DDR Anybody?

masterryanx

N
I was wondering does anyone here play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)? If so what level do you play on and how long have you been playing?

I play on Heavy most of the time but there are those songs that push you back to Standard due to difficulty. And I've been playing... hmm let me see, about 3 years now...

Kira

Aspiring Trainer
Heh and I thought I was pro :p

I usually just play to amuse my younger siblings and embarass myself in front of friends... Lets see, a little bit of heavy but mainly I stick to standard or light for a breather. I have been playing for a year maybe but only once every two months or so.

ChanseyMaster

OH HAY LOL
Dude, I own DDR. I play heavy always and challenge when possible, and I've A'd The Legend Of Max (DDR Extreme) on standard. (Try it, it's near impossible). Plus, what's the highest number of AA's you've ever gotten in a game? In Extreme I've AA'd like, 34 songs. I also got one AAA, but it was on light so who cares. Also, if you guys like DDR a lot, go to:
www.flashflashrevolution.com

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...
I used to play it quite a bit, but now I don't get the chance to go to the arcade anymore. I was pretty decent, usually playing Heavy on most non-boss songs (Standard on most of those, except Paranoia Survivor). Now though it seems my reaction time has sort of dwindled. I can still do Heavy a lot, but some songs that I used to be able to do no problem (DXY!, Drifting Away, etc.) I get pretty winded in the middle of the song. Now I just play Stepmania most of the time, so I can still read arrows at fast paces. And there are files specifically for the keyboard that are really tough...

My best accomplishments were AAA'ing Trip Machine: LuvMix, (Heavy, single) AA'ing DXY! (Standard, double), and AA'ing Quasar (Stepmania song, 11 footer).

Man, I miss those days...

Latios Legend

Latios Master
Does DDR Mario Mix count?If so I can do the hardest song on Super Hard(Bowser's castle)and get a B!

I have only been playing for a week and I am considered the queen of DDR Mario Mix.

Most of the time I play on Super Hard until my legs get tired,then do Normal for a bit,then Very Hard,then Easy,then Hard, then Normal again,and back to Super Hard.It helps to change difficulties so your legs don't burn out.

I get A's a lot.

But the highest u can get on DDR:MM is an A.:(

I hardly ever get an F.

I also have all the songs(you have to unlock them in Story Mode).

masterryanx

N
I guess you can say it counts... I have the game but as a DDR hardcore I was disappointed to see no Freeze Arrows or Options... :( And ya that's pretty good, but if you want to get better find an arcade and really start to challege yourself. ;)

Latios Legend

Latios Master
Ok.Too bad there are no things like what you said(Freeze arrow,etc.).

There are no arcades where I live...:(

But my cousin has DDR extreme 2.Too bad she lives far away from me:(

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...
From what I've heard, it's a pain to unlock the harder difficulty levels. Like, you have to clear the story mode on that difficulty to unlock them, and the story mode is gawd awful apparently. Sort of a pain if you want to just play the songs...

Special Condition

Aspiring Trainer
DDR owns most other games.

Butterfly > All of you
Daikenkai > All of you
Cartoon Heroes > All of you
Burning the Floor > All of you

Yea...

ChanseyMaster

OH HAY LOL
Just a few days ago I spent my enitire day memorizing the steps to the legend of max until i was able to get an A on it blindfolded. Now im working to get an AA

also, DDR: MM is terrible. lol.
I tried playing the songs on the highest possible difficulty on my very first try and didn't miss a single step. (I would've gotten an AAA it if it wasn't for how dumb the game is, lol. instead it gave me an M or something)

in-the-ra

Lone Wanderer
hi! do all of you play ddr with the carpet or do you use a joystick
cos... i'm better with the joystick.. (yet until now i never gotten too heavy, i'm not very good)
ps. i play ddr extreme

Soxrcol

I Want To Be The Guy
RE:  DDR Anybody?

Alchemist_Almighty said:
I used to play it quite a bit, but now I don't get the chance to go to the arcade anymore.  I was pretty decent, usually playing Heavy on most non-boss songs (Standard on most of those, except Paranoia Survivor).  Now though it seems my reaction time has sort of dwindled.  I can still do Heavy a lot, but some songs that I used to be able to do no problem (DXY!, Drifting Away, etc.) I get pretty winded in the middle of the song.  Now I just play Stepmania most of the time, so I can still read arrows at fast paces.  And there are files specifically for the keyboard that are really tough...

My best accomplishments were AAA'ing Trip Machine: LuvMix, (Heavy, single) AA'ing DXY! (Standard, double), and AA'ing Quasar (Stepmania song, 11 footer).

Man, I miss those days...
You can AA Quasar?! Cool! Are you arch0wl or somthing?! :p

Soxrcol

I Want To Be The Guy
RE:  DDR Anybody?

ChanseyMaster said:
Just a few days ago I spent my enitire day memorizing the steps to the legend of max until i was able to get an A on it blindfolded. Now im working to get an AA

also, DDR: MM is terrible. lol.
I tried playing the songs on the highest possible difficulty on my very first try and didn't miss a single step. (I would've gotten an AAA it if it wasn't for how dumb the game is, lol. instead it gave me an M or something)

lol, lom blindfold. :)