Dark-G's Gallery - Renovating

Aoki

Chronically tired
iaza19517684274900.png

iaza19517655095500.png

Hello everyone! I am [member]Dark-Giratina[/member] and it is a pleasure to have you peruse through my gallery! Most of the members here are accustomed to calling me D-G, Dark-G or DG; though it really is up to you which form of name you would like to call me. Most often, I use traditional art materials such as colored pencils, charcoal, acrylics, pastels and oil paints to produce my art pieces.
I often have a high tendency of using the traditional materials in contrast to using digital editors and with that, you may rarely see me produce and share digital pieces. Although, when I am making my/other members' avatars and banners, this is the time I move away from my sketchbook and pencils and on to Photoshop CS6. There, I always ensure I complete each work to the best of my ability. If you happen to express interest in requesting a few art pieces from me, more details about it will be written below.

Without further delay, I present to you my art!

iaza19517676292000.gif

* Avatars marked with bold text are free to use. Anything else isn't allowed.

FREE!
334rf2u.jpg

uvtyu.png

oput7m.png

FREE!
5e693l.png

FREE!
acj9e.png

RE: DG's Sketch Dump

The wolf doodle is very good, with details and everything. Simply try shading and 'textures'. By then you'll improve.

I tried textures, and let me tell you, it isn't easy. That's a lot of doodle to cover... -.-;

Thank you for the feedback. ^^ But I have a question, what is a texture?

You know, like fur and scales and stuff. I can tell that you're working on it.

I have a pretty hard time with texture because I usually draw dragons...

Very impressed with your Wolf Doodle. A texture, also known as tactile, is an art element that artists use in their drawings to give people the sense of touch. It is usually portrayed in a drawing by working with light.

Thanks for the feedback, Ice Arceus. And speaking of this tactile thing, does anyone have any tutorial regarding this one>

I'd way recommend using a photosharing site (photobucket, tinypic, deviantart) instead of attachments, it's a lot more convenient for everybody.

The art is nice, you have clearly carved out a style for yourself. You show a lot of knowledge of basic art, lines, depth, etc.

Def look forward to seeing more.

Lucky Fire said:
You know, like fur and scales and stuff. I can tell that you're working on it.

I have a pretty hard time with texture because I usually draw dragons...

Basically, creating the illusion of form (well, that's with shading)
I do really like the wolf, keep up the excellent work!

331kl87.jpg

Hmmm, added another one to the Canine collection, but to be honest, am just okay with the final look.. Eh, crappy is crappy but I did it.

That's actually a really good canine drawing! There are a only few slight adjustments I would make to that drawing. First of all, the nose seems just a bit off because the corner of the nose looks somewhat sharp. Another adjustment I would make would be the fur located around the neck area. I would actually make the lines go in slanted direction so they are corresponding to the lines above.

RE: DG's Traditional Art Collection

I made this as a gift for someone over dA and I liked the way it turned out.

steban__for_skailla__by_ligerzbite-d5b3ztu.png

That's very bright but natural in colors. I like how you added a bit of green to the ears. I'm assuming that the wolf had ran into some moss somewhere in a forest. Very nice drawing, Dark Giratina.

Somewhere in drawing felines and canines, I'm stuck with this annoying fact that I can't really draw ears very well, and I deal with it. You draw ears very well, and I might suggest that you try felines once you think you've mastered canines.

Another nice drawing, Dark Giratina. However, it is time to provide some feedback about the piece. There are two things that stand out pretty clearly in this drawing. The first thing is that I am not a big fan of adding the green throughout the face. In some areas, it seems to be all right, but it doesn't quite look right near the nose area. Another thing that I couldn't help noticing was the sharp colored pencil marks - especially near the nose. Try to hold the pencils lighter and color softly throughout the drawing instead of applying pressure, which gives us the impression of the piece being rushed.

Those are the main two issues I found with the picture, but everything else looks great. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more work from you!

Thank you for the constructive feedback, Ice Arceus! I'll definitely try and keep that in mind when crafting together the next piece. :]

Back