• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai / Hydreigon

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my Darkrai Hydreigon deck I plan on using at league next week, I'm looking to tech it out for Klinklang and Blastoise (the only two semi ok decks anyone has there...)
Pokemon
  • 3 Darkrai EX (DEX)
  • 3-1-3 Hydreigon (DRX) - Deino and Zweilous from DRX
  • 2 Sableye (DEX)
  • 1 Absol (PLF)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (NXD)
  • 1 Virizion EX (PLB)
Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Bianca
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Computer Search (Ace Spec)
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 1 Dark Claw
  • 1 Level Ball
Energy
  • 4 Blend Energy GRPD
  • 8 Dark Energy
Strategy
Strategy, like other Darkrai hydreigons, is to set up Darkrai and Hydreigon, using the former to do the damage and snipe bench, while the latter gives me the ability to move around dark energies. Blend works with virizion to give invulnerabilities to status conditions, and max potions work with Hydreigon for free healing. Sableye junks hunts.

After my first experience at league last week with a rogue deck designed to beat the top ones and not seeing any of them apart from a keldeo Blastoise, with no Black Kyurem and 20 something water energies. The other decks I saw was two klinklang decks, one with Jirachi? And one with cobalion and registeel, which is an ok deck except he has no catcher, candy or N... (Actually no decks I've seen have catcher, N or candy...)
No one runs laser but there is one gimmicky status deck hence why virizion is there...
So with my deck these are the decks I'm teching for. I've already got Mewtwo for keldeo and big finishing attacks, Virizion for status immunity, and Absol as a non ex attacker, but Hydreigon helps too :)
So all in all I'm asking if this is teched enough? Or if I've gone with the right techs? How viable is giratina ex as opposed to Absol?
Any and all help appreciated :)
Thanks!

Well its hard to say. Giratina takes 2 blend energy and can hit through safeguard and silver mirror. While absol just takes dark energy and is a good count for safeguard. But it will be walled by silver mirror. But then again you also have hydreigon to attack as well, and its nice to have a 1 prize attacker to make it a 7 prize game.

Hmm I think I'll stick with Absol, I haven't seen a single tool card, which is why I'm not even bothering with tool scrapper. Absol I think will be best i think simply cos its easier to set up.. Two blends is pretty annoying for giratina. And also because no one had heard of Sigilyph when I played it last time...

Where have you been going? This group of your seems to be pretty terrible if they dont use tools or even know what Sigilyph is...

Haha I know and when I lost to one of their decks (I had a bad draw) i felt so embarrassed :p I'm from Sydney, Australia but I live in a suburban rural area? Not sure how you would describe it...
One of the guys wanted to build a steel deck, so I traded him my plasma klangs cos I wasn't gonna use them, and he wanted to pair it with... Plasma blast Aggron and Jirachi EX... Can't wait to take on that one :p

So is there anything else the deck needs? I haven't run Darkrai before so not sure if I'm missing anything..

you could try exp share to get energy back when something is knocked out. Though not super important with dark patch.

Also if no one uses Ns. You should make a deck that utilizes Milotic. My first deck was Milotic, with Keldeo Blastoise. Clear search is pretty broken with that deck if they dont have Ns. You can easily get blastoise out by turn 3 with 2 keldeo both with 3 energy on them. After that you basically win every time. But as soon as Ns start appearing that deck kinda sucks.

Oh that sounds awesome! But I don't have the cards :( they don't accept fakes.. I've got the Milotic ( which I agree has a very awesome attack) but I don't have the blastoise.. :(
Would exp share be viable? There's not much space for it... What would I take out for it?

you would most likely have to take out dark patches for them. Which isnt terrible since they do the same thing basically. maybe 2 exp share 2 dark patch. With sableye you can always recycle them so its not terrible.

In darkrai/hydregion dark patch is one of the most important cards in the deck and must be ran in fours. 4 dark patch is what you need for the deck to work consistently well, even though exp shares aren't bad, dark patch is so much better, it lets yo get previously discarded energies back where exp share just let's you keep energies in play. Getting back previously discarded energies is so much more import than keeping them in play, e.g. If you have to discard dark energies with an ultra ball or a juniper, you can't keep them in play but you can dark patch them back.

Yeah I'm gonna agree with Joltic, I like the four dark patch and being able to discard my energies only to get them back.. I do like the idea of maybe 1 exp share?
If I can't fit it in that's alright, I can live without it, but if I could squeeze one in and keep consistency then it would be ok.
Any thoughts?

Back