• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dark-Psychic power! Tyranitar Deck

Baldnitrome2

Data Error
Hi guys, can you help me with my deck?
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Absol ROS 40
* 1 Tyranitar FAC 56
* 1 Tyranitar PR-XY XY130
* 1 Larvitar FAC 41
* 1 Larvitar FAC 40
* 2 Pupitar FAC 42
* 1 Honedge BKP 60
* 1 Doublade BKP 61
* 1 Aegislash BKP 62
* 1 Jirachi GEN 113
* 1 Phantump BKP 64
* 1 Trevenant BKP 65
* 1 Spoink FAC 30
* 1 Grumpig FAC 31

##Trainer Cards - 19

* 1 Energy Reset FAC 98
* 2 Tierno BKP 112
* 1 Switch ROS 91
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Level Ball AOR 76
* 1 Great Ball BKP 100
* 1 Chaos Tower FAC 94
* 2 Potion BKP 106
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Energy Switch GEN 61
* 2 Shauna FAC 111
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FAC 107
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 1 Random Receiver FAC 109

##Energy - 26

* 1 Dangerous Energy AOR 82
* 15 Darkness Energy Energy 7
* 10 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Do you think is a good deck?
What can I make better and what to retire?

(This is the first time I post something)

The strategy is get Jirachi to use it 1st attack (wish) to search the cards that are necesary for evolving larvitar in the next turn, then, put energy cards in larvitar, evolve,etc use Aegislash to double the damage, Spoink-Grumpig for Basic Pokémon,etc... Gotcha?

A few comments for your consideration:
  • Your deck consists of 4 different Pokémon lines - Aegislash, Grumpig, Trevenant and Tyranitar. Getting 2 Stage 2 lines and 2 other Stage 1 lines setup will be woefully slow IF you could even setup these lines. Surely, most opponents will not afford you that luxury. With so many different Pokémon, your deck lacks focus and requires streamlining in order to improve overall operations.
  • With all these lines, there is not enough room to have "thick" (e.g., 4-3-3 or 3-3) lines of Pokémon (in order to ensure you can get key Pokémon into play); so, there is also a good chance you may not have access to needed resources due to some Pokémon being prized.
  • I'd suggest you review decks in the Deck Garage Forum where you will typically see a Primaty Pokémon line or 2 along with some other supporting Pokémon. Fewer Pokémon lines will provide opportunties for faster setup.
  • Your main attacker, Tyranitar, requires 5 Dark (D) energy. With all required energy being primary, using some type of energy-attachment acceleration would be very helpful to get Ttar into an attack position as soon as possible. There are 2 primary ways to accelerate D energy attachment: Max Elixir and Yveltal (GEN).
  • Should you have to attach all of your energy manually, that would require an inordinate amount of time which, again, your opponents will not graciously afford you.
This appears to be a list generated from an online web system. If so, did you ever consider using M Tyranitar EX instead? Why have you not included much stronger D Pokémon like Darkrai EX, Yveltal (BKT), Yveltal (GEN), Yveltal EX and/or Zoroark?

If you are committed to the above list, then consider streamlining your Pokémon first to make the deck more effective. Afterwards, further feedback can be given for other suggested improvements.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

A few comments for your consideration:
  • Your deck consists of 4 different Pokémon lines - Aegislash, Grumpig, Trevenant and Tyranitar. Getting 2 Stage 2 lines and 2 other Stage 1 lines setup will be woefully slow IF you could even setup these lines. Surely, most opponents will not afford you that luxury. With so many different Pokémon, your deck lacks focus and requires streamlining in order to improve overall operations.
  • With all these lines, there is not enough room to have "thick" (e.g., 4-3-3 or 3-3) lines of Pokémon (in order to ensure you can get key Pokémon into play); so, there is also a good chance you may not have access to needed resources due to some Pokémon being prized.
  • I'd suggest you review decks in the Deck Garage Forum where you will typically see a Primaty Pokémon line or 2 along with some other supporting Pokémon. Fewer Pokémon lines will provide opportunties for faster setup.
  • Your main attacker, Tyranitar, requires 5 Dark (D) energy. With all required energy being primary, using some type of energy-attachment acceleration would be very helpful to get Ttar into an attack position as soon as possible. There are 2 primary ways to accelerate D energy attachment: Max Elixir and Yveltal (GEN).
  • Should you have to attach all of your energy manually, that would require an inordinate amount of time which, again, your opponents will not graciously afford you.
This appears to be a list generated from an online web system. If so, did you ever consider using M Tyranitar EX instead? Why have you not included much stronger D Pokémon like Darkrai EX, Yveltal (BKT), Yveltal (GEN), Yveltal EX and/or Zoroark?

If you are committed to the above list, then consider streamlining your Pokémon first to make the deck more effective. Afterwards, further feedback can be given for other suggested improvements.

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thanks for help, I will consider your recomendations.
Jirachi is well in the deck?
I think I can add evosoda and Max Elixir :)

Back