• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crystal Edge (White Kyurem EX/Emboar BW/Reshiram BW/Entei EX)

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
I think this could be a strong build when Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt come out in November. What do you guys think?

Build 2

3-2-3 Emboar BW
2x White Kyurem EX
2x Reshiram BW
1x Entei EX
1x Emolga (DR)
Subtotal: 14

1x Super Rod
4x Energy Retreival
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
4x N
4x Cheren
3x Pokémon Catcher
2x Switch
2x Random Receiver
1x Heavy Ball
4x Skyla
1x Crystal Edge
Subtotal: 32

2x {C}{C}
2x {W}
10x {R}
Subtotal: 14

Emboar ramps White Kyurems into 200 damage with Crystal Edge. Reshiram BW and Emboar for Blue Flare obviousness until White Kyurem can be set up. Entei EX can be nice late-game to help get energy out of the discard pile along-side of energy retrieval.

Changes:
-1 White Kyurem EX
-2 Pokemon Communication
-2 DCE
-1 Bianca
-2 Bianca
+3 Skyla
+2 Random Reciever
+1 Heavy Ball
+1 Cheren
+1 Emolga

First, this deck is very reliant on Emboar. In the BW-on format, it is very challenging to get out Stage 2s without support. I think a way you could get out Emboar with less trouble would be to run a Skyla Engine. That would include 3 more Skyla, maybe a few Random Reciever, and a Heavy Ball. This way, you only have to have a Skyla or a way to get out Emboar (or Emboar itself), to get out Emboar. For example, if you have a Rare Candy, you can use Skyla to get a Heavy Ball (Better than Communication in this deck), then use that to get Emboar. This makes it much Easier to get out Emboar and would make the deck more consistant overall. Also, I think that your White Kyurem count could be dropped to 2. This way, it is very rare that they're prized, but you don't always start with it and you don't have too many in your hand later game. You also are accelerating Energies. I think that could be a reason to lower you DCE count to 2. It would be bad to have 2 DCE in your hand, but only be able to attach one. If you cut 2, you don't really have to worry about that and you could have more useful cards. A bianca could aslo be cut because you usually have large hands and Skyla Engine is a little better. So far:
-1 White Kyurem EX
-2 Pokemon Communication
-2 DCE
-1 Bianca
(-6)
+3 Skyla
+2 Random Reciever
+1 Heavy Ball
(+6)

I also think that you could change up your supporter line. I'm against running both Bianca and Cheren because you will have the wrong one 50% of the time. I think Cheren is a better play in this deck because you have a lot of cards that become near useless in the late game that will be sitting in your hand. This will make you draw less or even none with Bianca. I think Cheren would be the better choice because it is a guaranteed 3. If you listened to my earlier uggestions, you have 2 Biancas left. I think you could cut them for a 4th Cheren and an Emolga. A single Emolga is pretty situational, but when you have it,, you have a huge advantage. It is also pretty good because it gives a free retreater in your deck which is always helpful. In conclusion,
-2 Bianca
+1 Cheren
+1 Emolga

Thanks for reading
-iisnumber12

iisnumber12 said:
First, this deck is very reliant on Emboar. In the BW-on format, it is very challenging to get out Stage 2s without support. I think a way you could get out Emboar with less trouble would be to run a Skyla Engine. That would include 3 more Skyla, maybe a few Random Reciever, and a Heavy Ball. This way, you only have to have a Skyla or a way to get out Emboar (or Emboar itself), to get out Emboar. For example, if you have a Rare Candy, you can use Skyla to get a Heavy Ball (Better than Communication in this deck), then use that to get Emboar. This makes it much Easier to get out Emboar and would make the deck more consistant overall. Also, I think that your White Kyurem count could be dropped to 2. This way, it is very rare that they're prized, but you don't always start with it and you don't have too many in your hand later game. You also are accelerating Energies. I think that could be a reason to lower you DCE count to 2. It would be bad to have 2 DCE in your hand, but only be able to attach one. If you cut 2, you don't really have to worry about that and you could have more useful cards. A bianca could aslo be cut because you usually have large hands and Skyla Engine is a little better. So far:
-1 White Kyurem EX
-2 Pokemon Communication
-2 DCE
-1 Bianca
(-6)
+3 Skyla
+2 Random Reciever
+1 Heavy Ball
(+6)

I also think that you could change up your supporter line. I'm against running both Bianca and Cheren because you will have the wrong one 50% of the time. I think Cheren is a better play in this deck because you have a lot of cards that become near useless in the late game that will be sitting in your hand. This will make you draw less or even none with Bianca. I think Cheren would be the better choice because it is a guaranteed 3. If you listened to my earlier uggestions, you have 2 Biancas left. I think you could cut them for a 4th Cheren and an Emolga. A single Emolga is pretty situational, but when you have it,, you have a huge advantage. It is also pretty good because it gives a free retreater in your deck which is always helpful. In conclusion,
-2 Bianca
+1 Cheren
+1 Emolga

Thanks for reading
-iisnumber12

This is some really solid advice. Thanks! I agree that Cheren is good in this deck because of the guaranteed three, but my thoughts were that I was going to be playing so many energy and trainers that I'd have a really small hand pretty regularly. If that ends up not being the case in a turn where I only have Bianca, I see how Cheren would be preferred.
Mod edit: Language warning
25033763.jpg

Changes have been appended to the main post. Thanks again! :D

Okay 1st of cool deck, it's nice to see a fire deck. Now Some thing your deck and pretty much I feel any deck that relies on a bench sitter to accelerate is fitting in +2 tool scrapper since Garbodor (Garbotoxin) is actually pretty good since it can pair with Terrakion Ex or even Entei Ex. An early game Garbodor will basically cripple your deck in a way that's hard to come back from.

-1 Cheren
-1 N
+2 Tool Scrapper

Back