• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai EX/Hydregion

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
After my Pre-Release, I found that I had enough cards to make HydraDark, so I decided to make it. Having some decision making problems with Shaymin EX or Giratina EX, and Bianca or Cheren.

Pokemon: 14
3-1-3 Hydreigon (NV Dieno, rest is Dragon line)
3 Darkrai EX
1 Shaymin EX or Giratina EX
2 Sableye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

Supporters/Trainers:
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca or Cheren

2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Level Ball
3 Eviolite
4 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
2 Random Reciever
4 Dark Patch

Energy: 12
8 Darkness Energy
4 Blend Energy GFPD

Strategy: Start setting up Hydregion and bench a Darkrai, get a lot of energy on the field via turn attach and Dark Patch, If I attack with Hydregion, I get the energy back with Sableye/Dark Patch, Darkrai EX attacks when I need to take out one of the 170 HP EX's (Hydregion attack, then switch out Catcher something else up, attack that with Darkrai EX and KO the benched EX.) Any thoughts and suggestions will be taken under heavy considaration.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
You should always run a 4 line catcher. I would recommend taking the RRs for the catcher:
-2 Random Receiver

+2 Catcher

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
Run Bianca. I've drawn anywhere from 6-2 cards with it in my Hydreigon/ Darkrai, and I generally get 5-3. I would advise you choosing Shaymin over Giratina because of its ability to destroy Terrakions. If you have problems with Garchomp, try replacing a Dragon Hydreigon with the Noble Victories one, because it can two-shot two Altarias at once, and should you feel the need to run PlusPowers or Dark Claws, you can two-shot a Garchomp too, even with a Giant Cape, if a Garchomp player decides to run it. It can also take out Tynamos if your opponent fails to evolve them by the turn you get it out. Unfortunatley, it's weak to Terrakion, which Garchomp sometimes runs, but you have Shayminm not to mention you can see a Terrakion coming a mile away. Seriously.

POPokeDad

Aspiring Trainer
Bianca def better than Cheren. It's a good deck, but not as fast as Garchomp/Altaria - other than that, it's really good. Get 4 catcher like the the other guy suggests, he gave good advice.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I am not dropping Random Receiver for Catchers, Random Receiver is way too important. And after four games of play-testing, I decided to go with Cheren, yes you normally would choose Bianca, but I never had a hand below 3, except that one N late-game, but by then I had already been set up.

I think Giratina is better for a few reasons. A. It OHKO's Sigilyph, Garchomp, Zekrom, Reshi, Kyurem, and Terrakion. B. It abuses Blend energy. C. It has higher HP than Shaymin EX.

Two games were against Garchomp, and one game I got a T2 Hydregion and Darkrai, and just controlled the match (thank you Max Potion, T3 had two Hydregion's) the second one got a little sketchy, with a Hydregion and Giratina prized, but I won by a prize. The match-up is really based on how fast you get one Darkrai and one Hydregion, Giratina also helped a lot. I will probably drop a Patch and a Potion for two more Catchers, but I have to do more testing to be sure.

Mora

Don't Panic
Oh. I still would rather use Shaymin for Terrakion EX. Plus Giratina EX suffers the same Weakness as Rayquaza EX, so I wouldn't use it against Garchomp, and Zekrom will almost always have Eviolite.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still doing some testing on Giratina vs. Shaymin. Shaymin is only good for Terrakion, he's too fragile for much else, especially with Tool Scrapper around, and I've already explained Giratina's uses. The Garchomp matchup relies on Darkrai, if I can stream Darkrai's and Max Potion, I can get ahead and stay ahead. It just depends on the setup.

bagleopard

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea of Giratina EX but it does require at least two Blend Energy on board which may not always be reliable.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I ran acrossed a deck with Enhanced Hammer and one got discarded, but I still got Giratina built, Though I only attacked to KO Sigilyph.

terrynum1

Aspiring Trainer
Emopanda133 said:
I am not dropping Random Receiver for Catchers, Random Receiver is way too important. And after four games of play-testing, I decided to go with Cheren, yes you normally would choose Bianca, but I never had a hand below 3, except that one N late-game, but by then I had already been set up.

I think Giratina is better for a few reasons. A. It OHKO's Sigilyph, Garchomp, Zekrom, Reshi, Kyurem, and Terrakion. B. It abuses Blend energy. C. It has higher HP than Shaymin EX.

