Dark-Giratina's Sprite Cruise

Aoki

Chronically tired
~Welcome to my Sprite Cruise!~

Hello homeys! Welcome to my official sprite thread and hopefully you find it worthwhile to peruse through and examine and my sprites. I've gotten into spriting not far back and for a beginner's level, I've discovered that working with recoloring first is much more of a pleasant training ground to improve in than the brash splicing zones. Now and then, I will be uploading new sprites I've crafted together in my free time from MS Paint and each one is currently open to constructive criticisms. I will be plunging in to splicing, revamping and devamping soon so stay tuned for more sprites! Currently, if you have an idea for a Pokemon that I can either recolor, splice, revamp or devamp, don't hesitate to send a profile message my way. Without further adieu, let's showcase my beloved sprites!

Sprites Showcase

Recolored Sprites
iaza11026586435200.gif

So far, the latest recolored sprite I've added to my collection. I made this in MS Paint and so far, so good! I'm just hoping to get my monochromatic shades rectified a little more, but other than that, I think I'm improving!

iaza15340628399200.gif

iaza15340619483200.gif

iaza15340664271300.png

Splices

Revamps and Devamps

Alternative Sprites

Time to critique.

Let's start with Sharpedo first, shall we? I would like to mention firstly, that the overall color choices picked are quite admirable. I tend to analyze closely to see if there are any problems located throughout the body of the piece. Now, the only problem that is visible would be the gray color on its dorsal fin. Was this some sort of design you were heading for or what is just some sort of shading you were trying to create?

Next is Mienshao.... One thing that stood out was the color choice. The main fuchsia color and the purple you chose are way too strong for my liking. Try applying a darker tone or possibly a lighter one (depending on what you rather prefer). This will improve the overall quality of the work.

I would like to skip the upward trend and jump to Reshiram.

In all honesty, the effect you were trying to reach for Reshiram isn't impressive. I would like to point of, first of all, its left wing. There is, what seems to be a transparent area or an area where you decided to keep its original color. This spot that I pointed out, tends to break the overall trend of the effect you are trying to reach. You might want to fill in that spot to give the overall sprite a sense of completeness.

Let's move on to Rayquaza. Now, I am happy to actually declare this sprite's recoloring impressive. The colors that you used to give a sense of a metallic look truly stands out in this piece. The turquoise color to light up the signs work in unity with the overall body color and also gives the signs more emphasis. Good job with the recoloring!

Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Ice Arceus said:
Time to critique.

Let's start with Sharpedo first, shall we? I would like to mention firstly, that the overall color choices picked are quite admirable. I tend to analyze closely to see if there are any problems located throughout the body of the piece. Now, the only problem that is visible would be the gray color on its dorsal fin. Was this some sort of design you were heading for or what is just some sort of shading you were trying to create?

Next is Mienshao.... One thing that stood out was the color choice. The main fuchsia color and the purple you chose are way too strong for my liking. Try applying a darker tone or possibly a lighter one (depending on what you rather prefer). This will improve the overall quality of the work.

In all honesty, the effect you were trying to reach for Reshiram isn't impressive. I would like to point of, first of all, its left wing. There is, what seems to be a transparent area or an area where you decided to keep its original color. This spot that I pointed out, tends to break the overall trend of the effect you are trying to reach. You might want to fill in that spot to give the overall sprite a sense of completeness.

Let's move on to Rayquaza. Now, I am happy to actually declare this sprite's recoloring impressive. The colors that you used to give a sense of a metallic look truly stands out in this piece. The turquoise color to light up the signs work in unity with the overall body color and also gives the signs more emphasis. Good job with the recoloring!

Just what I had on mind.

Ice Arceus said:
Time to critique.

Me three.

Ice Arceus said:
Time to critique.

Oh come on!!! The Mienshao is so cool!!! If you saw one of
them in the wild you would catch it before you could say
!!!OMG A PURPLE MIENSHAO!!!!

Grumpigfarmer said:

...It's not purple, it's pink, and hot pink.

Grumpigfarmer said:

You're missing the point of my post.

Ice Arceus said:
Time to critique.

Me four. Lookin' forward to more.

superstarxalien169 said:
...It's not purple, it's pink, and hot pink.
Grumpigfarmer said:
It's not hot pink, hot pink has more white in it. This Pokémon has a darker purple on it to so that's why I called it purple.
IT IS BOTH PURPLE AND HOT PINK! OKAY?

Back