Ruling dark metal energy+ salamence/holon researcher. . .

twitch_77

twitch. . .what's with the pizza?
okay salemence d has an attack that says:

FMCC Delta Blast 100
Discard a M energy cand attack to Salamence.

and holon researcher lets me search my deck for a delta pokemon, or a metal energy.

so here's my question.
dark metal energy?
can i discard a dark metal for salemce's cost? and can i search for a dark metal with holon researcher?

thnx.

I'm not 100% sure, but i believe so because it provides a Metal Energy. so i'm almost sure that you can do so with teh attack.

but i'm not so sure about Researcher, if you can search for it that way. Maybe so, but i'm not sure, so i don't know there.

Arcanine out.

You can discard any card that provides Metal Energy to pay for δ Salamences attack cost. That is why it is a popular deck when run with Holon's Research Tower.

For your other question, you can't search for a Dark Metal Energy:

Team Compendium said:
Q. Can I use Holon Researcher to search my deck for a Dark Metal Energy card?
A. No, you can only search for the "Metal Energy" card; you cannot search for Rainbow, Dark Metal, etc. (Dec 1, 2005 PUI Rules Team)
I believe it is because Holon Researcher looks for a card named "Metal Energy", not for any card that provides [M] Energy.

alright, thanks arcanine.
i'm gonna play dark metal energy as if i can use it for salemence, and researcher untill know for sure i can't (just playing casual games anyhow).
i'd assume that researcher would let me search for the dark metal. it just says to search for a metal energy (it has the metal symbol). . .and the dark metal energy has the same symbol at the top right corner.

thnx.

---edit---

alright thanks robot. at least i can use them for salemce (only have 2 metal energys right now. . .hehe but i also have 2 dark metal. . .so they'll work untill i can get 2 more metal).
thnx.

All right that's good, cause one of my friend's today just asked me that same question, and i forgot to say that.

so yeah thanx for clearing that up DRK-176, didn't know the second one.

Arcanine out.

Back