Two games were against Garchomp, and one game I got a T2 Hydregion and Darkrai, and just controlled the match (thank you Max Potion, T3 had two Hydregion's) the second one got a little sketchy, with a Hydregion and Giratina prized, but I won by a prize. The match-up is really based on how fast you get one Darkrai and one Hydregion, Giratina also helped a lot. I will probably drop a Patch and a Potion for two more Catchers, but I have to do more testing to be sure.

To start this deck is much better than the Garchomp deck because it has EX's to fall back on, which makes this deck much more versatile than the Garchomp. This deck was also the top deck for B division in the worlds qualifying tournament in Sendai, Japan. Shaymin EX was not put in the deck to counter Terrakion but to finish a close game. Giratina EX is a situational card just like Shaymin EX, i think it is a great tec but not necessarily better or worse. Good job adding some flavor to your build with the Giratina EX.

For your trainer supporter break down i find the following to be a great break down. This is my personal breakdown.

Supporters
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

Trainers
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Eviolite or Big Cloak or Toll Scrapper
3 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
2 Random Reciever
3 Dark Patch
2 Potion or Level Ball

Original Japanese Deck Complete Breakdown
Pokémon:
3x Darkrai EX
1x Shaymin EX
3x Hydreigon
1x Zweilos
2x Deino
1x Deino
3x Sableye
1x Sigilyph
=15

Trainer and Supporters:
4x Professor Juniper
3x Bianca
4x N
4x Pokémon Catcher
3x Dark Patch
3x Rare Candy
2x Eviolite
3x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
3x Max Potion
2x Random Receiver
=34

Energy:
8x Basic Darkness Energy
4x Blend Energy Grass/Fire/Psychic/Darkness(BW5)
=12

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
I would try:

Pokemon 15:
3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon
1 Sigilyph
1 Shaymin EX
3 Sableye

I/S/S 33:
4 Catcher
2 RR
3 Rare Candy
3 Max Potion
2 Heavy Ball (looks for hydreigon)
2 Level ball
4 Dark Patch
2 Eviolite or Dark Claw
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

Energies 12:
8 Darkness
4 GRPD

owtwem222

My Tyrannosaurus will eat you
mabe consider mewtwo and giritina because the winning deck in the japanese battle carnival ran 1 copy of both, so my idea of this deck would look like this:
x1 mewtwo EX
x1 Giritina EX
x1 Sigiliph DEX
x3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon Everything but hydreigon NV
3x sabelye
T/S/S
4x professor juniper
3x N
2x Cheren[bianca doesnt always work]
3x ultra ball
2x level ball
2x random receiver
4x max potion
4x dark patch
4x catcher
3x rare candy
2x eviolite
Energy
7 darkness
4 blend {D}{R}{P}{G}

the {DRG} are coming **tune of bed intruder plays**

but overall really nice deck :D

owtwem222

My Tyrannosaurus will eat you
Well shaymin vs giratina is difficult. If you run giratina i suggest putting in a fallback attacker like mabe 1-2 mewtwo,as it can deal with a fighting matchup very well. If you run shaymin i suggest finding a place for a sabelye and a few revives because even with fighting resistance terrakion can easily get a 2HKO on shaymin. The problem with the pokemon in bw-on that have fighting resistance is that they have either low HP or lightning weakness, which both suck. But it turns out the winning deck in japan featured giratina,shaymin and mewtwo EX, accommodating to every situation it faced, i think ill do that if i run this deck but i need to get 2 more darkrai's before i do. Anyways i really like the deck :D

Diet

In a dilemma
I wouldn't include Giratina EX just for the easy KO on sigilyph. Sigilyph in your deck can OHKO the opponent's Sigilyph, firstly. Shaymin EX is essential because of your fighting weakness on Darkrai EX. Without Shaymin it's hard to beat Terrakion decks. Deck looks quite solid otherwise; and I agree with 2 Catchers because you can always Junk Hunt Catcher. Reason why I only run 3 :p

PokéCastXVll

Pokémon Connoisseur
Seeing your decklist with no Tool Scrapper is exactly the reason why I intend on running quad Terrakion with Garbodor next format. I'm hoping they'll be more like this along with a few ZekEel variants.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
@Diet: Giratina EX can OHKO Un-Eviolited Terrakion.

@PokeCastXVII: I have been thinking of a place for Tool Scrapper, because I did playtest against Garbodor, and it was hard to beat (down to the final Prizes), Sableye is what saves Darkrai against it.