• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Crobbuffet! (Crobat / Wobbuffet)

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, i'm new here, but i'm following this awesome site from almost a year now!
I'm from Italy, and i'm currently preparing for a tournament in milan at the end of the month.
Since i don't have any shaymin yet, i'm playing a crobbuffet (Crobat/Wobbuffet for who don't know) deck.
I need some advice, to improve my list, since i'm struggling a lot without any true result :/

Pokèmon: 17
  • 2 Gengar EX (PHF 34)
  • 4 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
  • 3 Crobat (PHF33)
  • 4 Golbat (PHF 32)
  • 4 Zubat (PLS 53)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 9
  • 3 Mystery Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

The main strategy is obvious, putting easy damage using the bats evolution line, attacking with wobbuffet for a 1-2 hit ko. Gengar provides free damage to the bench and even poison to opponents, switching for free.
The main Cards are Dimension Valley and the mystery energy, that provides free retreat and sometimes free attacks!
Can someone help out?

Last edited:
First of all, you only have 9 energy listed, not 10.

IMO, this is a deck that really needs to use 4 Level Balls since you can get both Zubats and Golbats with these Balls.

Secondly, there will be times when you'll need to retreat your Wobbuffet without your paying an energy cost; so, 1 Float Stone could be quite useful.

Also, running 2 Xerosic is not that critical, IMO; on the other hand, a 4th VS Seeker may be more useful.

Lastly, a lot of the deck's success relies upon your hitting heads on the SSUs. I've found that (even when running 4), you still may not get enough heads - especially when playing against decks with healing (e.g., Rough Seas) or "high" HP Poké EX. Plus, you could be Item-locked which would completely nullify your use of the SSUs when needed.

Given the above comments, I'd suggest the following deck changes:

-1 Xerosic
-1 Super Scoop Up
-1 Scoop Up Cyclone - other Ace Spec seem more useful
-1 Silver Band - limited vs. Muscle Band

+1 AZ - signicantly increases your chances of having access to at least 1 (or Float Stone)
+1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine
+1 Level Ball
+1 VS Seeker

I hope you find these comments helpful.

First of all, you only have 9 energy listed, not 10.

IMO, this is a deck that really needs to use 4 Level Balls since you can get both Zubats and Golbats with these Balls.

Secondly, there will be times when you'll need to retreat your Wobbuffet without your paying an energy cost; so, 1 Float Stone could be quite useful.

Also, running 2 Xerosic is not that critical, IMO; on the other hand, a 4th VS Seeker may be more useful.

Lastly, a lot of the deck's success relies upon your hitting heads on the SSUs. I've found that (even when running 4), you still may not get enough heads - especially when playing against decks with healing (e.g., Rough Seas) or "high" HP Poké EX. Plus, you could be Item-locked which would completely nullify your use of the SSUs when needed.

Given the above comments, I'd suggest the following deck changes:

-1 Xerosic
-1 Super Scoop Up
-1 Scoop Up Cyclone - other Ace Spec seem more useful
-1 Silver Band - limited vs. Muscle Band

+1 AZ - signicantly increases your chances of having access to at least 1 (or Float Stone)
+1 Computer Search / Dowsing Machine
+1 Level Ball
+1 VS Seeker

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! (And for the correction, my bad for the energy)
I think that you're right for the scoop up, AZ Sems much better in order to retrieve my pokèmon,
in fact i've got some serious problem against a lock deck and everything i could do was watching my strategies going into pieces :/
I've also tried to run one or two enhanched hammer, but sometimes these are only dead cards!
I'm going to definitely try these changhes, thanks a lot :)

Btw, should you go first in your game, "explode" your deck - i.e., get as many Pokémon (especially the Zubats) onto your bench. This could help against those item locking decks. Also, Trainer Mail could be useful too.

You're welcomed and best of luck to you at your upcoming tournament.

Why are you playing Shauna in Expanded when there are much better options for draw? I don't even play Shauna in Standard. I'd drop 2 Shauna for a Shaymin EX and a third AZ. Even though you play 4 Wobbuffet, there are plenty of times you could play your own Shaymin down and then retreat or Dark Corridor into Wobbuffet. AZ is really good in this deck, and on top of recycling Sneaky / Surprise Bite, adds a lot of mobility to the deck. You can pick up Wobbuffet if you can't retreat it, and you can pick up Shaymins to either reuse them or just get them of the board for prize denial late game. It's just such a good card that it's definitely worth playing three.

Why are you playing Shauna in Expanded when there are much better options for draw? I don't even play Shauna in Standard. I'd drop 2 Shauna for a Shaymin EX and a third AZ. Even though you play 4 Wobbuffet, there are plenty of times you could play your own Shaymin down and then retreat or Dark Corridor into Wobbuffet. AZ is really good in this deck, and on top of recycling Sneaky / Surprise Bite, adds a lot of mobility to the deck. You can pick up Wobbuffet if you can't retreat it, and you can pick up Shaymins to either reuse them or just get them of the board for prize denial late game. It's just such a good card that it's definitely worth playing three.

Put the third AZ? Why not?
But unfortunately, like written before, i ain't got any shaymin :/
How can i replace shauna then? I'll add another N?

I run this deck as well and I think you should switch out the Gengar EX's for Latios EX's. Fast raid hits for 40 damage with one psychic energy and it can attack on your first time. Seems a bit more helpful than Gengar EX imho I also only run 8 psychic energy in my deck. Protects against xerosic and enhanced hammers as well which are common in a lot of decks

Put the third AZ? Why not?
But unfortunately, like written before, i ain't got any shaymin :/
How can i replace shauna then? I'll add another N?

My bad, I must have missed that. Maybe another Colress since this deck likes to fill up its Bench.

Back