• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [CTFC] Alolan Ninetales

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Convenience for the Community Portal

Hey, everyone. It's The Last Shaymin from the Convenience for the Community group. I have posted to present to you: Alolan Ninetales! We have decided that this deck is one of the best decks for intermediate players to pick up and sweep the competition with, all without Lele! (It would be better with Lele though ;-; rip) So, Let's get onto the decklist!

Pokemon: 17
*4 Alolan Vulpix GRI
*3 Alolan Ninetales GX
*1 Alolan Ninetales
*3 Tapu Koko PR
*2 Remoraid
*2 Octillery
*1 Espeon EX
*1 Manaphy EX

Trainers: 31
*4 Professor Sycamore
*4 N
*4 Ultra Ball
*1 Float stone
*4 Aqua Patch
*1 Field Blower
*3 Brigette
*1 Rescue Stretcher
*3 Choice Band
*3 Po Town
*3 Guzma

Energy: 12
*8 Water energy
*4 DCE

So, the goal with this deck is to spread a whole ton of damage onto your opponent's stage 1 and stage 2 Pokemon. Late game, you can get easy KO's with Blizzard Edge. Use Ninetale's GX attack to heal it when it gets damaged, and you can knock out your opponent's Pokemon as well. The baby Ninetales is for against decks that attack with EX and GX Pokemon, For example, Volcanion and Golisopod. The Octillery is your basic drawpower. The 3 Brigette are in hopes that you get it in your starting hand. If you want to add in Tapu Lele, you can replace one or two of those for Tapu Lele. This is a very versatile deck, and if played correctly, it can beat even it's weaknesses.

Last edited:

JadeEspeon

Straight Espeonage!
I have played against this deck in a Lele and non-Lele variation 10+ times on PTCGO. I win every time with Volcanion/Turtonator utilizing a Hex Maniac + VS Seeker combo.

For people playing Ninetails, do you have a remedy for someone heavily using Hex Maniac to be able to turn off Ninetails's ability and take KO's with EX/GX?

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I have played against this deck in a Lele and non-Lele variation 10+ times on PTCGO. I win every time with Volcanion/Turtonator utilizing a Hex Maniac + VS Seeker combo.

For people playing Ninetails, do you have a remedy for someone heavily using Hex Maniac to be able to turn off Ninetails's ability and take KO's with EX/GX?
Play Standard

JadeEspeon

Straight Espeonage!
Lol. :p

Obviously, yes, but...a lot of premier events are Expanded now. If they weren't- I'd play Standard all day.
Either way, I don't play Ninetails, just thought I'd add that this deck is shut down quick with Hex Maniac in competition.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
This is a standard decklist, did you not see the title?

Therefore, you don't need to worry about hex maniac.

The baby ninetales is in there for emergencies, not as a main attacker. That is why there is only one.

JadeEspeon

Straight Espeonage!
So, my goof. I just realized this thread is in Standard. I had just clicked to this thread from the front page.

Things are clearer when we pay attention. If I had, I wouldn't have even posted. Oh well. XD

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
4 N is still a general rule of thumb with Cynthia out. Arguably even 3. But especially if you run Octillery, don't drop below 3, because disruption of the opponent's hand is great when you have it combined with draw power. Octillery also makes it to where you'll never N yourself below 5 cards. I also learned very early on playing Ninetales that damage spread is a good early game strategy, but not for running through the whole game with. That being said, Guzma is a necessity, and playing 8 water and 4 Aqua Patch is proof of this, since you obviously intend to use Blizzard Edge.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
4 N is still a general rule of thumb with Cynthia out. Arguably even 3. But especially if you run Octillery, don't drop below 3, because disruption of the opponent's hand is great when you have it combined with draw power. Octillery also makes it to where you'll never N yourself below 5 cards. I also learned very early on playing Ninetales that damage spread is a good early game strategy, but not for running through the whole game with. That being said, Guzma is a necessity, and playing 8 water and 4 Aqua Patch is proof of this, since you obviously intend to use Blizzard Edge.
Oh, I forgot guzma. I will change it right away. Also, I agree with the N, so maybe I will drop the cynthia in favor of more N.