• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Lasers (Need Advice for States!)

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
Pokemon:
4 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye (Junk Hunt)
1 Keldeo EX
1 Mewtwo EX
- - - - 9 total

Supporters:
4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress
- - - - 13 total

Trainers:
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Energy Switch
3 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
2 Crushing Hammer
2 Dark Claw
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Max Potion
1 Energy Search
1 Random Receiver
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
- - - - 26 total

Stadiums:
2 Virbank City Gym
- - - - 2 total

Energy:
10 Basic Darkness
- - - - 10 total

Strategy: Same as any other Darkrai/laser deck. Get Darkrai set up ASAP with use of Dark Patch and Energy Switch. Use Sableye to get back any items. Use Keldeo to get rid of status conditions. Mewtwo is there for Keldeo and other Mewtwos.

I was thinking about adding a Super Rod in there to get back Sableye during a Klinklang match up. It's been pretty split every time I play against that deck. I usually either make them run out of energies/switches or deck them out. I'm going to guess that that's one of the only ways to win against that deck? lol I never seem to get Darkrai set up early enough to start KO'ing Klinks.

Was also thinking about a Tool Scrapper...

Any suggestions? :)

There are ways to get a faster Darkrai but it would have to come at the cost of taking out the Hammers. That's basically the trade off that you need to decide what you prefer.

T2 Night Spear against Klinklang can be brutal. You probably win if they can't get out two on their turn and you go first then. On the other hand, yeah, Junk Hunting Hammers/Catchers/Lasers will eventually run them down, but it will always be long, drawn out, and if you flip poorly they're probably just going to roll over you once they're able to KO Sableyes over and over.

dmaster out.

Back