Contest Custom PTCG Tournament

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by The Ωmega One, Jun 7, 2019.

1. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

[​IMG]
    Welcome Trainers to the first annual CustomTCG Tournament!!
    This isn't your normal PTCG tournament! You might be looking over the custom plugin and wondering where are my Leles GXs, where are the Shaymin EX, Claydol GE? Well trainers the cards you'll be using here are made by none other than the faking community!
    For this tournament you'll need to have the CustomTCG set up which you can find here: https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/the-custom-ptcg-plugin-a-manual-ptcgo-for-original-pokémon-cards.149794/

This tournament will be a double elimination style tournament to crown our first Custom PTCG Champion

The winner getting to chose a card from their deck to be 'reprinted' into a champion set with their user name stamped onto it!

Simply say /in below to sign up, you then will have until 6/15 to submit a deck list to me via PM either here or on the Discord (if you use discord make sure you tell me who you are if your username is different)

Rules:
    Each round will be best 2 of 3 and both parties must record the logs of the game.
    Currently the only format is modified DPPt (see previous link for rules that may have changed during that era)
    Player will have 3 Days to complete their round, time can be extended for special circumstances but please be mindful and give a heads up if you need more time.
    If you fail to complete your round without notice it will be counted as a loss.
    And the most important rule of all, have fun!

Ideal time table:
    6/15 final day to decks submitted, deck check for legality
    6/16-6/19 Round 1
    6/20-6/23 Round 2
    6/24-6/27 Round 3
    6/28-7/1 Round 4
    7/2-7/6 Final for Loser's Bracket
    7/7-7/10 Final Round

There's only 16 entries! So /in quickly!
    1: DoubleAACE
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019

2. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

/in

The Ωmega One likes this.
  3. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

I would definitely like to join (I've been playing around with a couple of deck ideas recently), but is my time zone going to be an issue? I'm in Australia (AEST), and that doesn't mesh too well with y'all North Americans. What times (your time zone) would I be expected to be available?

4. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I might actually be able to participate if another Australian is participating! xD (Serious though, I have to see if my schedules stabilise first.)

Generally if you're available between 6am to 10am+ in AEST, you'll be able to verse most Americans.

5. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

I am also Aussie, so we at least have some presence

bbninjas likes this.
  6. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

Ah, well. I guess this time it's not the time zone that's an issue, but my school routine. I'm not available around then, so I won't be able to enter. I can't say I didn't expect it, as it's been an issue in the PokeBeach PTCGO tournaments in the past.

On another note, is it ok with you guys if I make a thread for decks in this format, maybe in the Creative Works forum as they're member-created cards?

7. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I'd imagine a thread in the Creative Works would be fine. Maybe even post a link to that thread in the main plugin thread?

8. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

@The Ωmega One I'm sorry this tournament didn't get the players you were hoping for. If it's going to come down to just one round, chuck me /in. Unless some other people join, there shouldn't be any issues with me playing one "championship" round against @DoubleAACE (or winner-vs @bbninjas if he joins) since timing won't be a problem.

9. The Ωmega One Aspiring Trainer
    The Ωmega One

So this flopped a little bit, I'm going to try some different avenues to get some people on board. Sorry to @DoubleAACE and @FourteenAlmonds for the lack of a tournament.

10. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

If you find a way to get more people to join, I'll definitely play in a tournament.

11. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Sign me up, I'll play if you can get past 8 people!

12. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

I think giving people a bit more warning would help at least some, I know there were at least a couple people who didn't want to join because they didn't think they could get decks ready in time. That said, if people want to start a deck thread for the custom stuff, I have a few lists that i could contribute.

13. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

There are also a couple of deck lists that come pre-built with the plugin, if that helps!

14. DoubleAACE Professional Lurker
    DoubleAACE

Do any of those have Welkin cards in them at all though? 'Cause Welkin kinda changed the Trainer game.

15. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

No to be fair, though they should be easy to update!

16. chico Aspiring Trainer
    chico

/in

sorry, how do I see all the available cards?

17. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

If you go to the main CustomTCG Thread you can see links to the available sets; otherwise, you can use any cards in the application that are designed for the DPPt era (which is all the currently available cards as far as I know).

chico likes this.
  18. chico Aspiring Trainer
    chico

oh, wow, for some reason I read 6/15 as 7/15. So I guess the tournament ended then?

19. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

It never (has) happened.

20. chico Aspiring Trainer
    chico

Oh, so it can still happen! Hmm, I wonder why there aren't many players. Tournaments with custom cards are the best thing since sliced bread!

I'll try to sway my group into playing TCG so we can get some new players.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?