• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai EX/Zoroark

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Pokemon

4 Zorua DE (Ascension)
3 Zoroark DE
1 Zoroark BW

3 Absol Prime TM

2 Darkrai EX DE

Total: 13

T/T/S

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Professor Juniper
3 N

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
4 Dark Patch
3 Dark Claw
4 Ultra Ball

Total: 34

Energy

9 Dark Energy
4 Special Dark Energy

Total: 13

Strategy: Set up Zoroark with a full bench of Pokemon to swing for 120 a turn, 140 with Dark Claw and even more with Special Dark. Darkrai EX is there as a backup attacker as well as to give all my Pokemon free retreat. Absol Prime is a great starter as it puts damage across your opponents bench while giving Zoroark a bonus.

-4 Collector
+4 Dual Ball

Collector is too slow man and you don't want it clogging up your deck mid/late game.

-1 Juniper
+1 Random Reciever

I like having a RR in my decks because it's a "supporter" you can Junk Arm for so it just gives you better odds of always being able to play a supporter. I would probably add a few more RR too and lower the supporter count so you could do that too. Also RR only works if you don't play Collector, which you shouldn't, but if you insist then you'll obviously want Pokégear 3.0 instead of RR so you don't draw into a dead card when you're looking for a hand refresher.

Other than that your list looks fine although you might wanna experiment with a few DCE's in the deck so you can keep up in the prize race easier.

You must enter a nickname said:
-4 Collector
+4 Dual Ball

Collector is too slow man and you don't want it clogging up your deck mid/late game.

Collector is what enables me to get out all the basics I need to power up Zoroark. Dual Ball is also extremely flippy and horrible for filling up a bench.

No, Collector is the card that 60 % of the times will not appear in your starting hand, thus making it hard for you to fill up your bench T2. If you utilize the ball engine to the max you can fill up your bench easier because you can cycle through your deck, find them Ultra and Dual balls, naturally draw into some basics, and fill up your bench.

Collector is slow and wasn't ever that good to begin with. You play Collector, you pray you can play it Turn 1 and if you don't well then you got 4 dead cards in your deck congratulations to you.

Admittely Dual Ball isn't the greatest card in the world but on average it will net you 1 Basic which is really good since the card doesn't have any drawbacks and is an Item so you can still play a draw supporter. If you don't like flippy cards fine, you could try Level Ball too which grabs you Zorua and Absol Prime.

It's his choice to either run collector or dual ball in this deck. Either works fine. Collector gets more basics and is consistent, while dual ball is flippy but also can be used in the same turn as a supporter. Each has it's pros and cons.

You must enter a nickname said:
No, Collector is the card that 60 % of the times will not appear in your starting hand, thus making it hard for you to fill up your bench T2. If you utilize the ball engine to the max you can fill up your bench easier because you can cycle through your deck, find them Ultra and Dual balls, naturally draw into some basics, and fill up your bench.

Collector is slow and wasn't ever that good to begin with. You play Collector, you pray you can play it Turn 1 and if you don't well then you got 4 dead cards in your deck congratulations to you.

Admittely Dual Ball isn't the greatest card in the world but on average it will net you 1 Basic which is really good since the card doesn't have any drawbacks and is an Item so you can still play a draw supporter. If you don't like flippy cards fine, you could try Level Ball too which grabs you Zorua and Absol Prime.

Noted, I'll try it Level Ball. Thank you for your advice.

Jirachi said:
It's his choice to either run collector or dual ball in this deck. Either works fine. Collector gets more basics and is consistent, while dual ball is flippy but also can be used in the same turn as a supporter. Each has it's pros and cons.
How is Collector consistent when 60 % of the time you won't find it in your opening hand? (This can be improved if you run Pokégear 3.0 though.) You should all know by now that Collector is very weak after the first turn.
I realize I'm bashing Pokémon Collector a bit too much. The card isn't bad, per say, it's more that the format isn't very suitable for it. I still don't like the fact that you need to play it turn 1 else you're in bad shape. But if the card works for someone, then sure go ahead and play it, but you might wanna try and run a ball engine, see how it works for you, odds are you'll like it.
@ Zoroa you are welcome

Well, dual ball isn't that consistent because it flips, While collector gets three basics Without flipping so you can use it to get three basics 100% of the time. I like dual ball too actually but I'm just saying its his choice to use either dual ball or collector. Both work fine.

on the dual ball collector issue, this deck runs collector and dual ball very well, imo it run's dual ball a tad better as junk arm for dual ball can toss basic dark energy away which can then be patched on to your bench, how ever i cant say collector isn't worse than dual ball, but i do feel 4 collectors may be a bit much, when i ran this deck with collector i had a bad tendency of filling my bench on turn 1 and then consistently filling it with out the need for it, then in late game it would clog my draw support, so i tried 4 dual ball, it works well for consistency in the end, but i'v also thought of either 2 dual ball 2 collector or a 3/1 split of which ever you prefer more, sort of experiment around with the taste and see what you like the most.
Also if you want you can try to fit around 2 of the Sableye DE in to the deck, you wont use him to often unless situation calls for it, but he is extremely helpful the few times you use him.

Back