Help Damaged item. Return it or buy a new one?

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Let's say you buy pokemon TCG product and the cards are damaged or miscut when you open them.

Let's also say that the cost of shipping is more than if you just bought the same item again, but TPCi will compensate you for it.

Do you ship the damaged product to Bellevue Washington for $3 more than if you bought that product again, or would you buy that same product again?

If anyone had to return a product, what does TPCi give you as compensation for shipping?

I went through Pokemon customer service stating that I bought a theme deck, and almost all the cards were miscut. They told me to ship it back to them, and I calculated the shipping rates to ship from Canada to Bellevue Washington. It is $3 more expensive to ship it there than to buy a new theme deck.

Miscut cards are worth more. You should keep it.
That is only partly true. If a card is miscut a little like a 65/35 split, then it is actually worth LESS than that same card with better centering. On the other hand, if a card is severely miscut like the one shown, especially if the next card down is shown at the bottom or the top, THEN it becomes more valuable. Now, this picture is an extreme example but you get the idea.
rare-pokemon-cards-card-chikorita-1-122-miscut-offset-dot-rare-misprint-b106624f8004e465a0201602d0488c1d.jpg

Let's say you buy pokemon TCG product and the cards are damaged or miscut when you open them.

Let's also say that the cost of shipping is more than if you just bought the same item again, but TPCi will compensate you for it.

Do you ship the damaged product to Bellevue Washington for $3 more than if you bought that product again, or would you buy that same product again?

If anyone had to return a product, what does TPCi give you as compensation for shipping?

I went through Pokemon customer service stating that I bought a theme deck, and almost all the cards were miscut. They told me to ship it back to them, and I calculated the shipping rates to ship from Canada to Bellevue Washington. It is $3 more expensive to ship it there than to buy a new theme deck.

I would say to just buy a new theme deck. Also, how badly miscut are the cards? If they are like you might get from a normal pack then it is nothing special. If they are really badly miscut then they could be worth some money. For example, the card I posted at the top of this thread on a reply to @The Last Shaymin could be worth almost $100 to miscut collectors.

One of the employees working at the store collects miscut cards, so I traded in the entire mach strike theme deck, and they let my buy a mach strike theme deck for free.

You know that face you make when you are happy and sad at the same time? I collect theme decks, and I do not like it if there is any defect, such as damaged, miscut, or missing cards, so that's the sad face, but when I saw miscut cards, I also had that happy face, kind of like aw nooo, I mean aw yeah, aw nooooo.

With MTG and Pokemon and having to return the defective product, I always never ever return it. The shipping is always way more expensive than buying the single to replace the wrong or missing card. The worst case for me where I must re-buy the same deck is if the deck is packaged with the wrong deck, like if you bought Mach Strike, and you see Imperial Command deck in it. You can't prove it was a defective product unless you made a video opening every product you buy, and the majority of people don't do that.

The miscut cards I had from the Mach Strike theme deck shows up to 1/8 of an inch of the next card.

Giving Pokemon booster packs to cover cost of shipping defective product back to Bellevue Washington is never worth it. Have you ever went to buy a baseball jersey with pokemon booster packs?

Back