
Yes it is getting down. Rush In might still be used but Genesect/Virizion will be used just as much as Plasma Box IMO.

What is plasma box?

Thundurus-EX/Deoxys-EX/Kyurem/Techs

Honestly Black Kyurem is a lot better that Keldeo so I'm not really suprised, plus 170HP isn't too good anymore.

I for one, am very happy about Keldeo usage dropping out a lot. (I main Garchomp, and Keldeo is the one matchup I almost can't win (it's difficult to 2HKO and is easily capable of OHKOing Garchomp if necessary, most other decks except Dragon-based ones, which I usually outspeed, can only manage a 2HKO, giving me the turn I need to set up another Garchomp's Dragonblade.))

I saw a Keldeo, Squirtle, Rare Candy and Blastoise sell this morning for 6$.

Mostly because that guy failed at the title of his auction which was only "Keldeo EX"

It should have at least went for 10$.

Keldeo already fell, plasmabox is the top deck right now.

Keldeo weak to Grass Deck, Grass Deck weak to fire deck... Should i run fire... if Keldeo really falling that will be the time the price drop so i can go look for a cheaper Full Art.

If a grass deck does somehow become a big thing (which I don't think it will), then I'd love to see Reshiboar come back and be called Reshiboar Revival haha

bagoly14 said:
If a grass deck does somehow become a big thing (which I don't think it will), then I'd love to see Reshiboar come back and be called Reshiboar Revival haha

1)Emboar will be put of the format by then.
2)Genesect/Virizion can easily deal with Reshiboar KO'ing the Basics.
3)Genesect can OHKO with Virbank/laser and 2 Deoxys or with the ACE SPEC.
4)Chandelure will be too slow if you want to use it (you need more than 1 Chandelure).

Not trying to sound rude just putting the problems that Reshiboar would have (specially Emboar). You might run Entei/Heatran but you would need to attach 3 energies.

DrunkSpinda said:
Of course it will be a big thing, Bagoly. Genesect EX+Virizion EX+G-Canons and Shadow Triads.

I don't really agree with this but only time will tell. Genesect is an expensive card in Japan right now so maybe you are right, but it could be just because of all the hype as well.

I personally see my favorite rouge deck making a comeback, Goth/Accel, and thankfully Esa made an article on it.

And I wasn't being serious about Reshiboar, internet sarcasm is hard to read ;)

... Virizion blocks special conditions. LASER saw a big decrease because of that, so Goth/Accel should be basically nonexistant.

So you are gonna be running Darkrai, Keldeo, and Plasma Box with grass energy? I don't see that happening.

The only deck Virizion will be any use of is with Genesect, and if you create an item lock then there will be no energy acceleration or Ace Specs so you can just pick off Virizion with Dusknoir. I'd say Genesect is obviously still stronger in that match up but Goth/Accel won't be worried about Virizion in other decks.

Back