• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Cryogonal Item Lock/Poison

Sword.N

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Mareanie SUM 62
* 1 Toxapex SUM 63
* 4 Seviper BUS 50
* 4 Cryogonal UNM 46

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Poison Barb SUM 124
* 4 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 2 Adventure Bag LOT 228
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 1 Plumeria BUS 145
* 1 Faba LOT 208
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 N NVI 101
* 1 Koga's Trap UNB 211
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 162

##Energy - 7

* 4 Splash Energy BKP 113
* 3 Water Energy CL 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Cryogonal has 90 HP,its attack requirs [W],do 10 damage and quaking punch.

The idea of the deck is simply like Seismitoad-EX/Seviper decks.Comparing with Toad,Cryogonal is not that bulky and doing less damage,but only take 1 prize when knocked out.The deck has achieved some success on PTCGO,while there're still some problem to be solved:

1.The count of Cryogonal.Since we have Splash Energy and the bench is usually filled with Sevipers,is 3 copies of Cryogonal enough?

2.Would Prism Energy (or Blend/Unit Energy) together with some additional attackers be a good idea?

3.Toxapex is here to prevent retreating,is it necessary in current expanded meta?Should I use Mr.Mime UNM instead?

Any other suggestion is also appreciated.

Last edited:
Cryogonal needs to be a 4-of. It’s 90 HP and you really wish to start with it. This also looks incredibly inconsistent. Cut the Cynthias for 2 more N as they’re better disruption and you’ll be taking KOs slowly anyways so you’ll get 5-6 with N more often than not. Cut Plumeria, Choice Band, and 2 Poison Barb for either Pokegear 3.0 or Trainers’ Mail, though I would say Pokegear 3.0 personally. Prism Energy can work, but you’d need attackers that fit a disruptive style, are 1-Prize, and/or can do really big damage for 1 Energy. Buzzwole FLI works really well with this. The 120 can easily be gotten since everything is 1 Prize, you can just wait until then. Poison + Cryogonal helps do the damage so the 120 can come in and finish the target off. Toxapex is kind of bad, run Dragalge Flashfire instead. It actually prevents Poisoned Pokémon from retreating. If your opponent has used their Guzma, their not getting out of there if they’re poisoned. To compliment Dragalge, you could even run more Koga’s Trap, as Confusion without retreat can’t be a REAL pain especially if tails is flipped. I’d reccommend cutting the Toxapex line for this, then cutting 2 Nest Ball for 2 Mysterious Treasures. I prefer Super Rod over Rescue Stretcher, as you can also get back Energy, though you sacrifice the immediacy that Rescue Stretcher provides.

Cryogonal needs to be a 4-of. It’s 90 HP and you really wish to start with it. This also looks incredibly inconsistent. Cut the Cynthias for 2 more N as they’re better disruption and you’ll be taking KOs slowly anyways so you’ll get 5-6 with N more often than not. Cut Plumeria, Choice Band, and 2 Poison Barb for either Pokegear 3.0 or Trainers’ Mail, though I would say Pokegear 3.0 personally. Prism Energy can work, but you’d need attackers that fit a disruptive style, are 1-Prize, and/or can do really big damage for 1 Energy. Buzzwole FLI works really well with this. The 120 can easily be gotten since everything is 1 Prize, you can just wait until then. Poison + Cryogonal helps do the damage so the 120 can come in and finish the target off. Toxapex is kind of bad, run Dragalge Flashfire instead. It actually prevents Poisoned Pokémon from retreating. If your opponent has used their Guzma, their not getting out of there if they’re poisoned. To compliment Dragalge, you could even run more Koga’s Trap, as Confusion without retreat can’t be a REAL pain especially if tails is flipped. I’d reccommend cutting the Toxapex line for this, then cutting 2 Nest Ball for 2 Mysterious Treasures. I prefer Super Rod over Rescue Stretcher, as you can also get back Energy, though you sacrifice the immediacy that Rescue Stretcher provides.
Thanks for the advice!
I agree with the Dragalge change.Preventing retreat is way better than disturbing retreat.I'll try Prism Energy+Buzzwole,and since most of my energies will be special energy,Rescue Stretcher is better choice than Rod.
For the consistency part,I think 4 Professor+4N/Cynthia is enough for Expand decks since you have Vs Seeker to reuse them.I run 2-2 because you dont usually want to use N during early game.Nest ball is my access to Oranguru,which contributes a lot to consistency so I'm not cutting it.
So my agjustment to the deck will be:
-1 Plumeria
-3 Water Energy
-2 Toxapex line
-1 Choice Band
+1 Buzzwole
+3 Prism Energy
+1 Mysterious Treasure
+2 Dragalge line
Thanks again!;)

Back