• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai / Sableye / Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 3 Darkrai-EX
  • 3 Sableye
  • 2 Yveltal
  • 2 Yveltal-ex
  • 1 Mr. Mime
  • 1 Keldeo
Trainers: 37
  • 4 Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 1 Colress
  • 4 Energy Switch
  • 4 Dark Patches
  • 4 Lasers
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Dark Claws
  • 2 Catchers
  • 1 Random Receiver
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Virbank Gym
  • 1 Frozen City
Energy: 11
  • 11 Dark
Strategy:
Ideal is to start out with sableye or yveltal(non ex) to get back important resources or use yveltal's 1st attack to get energies back to set up the bench(acts like a dark patch) to set up darkrai-ex or yveltal-ex and attack with them. Keldeo & mr. mime are my techs used to get rid of status and bench damage.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Nice deck. Not entire sure on Sableye since Yveltal sounds like a better starter.

Yveltal can set up both Yveltal Ex and Darkrai Ex when combined with Dark Patch. Thus Yveltal Ex could be out turn two if Darkrai is on the bench. With poison and claws Yveltal Ex could hit hard and Darkrai Ex can serve a a sniper.

I know that this would change the theme of the deck into a speed beatdown version and thus the trainers could also be adjusted in case you like the idea. The deck below is a template that I have considered:

POKEMON (10):

3 Darkrai Ex (beatdown)
3 Yveltal Ex (beatdown)
4 Yveltal (beatdown)

TRAINER (38):

4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
4 Hypnotic Laser (beatdown)
2 Random Receiver (search)
1 Dowsing Machine (reuse)
3 Energy Switch (conserve)
2 Tool Scrapper (disable)
4 Dark Claws (beatdown)
2 Virbank Gym (enable)
4 Ultraball (search)
4 Dark Patch (fuel)
2 Cassius (rescue)
2 Skyla (search)
4 N (draw)

ENERY (12):

12 Darkness Energy

To tech Keldeo Ex remove Cassius since he was ment to conserve Pokemon Ex and to handle paralysis effects. Energy switch can be used to reuse attached energies.

Re: RE: Darkrai / Sableye / Yveltal

Dark Espeon said:
Nice deck. Not entire sure on Sableye since Yveltal sounds like a better starter.

Yveltal can set up both Yveltal Ex and Darkrai Ex when combined with Dark Patch. Thus Yveltal Ex could be out turn two if Darkrai is on the bench. With poison and claws Yveltal Ex could hit hard and Darkrai Ex can serve a a sniper.

I know that this would change the theme of the deck into a speed beatdown version and thus the trainers could also be adjusted in case you like the idea. The deck below is a template that I have considered:

POKEMON (10):

3 Darkrai Ex (beatdown)
3 Yveltal Ex (beatdown)
4 Yveltal (beatdown)

TRAINER (38):

4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
4 Hypnotic Laser (beatdown)
2 Random Receiver (search)
1 Dowsing Machine (reuse)
3 Energy Switch (conserve)
2 Tool Scrapper (disable)
4 Dark Claws (beatdown)
2 Virbank Gym (enable)
4 Ultraball (search)
4 Dark Patch (fuel)
2 Cassius (rescue)
2 Skyla (search)
4 N (draw)

ENERY (12):

12 Darkness Energy

To tech Keldeo Ex remove Cassius since he was ment to conserve Pokemon Ex and to handle paralysis effects. Energy switch can be used to reuse attached energies.

Thanks for the idea,but it just doesn't work for me. This deck list like you said is different and just takes me in another direction. I'll considerate it for future deck lists

I was thinking of possibly adding the new super potion coming in the x/y set,but I don't know what to take out. Any suggestions?

Don't go the super potion, there's not much point really (just go potion if you want to survive 2HKO's, and noone plays that). Also Yveltal is kinda meant for a speed deck, not a deck like normal darkrai where you go slow and set up darkrai without worry. Yveltal is meant for fast, hard hitting decks (like mewtwo) so to destroy your opponent before they fully set up. I'm not really sure whether you want it to be an actual Yveltal deck or not though, or if its just a tech. If it is a yveltal deck though, cut 2 darkrai and all sablye and add in bouffolaunt and some DCE.

zavtac said:
Don't go the super potion, there's not much point really (just go potion if you want to survive 2HKO's, and noone plays that). Also Yveltal is kinda meant for a speed deck, not a deck like normal darkrai where you go slow and set up darkrai without worry. Yveltal is meant for fast, hard hitting decks (like mewtwo) so to destroy your opponent before they fully set up. I'm not really sure whether you want it to be an actual Yveltal deck or not though, or if its just a tech. If it is a yveltal deck though, cut 2 darkrai and all sablye and add in bouffolaunt and some DCE.

thanks on the super potion suggestion. Yveltal(non-ex) is in there to speed up abit and works like sableye for a tech support poke. Yveltal-ex acts like how Mewtwo was in this deck way long ago and acts as a secondary attacker.

You're deck list on your OP is pretty much as ideal as possible. You have the right mix and the right item combos.The only minor tweak I'd make is replace 1 ultra ball with a bicycle (to get an additional cards on low hands) and you'll have the most ideal DarkraiEX Sableye deck.

Good Job

JungleBeatz said:
You're deck list on your OP is pretty much as ideal as possible. You have the right mix and the right item combos.The only minor tweak I'd make is replace 1 ultra ball with a bicycle (to get an additional cards on low hands) and you'll have the most ideal DarkraiEX Sableye deck.

Good Job

Thanks. I was thinking of adding a bicycle,but the last time I used it in my Darkrai deck, it was totally useless and couldn't use it at all

I understand. Bicycl isnt a mandatory card so its a flex card you could consider but ultimately its up to you

dramatic-chipmunk-o.gif

Guuuaah!? Another necromancer befouling the thread that has been laid to peace? It was dead, sir! Dead! Laid to rest in an Earth-filled grave with simple care, but now a dark, trowl magician comes and uses his dark spells to bring the dead back from their once humble, sleepy graves... Now it walks among us again in a wretched, flesh-hungry state! O my! Woe! Woe is me! I knew this thread! Moderated it! I shall do it a final justice to end its wretched life before it harms someone! I will bring it to its knees and Lock it in stasis, once and for all with my Kido technique!

Bakudo number one! Sai!

*Thread becomes locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back