Ruling Damaging your own bench.

Renzo

Ray-tina-viper?!?
Luxray GL LV.X - Lightning - HP110
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Power: Shining Gaze
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level Up a Pokemon. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[L][C] Flash Impact: 60 damage. Does 30 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokemon, ignoring Weakness and Resistance.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Steel (-20)
Retreat: 0

This is from RR (a.k.a. BET). If I had Manectric PT on my bench and I use the attack, do I have to choose Manectric to damage or can I prevent the damage by choosing a different, protected Pokemon on my bench?

As BET is offically out yet, this won't be the final ruling however, Manectric does prevent the damage. You must say which pokemon you want to damage, then as a result of manectric, it does no damage.

I doubt it. You are required to deal damage to your bench, so I'm very sure that you would have to attack Maneletric. Of course, we could just lock this thread and wait for the ruling to come out.

Or we could assume that this is like the Old Amber/Zapdos ruling. You can choose Old Amber for Zapdos' attack. I don't see a reason for this to be different, but yeah. We'll see.

Back