• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai-EX/Hypnotoxic Laser/Tornadus-EX (CGI)

Blui

lv85 paladin
Darkrai/Lasers and the Green man.

3 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
2 Tornadus EX
1 Bouffalant
1 Keldeo EX
Pokemon total: 10

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
2 Skyla
1 Cheren
Supporters: 13

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Energy Switch
2 Dark Claw
1 Eviolite
1 Random Receiver
1 Energy Search
1 Computer Search
Items: 23

3 Virbank City Gym
Stadiums: 3

8 Dark Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
Energy: 11

Scramble Switch vs Computer Search
I've opted to run Scramble Switch over Computer Search in my build. Why? Because I've found it to make my deck more consistent than Computer Search. It really helps power up the Mewtwo EXs and the Bouffalant. If I have a DCE in hand and I have to play a Juniper I can simply attach it to a Sableye or anything else and then use a Scramble Switch to get it on a Mewtwo or the Bouffalant instead.

(Never mind this now, but still there if you want to run a Mewtwo build)

Virbank trio
I have 3 of the Gym in my deck. This is so I can use it more. Most decks tend to run 2 of the their Stadium which makes Stadium wars dumb, with 3 Gyms I can consistently get one out T1 or 2.

No Colress
Too inconsistent for me, I replaced the 2 I had in there with my Bianca.

Please discuss my list and help out if you feel that there's anything that needs to be changed (like massive supporter drought problems).

RE: Darkrai-EX/Hypnotoxic Laser/Mewtwo-EX

Bumped with my current list for States.

RE: Darkrai-EX/Hypnotoxic Laser/Mewtwo-EX

Fluff Meister said:
What Mewtwos?

Forgot to update the title. (look at how old this thread is, then when it was last updated :p )

Fixed

First of all, I like your list alot. The Tornadus EX gives your deck another good attacker and some protection from the ever meancing Landorus EX.

A few thoughts/suggestions for your consideration:

-1 Professor Juniper. IMHO, 4 are not needed. Yes, I understand that 4 increases your chances of drawing into 1; but I believe, more often that not, one also discards key resources more times than not since it may be the only Suporter in hand.
-1 Cheren.
+2 Bianca. To replenish your hand and replace the PJ and Cheren.

-1 Dark Patch. I've found 3 to be quite sufficient; plus, you can Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
+1 Skyla. I've found 3 to be the "right" count, given the number of Items and Supporters and that you may need to support a T1 KO with a Tornadus start.

-1 Energy Switch. I've found 2 to be quite sufficient; plus, you can Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
-1 Pokémon Catcher. I've found 3 to be quite sufficient; plus, you can Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
+1 Max Potion. Helpful should you ever need some Poké health recovery and an excellent compliment to Scramble Switch.
+1 Dark or DC energy. To increase your chances of drawing into 1 when needed.

-1 VCG,
+1 Skyarrow Bridge.
This is a clever idea one of my Poké pals shared with me. This gives your Sableye or Tornadus EX free retreat at certain times when it could be very helpful. Plus, lots of players will be running VCGs too.

Regarding Scramble Switch - Outstanding card for this type of deck, IMHO.

TuxedoBlack said:
-1 Professor Juniper. IMHO, 4 are not needed. Yes, I understand that 4 increases your chances of drawing into 1; but I believe, more often that not, one also discards key resources more times than not since it may be the only Suporter in hand.

Junk Hunt--'nuf said

That isn't enough said, ;P. Explain a little more. ~alex

Mora said:
TuxedoBlack said:

Junk Hunt--'nuf said

That isn't enough said, ;P. Explain a little more. ~alex
Thanks. My point does need a bit more clarification since I may have been thinking of a different deck. In particular for this deck, I've played 4 PJs in the past and I found myself in a position (too often) in which I've had to discard key resources such as other Supporters and/or special energy (cards that can't be normally recovered from the discard pile) or just not play a Supporter (ugh) that turn - hoping to draw into an N on my next turn. So, I tend to just play 3 PJs in my decks with very good results by compensating with other Supporters.

I only run 4 PJs in one of my decks: RayEels in order to stock my discard pile with L energy.

In most darkrai decks, 4 junipers is a good amount due to junk hunt and your main attacker is darkrai. If discarding special energies is going to ruin the game for you, you should probably play a different deck (or play this one differently). I agree that three virbanks is too much, but I would go with aspertia city gym over skyarrow. Darkrai should compensate for retreating enough.
On the playstyle comment: I'm not the best player, but I noticed when I was playing darkrai, I played more or less big basics and dark patch, not darkrai sableye. Sableye should be used quite a bit early game, negating things like T1 junipers and ultra balls.

Back