• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dark Incineroar

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
Hello! I will show you my list for the new incineroar GX coming out, I hope you like it!

Pokémon:
Incineroar GX-3-TEU
Torracat-1
Litten-3-(Any 60 HP one)
Tapu Lele GX-2-GRI
Zoroark GX-3-SHL
Zorua-3-SHL
Hoopa-1-SHL
Alolan ninetales GX-2
Vulpix-2
Hoopa GX-1

Total: 20

Supporters:
Guzma-2
Cynthia-4
Professor Elm's lecture-2
Judge-1
Erika's hospitality-1
Bill's analysis-2
Total: 12

Items:
Field Blower-1
Rare candy-3
Ultra Ball-3
Energy recycler-2
Choice band/weakness policy-2
Max potion-2
Pal pad-1
Energy switch-1
Rescue stretcher-1
Total: 16

Stadiums:
Black market Prism-1

Total: 1

Energy:
Rainbow energy-3
Dark energy-8

Total: 11

Last edited:
Seems like Zoroark GX would be a better draw Pokémon than Swampert, Super Prism Energy aside; both since you're playing Dark energy and since you're playing Black Market <>. Having too many Stage 2 Pokémon slows you down a lot.

Definitely seems like you need more draw support, in any event.

Swap in Rainbow energy for the FDY Units; the +1 damage counter doesn't really hurt A9 (200->190 doesn't make much difference in most cases) and it is specifically helpful for Incineroar. You also can probably drop a couple of Dark energy; given Incineroar can search them out, having maybe 6 is probably enough plus the recycler.

Overall though -the big question to me is how do you take KOs against Blacephalon (or other GX, but I'd pick that as the main target)? Other than the GX turn, you do 130, 160 with CB, 170 with Devoured Field... not getting there. (And actually Blacephalon you may just be using the GX move of A9, so your GX move is pretty pointless anyway, it's more for the bigger Tag Teams.)

You need either Kukui (sounds good but getting them out at the right time is hard), Decidueye (hmmm... another stage 2?), Shrine of Punishment (... wouldn't KO until after their turn, though, unless you put it out before your Incineroar turn and then replaced it with Devoured Field), Salazzle/etc. (something to burn/poison from the bench)... something else to toss that extra 10-30 damage on.

Last edited:
There is no need to play rainbow because rainbow doesn't make any difference, it's the same thing just puts on a damage counter. I have tested and found myself with only 5 dark in the deck and about 2 in the hand a lot so I think the energy count is good. Zoroark is a good idea but swampers is also a one prize with better draw support. Stage two's are better with ninetales since I play 4 candy's. This deck only needs Incineroar to get going and K.O. something T2, take a prize, then usually thanks to the big health, they survive till next turn,T3 you gx attack to take two more prizes, then they take incineroar and you go in with ninetales. OHKO's aren't the point of the deck, the point is to keep bringing out attackers till all your prizes are gone

I think this deck could definitely use some more draw support, like Erika and Ingo/Emmet, and the promo Koko. The promo Koko using Flying Flip brings you up to 190 after crushing punch w/ a CB and D field. That trades KOs with Buzzwole, Blacephalon, and pretty much every other Ultra beast, while putting extra pressure on Tag Teams, which are now in KO range from an attack off Ninetales without requiring a Band on it. It's definitely more deserving of a deck slot than the Hoopa. I know you stated that "OHKO's aren't the point of this deck", but any really decent deck is able to stream attacks and put major pressure on their opponents in the first few turns of the game. Blacephalon does this really well, which is why it's good. Zoroark, the deck that is arguably the king of the Western Formats, is able to get really reliable 2HKOs while giving insane draw power. Even "Japan-exclusive" decks as of writing this like Zapdos/Jirachi are able to put pressure on their opponents in the first couple of turns, because single-prize attackers that hit like a truck are going to always be hard to beat. As this InCENAroar deck exists right now, there is pressure, obviously, but not of the same caliber as Blacephalon or Zoroark, since you're 10-20 damage short of a big KO on the majority of big-basic GXs. Especially when it is entirely possible to get KOs like that, I see no reason to stick to 2-hits.

Some random other bits include cutting some other cards like Timer Ball/Weakness policy for another devoured field and another one of the aforementioned draw supporters, just for the sake of consistency.

Clunckiness at its finest, i'd go full inci/A9T, with a couple of unit energies, max potions and energy recycler

I see your using ditto prism for both alolan muk and magcargo, considering you have so few Trainer cards in your deck Magcargo has way more value then shutting down your opponents basic abilities. If you want the deck completely dark, you can always use hoopa-GX's first attack to get you Item cards to evolve your Incineroar.

I can see Cynthia doing very little into getting a decent hand since you have a lot of Pokemon.

Mr.Mime could be dead weight, you do have rainbow energy but he can easily be guzma'd out for another card on your bench. Swapping that one out of another lycanroc can get you better field control.

You also only have 1 stadium, which if the opponent plays his hand right can remove that and your stuck taking more prize cards.

Hoopa is a great card stopping GX's(expect for 2) using Lycanroc can get your opponents GX card on the field while your setting up.

Bill's analysis can be removed along with Copycat for adding more judges, if you end up running Hoopa-GX, it can give you some disruption while you pulling your item cards.

That's all I'm gonna say for now, good luck.

Clunckiness at its finest, i'd go full inci/A9T, with a couple of unit energies, max potions and energy recycler
As already said, to many different pokemon lines, zoroark doesn't give you anything more as an attaccker, and can be replaced by other consistency cards (acrobikes, whistles, jirachi). Hoopa gx is not really useful, alolan ninetales is the way to go imho. Obviously a thicker draw supporters line is required

Back