Darkrai-EX / Giratina-EX / Garbodor

Im desperately trying to find any Solution to this Problem, but i cannot find one. I guess you just gotta accept it being an autolose. Luckily it is not really popular

It would almost completely tear through Darkrai if it sets up well. But with rotation coming up, and Fighting decks losing Korrina, Fighting Stadium, Focus Sash, ect., it may be less of a threat. Same with Trev, he is getting rotated completely from Standard.

I still think this Deck might prevail after Rotation. I like it's versatility and fast Setup. Im curious how many viable Break Decks will be available and how they'll be doing against this Deck.

I still think this Deck might prevail after Rotation. I like it's versatility and fast Setup. Im curious how many viable Break Decks will be available and how they'll be doing against this Deck.
I agree very strongly that this deck will lose no consistency at all, with the only commonly played card that will be rotated out is Muscle Band really.
And about BREAK decks. The "good" BREAK decks in Standard right now are really only Greninja and Trevenant, with the occasional Carbink and Bronzong. In SS, there are not many promising BREAK cards at all. Clawitzer BREAK has a pretty nifty attack, but I cannot see any decks based around it. Hydreigon BREAK, Pyroar BREAK, and Talonflame BREAK have some powerful attacks, but require a lot of evolution and have some not-so-convenient side effects. Yveltal BREAK is actually pretty cool, paired with Fright Night Yveltal, but It will probably just be a one-of in some dark decks. Xerneas BREAK has an ok attack, but it isn't fantastic and although Fairy has quite a bit of support, I can't see it being amazingly viable. Yanmega/Yanmega BREAK have the most potential IMO, because of Yanmega's Ability and attack, which can do 50 + 70 if they have a tool attached to them, and Yanmega BREAK's attack going through Glaceon and Jirachi. Also, Bronzong BREAK can't really compete without Metal Links Bronzong, and Trevenant just isn't the same without item lock. How Greninja and Yanmega will put up against this deck, I can't say on Yanmega but if the Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor player can get Garb set up fast, Greninja can't do much about that, so I'd say 60/40, Dark/Tina/Garb. I think the same against Yanmega as well, because both BREAK decks rely almost completely on abilities.

It seems I may have gotten I bit off topic. Oops.
But there you go.

I agree very strongly that this deck will lose no consistency at all, with the only commonly played card that will be rotated out is Muscle Band really.
And about BREAK decks. The "good" BREAK decks in Standard right now are really only Greninja and Trevenant, with the occasional Carbink and Bronzong. In SS, there are not many promising BREAK cards at all. Clawitzer BREAK has a pretty nifty attack, but I cannot see any decks based around it. Hydreigon BREAK, Pyroar BREAK, and Talonflame BREAK have some powerful attacks, but require a lot of evolution and have some not-so-convenient side effects. Yveltal BREAK is actually pretty cool, paired with Fright Night Yveltal, but It will probably just be a one-of in some dark decks. Xerneas BREAK has an ok attack, but it isn't fantastic and although Fairy has quite a bit of support, I can't see it being amazingly viable. Yanmega/Yanmega BREAK have the most potential IMO, because of Yanmega's Ability and attack, which can do 50 + 70 if they have a tool attached to them, and Yanmega BREAK's attack going through Glaceon and Jirachi. Also, Bronzong BREAK can't really compete without Metal Links Bronzong, and Trevenant just isn't the same without item lock. How Greninja and Yanmega will put up against this deck, I can't say on Yanmega but if the Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor player can get Garb set up fast, Greninja can't do much about that, so I'd say 60/40, Dark/Tina/Garb. I think the same against Yanmega as well, because both BREAK decks rely almost completely on abilities.

It seems I may have gotten I bit off topic. Oops.
But there you go.

Thanks. It was quite informative anyways. I hadn't had a real clue about the viability of the new Breaks so i was just guessing. I am still very curious about what exactly will be rotated out so a Muscle band is alright. Since i will prolly just add more ffb's instead and achieve a way more tanky lineup. Maybe even a Reverse Valley for the 10 Extra Dmg? Who knows. I've seen people run Delinquent aswell, there are so many Tech Cards you can run in this Deck, i am really loving it so far.
Xerneas Break has some Potential with the Geomancy Setup, but we will see if it really works as expected or maybe is too slow. I think i might look into some potential Techs against Fairies.

Thanks. It was quite informative anyways. I hadn't had a real clue about the viability of the new Breaks so i was just guessing. I am still very curious about what exactly will be rotated out so a Muscle band is alright. Since i will prolly just add more ffb's instead and achieve a way more tanky lineup. Maybe even a Reverse Valley for the 10 Extra Dmg? Who knows. I've seen people run Delinquent aswell, there are so many Tech Cards you can run in this Deck, i am really loving it so far.
Xerneas Break has some Potential with the Geomancy Setup, but we will see if it really works as expected or maybe is too slow. I think i might look into some potential Techs against Fairies.
Instead of the MB's, I'll probably throw in another FFB, and another tech card like AZ, but idk exactly what yet. Also, I think you could make Xerneas BREAK work, but not in a quick, consistent, and reliable way. For fun matches with friends on movie night or whatever you might do, it sounds interesting. Not bad, but not amazing.

