Darkrai Counters

HTL + Dark Claw is an extremely common combo, Virizion is going to get taken out quickly whether you have an Eviolite or not. Unless you get it going T2, I don't think that'll work very well simply because it's so fragile (and that it requires Grass energy, which isn't commonly used).

Landorus EX is pretty much the only real "counter" to Darkrai, and even then, Darkrai can hold it's own. Landorus EX can theoretically do 90 damage to Darkrai with 1 energy and an HTL, which is devastating.

Re: RE: Darkrai Counters

Blah said:
HTL + Dark Claw is an extremely common combo, Virizion is going to get taken out quickly whether you have an Eviolite or not. Unless you get it going T2, I don't think that'll work very well simply because it's so fragile.

Not just that, if you want it WORKING T2, you need to basically focus entirely on it. Grass is pretty bad right now, FYI, so gl.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:
Mudkip711 said:
Assuming they get one. Plus, Eviolite can get around that. I mean how likely is it for a Darkrai deck to get a HTL out with a fully charged Darkrai T2? It'd be easier to get DCE + Grass on Virizion and attack for 100+ T2.

Except not really.

Darkrai Lasers can usually get a T2 LaserBank+Night Spear. It's what they're built to do.

As for Virizion T2, gl making a grass deck in this format to accomodate for that.

If you start with Virizion and attach a DCE all you need is a grass next turn.

You can put also Virizion in a Tornadus deck too if you play Prisms. Since you're already playing DCE it'd add an extra way to beat Darkrai.

Mudkip711 said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Except not really.

Darkrai Lasers can usually get a T2 LaserBank+Night Spear. It's what they're built to do.

As for Virizion T2, gl making a grass deck in this format to accomodate for that.

If you start with Virizion and attach a DCE all you need is a grass next turn.

You can put also Virizion in a Tornadus deck too if you play Prisms. Since you're already playing DCE it'd add an extra way to beat Darkrai.

Eh... The problem is with that that your Virizion is STILL going to die since After Dark Claw + HTL, Darkrai OHKOs you even with Eviolite.

Also, I don't see any Tornadus focused decks that aren't Tornadus Donk or White Tea and Sushi, and those don't exactly run Prisms.

Pell pretty much hit the nail on the head. Even if you do manage to get it going T2, which isn't that easy, it's just going to die in one hit after they get a Darkrai up. Seems like too much effort for a tech that may only survive for one attack.

Slowbro said:
Brave Vesperia said:
I usually just have a back up attacker ready to go. It's not as hard as everyone says it is, despite not having Energy acceleration. Heck, even Klinklang PS + Hypnotoxic Laser KOs it.
When the Victini KO's your attacker with energy, how are you supposed to load up another one in one turn?

I usually have enough time to get Energy on another attacker before they even drop Victini.

Besides that, Victini is pretty inconsistent. In all my games with Klinklang, there has only been one time where a Victini KO'd one of my Klinklang.

I seriously considered Promo Terrakion. Then I realized it not only had even worse problems, but the ability was pretty redundant, as it OHKOs after Hypnobank regardless.

A friend of mine made a pretty decent Fighting swarm deck with Victini EX and Lasers. Start Victini, attach, and accelerate onto a Terrakion EX. A t2 Terrakion is devastating, especially when comboed with Garbodor. You could try something like that. I barely beat it and that was only because I still play Terrakion ane he prized bad.

SO Im trying to come up with darkrai counters for my garbodor deck.

I only run one landy ex in this deck, bc hydro pony is so prevalent in my areas meta, and alot of the time turns into a dead draw for me. But i know darkrai will be prevalent to, just not so as much as le pony, so i need some other options.

I used to have retaliate terrakion teched in, but its 1000% weaker with HTL running rampant.

So i took out the terrakion for a one of terrakion ex tech.

I havent been able to playtest it against darkrai yet, but its last attack ohko's it, with the chance of energy accel as an added bonus.

Anyone have any thoughts one this? I figure dropping him out of nowhere and scrambe switching into him would just be devastating to darkrai.

Mudkip711 said:
This one is pretty good.

180px-VirizionBWPromo70.jpg

You can 2HKO a Darkrai with it and they can't even OHKO you without a Dark Claw.

I'd honestly just rather stick with Terrakion NV. It OHKO's and is less likely to be return KO'd by Darkrai.

Mora said:
Mudkip711 said:
This one is pretty good.

180px-VirizionBWPromo70.jpg

You can 2HKO a Darkrai with it and they can't even OHKO you without a Dark Claw.

I'd honestly just rather stick with Terrakion NV. It OHKO's and is less likely to be return KO'd by Darkrai.

Exactly. That Virizion is just not that good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back