Does anyone have any ideas with the new Steam Siege set coming out how to fit a ranger and/or a ninja boy into the list? Not sure what could be cut to make them fit...or would they be too inconsistent for the deck?

i had the idea of including a ninja boy with umbreon ex!
What exactly do you want to accomplish with the Umbreon?

Does anyone have any ideas with the new Steam Siege set coming out how to fit a ranger and/or a ninja boy into the list? Not sure what could be cut to make them fit...or would they be too inconsistent for the deck?
Ranger will be essential, just to avoid the absolute terrible Matchup against Jolteon Ex. Ninja Boy might be an one of aswell, depending on what you're running, after the Rotation there will be enough space for both without cutting anything Important, since Xerosic/Startling Megaphone/Az are all rotating out.

I run 10 Darkness energies aswell, to increase the Max Elixier consistency, and I am trying to cut one Sycamore for a Delinquent, and so far it has worked in terms of consistency.

You've got Giratina for that Matchup. Maybe a one of can be a good Tech card but i just dont see a lot of viability in it. It is just too optional and 7/10 a dead card.

I have an idea in the form of tyrantrum ex. I'm not sure if it's legal for prc-on, however it was great against the mirror as well as jolteon.

I have an idea in the form of tyrantrum ex. I'm not sure if it's legal for prc-on, however it was great against the mirror as well as jolteon.
I've seen that Deck, i think in the Australian Nationals. I liked the Idea, and with the Addition of Special Energy Retrieval, we might very well see more of it, since you can easily pick up those DDe's from your discard pile.
How long have you been testing it and how often is it a dead card for you?
When do you prefer it over Giratina and why? (Matchups etc)

EDIT: It should still be allowed, since Jirachi is XY67 and Tyrantrum is XY70. So since Jirachi is still in the Format i think Tyrant will be aswell

So first of all I did a little testing, and also read 4-5 articles. Second of all, this may be different for some people, but I like to spread my energies between the tyrantrum and giratina, so I can drop a dde and go as soon as jolteon comes out into play

PS, getting it out game one of 3 in a best of three tournament would be my game plan, so I can load up the tyrantrum knowing the matchup game two

So first of all I did a little testing, and also read 4-5 articles. Second of all, this may be different for some people, but I like to spread my energies between the tyrantrum and giratina, so I can drop a dde and go as soon as jolteon comes out into play

PS, getting it out game one of 3 in a best of three tournament would be my game plan, so I can load up the tyrantrum knowing the matchup game two
One problem I see is that tyrantrum requires two double dragons to attack and three additional darks to discard to keep attacking. It worked way better with bronzong. If you are playing hydreigon ex, that shreds through Jolteon ex anyway.

with the new pokemon ranger, night march has a way to get out from chaos wheel. so is Giratina EX still a good choice here? I am thinking of running pure dark pokemon with 10+ dark energy (maybe 2 DCE), it is more consistent, plus baby Yveltal does well against night march generally too

Dark/Tina decks will struggle with NM until it rotates regardless of Pokemon Ranger or not. The fact that most Dark/Tina decks dont run energy removals allows NM to attach a DCE/turn knowing they wont be removed. Yes Pokemon Ranger does come into play, but at what point is that person going to discard/play that Ranger is a crap shoot. More than likely you'll see them discard a Teammates rather than Ranger early on to give you the ability to add another DCE to a benched NM'r. Regardless, your only strategy in winning against NM is to attack with Tina on either a Shaymin or a NM'r with a DCE attached. Wondering if they'll play Ranger or not should not matter because your only hope to win the prize race is preventing them from attaching DCE until you have gained a good enough lead.

Dark/Tina decks will struggle with NM until it rotates regardless of Pokemon Ranger or not. The fact that most Dark/Tina decks dont run energy removals allows NM to attach a DCE/turn knowing they wont be removed. Yes Pokemon Ranger does come into play, but at what point is that person going to discard/play that Ranger is a crap shoot. More than likely you'll see them discard a Teammates rather than Ranger early on to give you the ability to add another DCE to a benched NM'r. Regardless, your only strategy in winning against NM is to attack with Tina on either a Shaymin or a NM'r with a DCE attached. Wondering if they'll play Ranger or not should not matter because your only hope to win the prize race is preventing them from attaching DCE until you have gained a good enough lead.

can we increase the baby Yveltal count and trade it with NMers? it seems the only benefical trade against NM

You'll still lose if they run FFB. Baby Yveltal won't hit for enough damage. To be honest, best attack would be to hit with Tina on a Shaymin for 100. Can't retreat or attach a tool without playing Pokemon Ranger. Gives you more time to setup another Tina. Problem is, once Pokemon Ranger is played or they have the ability to retrieve with VS seeker, it's almost insta win for NM.

I've played this matchup a few times. Zerosic and enhance hammer shuts the deck down. Ontop of that, one megaphone sends the entire deck into disarray. So many times I've played tina, got the lock, and thought that was it. And bam enhance drops zerosic and megaphone drops. In ten games you may take 1. Night March, when not item lock, is just a beast. Along with toad, Trevenent, vepequin and vile plume, I'll be happy to see it go. Tired of turn one games. Worlds like nationals is going to be uneventful when it comes to actual games. Though the actual event will be very eventful, if u get my drift.

Back