• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat Deck for Cities

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Pokemon
  • 4 Zubat (Ability)
  • 2 Golbat
  • 4 Crobat (Plasma)
  • 3 Gothita
  • 2 Gothorita
  • 2 Gothitelle (Ability)
  • 2 Mr.Mime (Ability)
  • 1 Giratina (Promo)

Trainers
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Cilan
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 3 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Rare Candy

Energy
  • 8 Psychic
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy
Like most Crobat decks the whole strategy is revolving around poison. However I feel like this deck can be more simplified. I may not be able to use any Garbodors as a Virizion counter, but I can at least try using Crobat as a slight boost to my draw engine. Problem is I don't know how to simplify this and make it work fast. So in general this deck is mainly for poisoning my opponent and trying to get the right cards out quickly. Gothitelle as a counter-measure towards item heavy decks.

What Cities is tomorrow? I'm wondering cause I'm off work :)

as for your deck to improve speed/consistency heres the changes I would make.

Pokemon:
I don't think that Goth will be that useful for your deck, if you need a heavy hitter, I would suggest either Mewtwo EX or Leafeon/Flareon lines for Virizion Counter.
-3 Gothita
-2 Gothorita
-2 Gothitelle (Ability)
+2-2 Leafeon (1 energy attack is a great counter to a lot of decks but also, OHKO's Keldeo EX/Blastoise Decks as well as big Mewtwo WX.

Trainers

-2 Cilan (Outclassed by MANY more supporters)
-2 Hypnotoxic Laser (You really don't want to be using this once Crobat is set up cause it replaces Crobats poison)
-2 Pokemon Catcher (2 is not very good since you only have a 50/50 chance each time and only two is not very reliable)

+2 Professor Juniper (Best draw in format. more = consistency)
+2 N (2nd best draw/best disruption again more= consistency plus when you have those hands full of supporters you really don't want to Juniper it all away)
+1 Skyla (These will help a lot when you need Candies or another specific trainer)
+1 Ultra Ball (Search is power)
+1 Rare Candy (again, best chance of getting a T2 Crobat poisoning for 60 is awesome)
+1 Virbank City Gym (best chance of getting it out/keeping it out)
+1 ACE SPEC (you don't have an ACE SPEC and every deck should run one. Comp Search/Dowsing Machine. your choice really, but I would choose Dowsing Machine for added surprise factor, being able to grab back that Virbank/Candy/supporter is great)

I run this deck as well. My base is:

3 Giratina
4 Zubat
4 Crobat
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Silver Bangle
2 Virbank

That's my core. It does 130 to EX on your turn. Giratina does 130 to everything that's hit with a special condition, which is why I max out Laser. I also run

3 Trubbish Tool Drop
2 Garbodor Garbotoxin
1 Garbodor PLS 66
2 Silver Mirror
1 Float Stone

to turn off opposing Abilities. Yes, it turns off Night Sight, but Night Sight is only useful to a point, and then it's just a dead ability that can be turned off with no detrimental effect. Plasma Garbodor is there because Biosmog is additional poison and potential Energy discard. Sludgebomb is also a good 70 damage.

Definitely cut the Gothitelle; it's really only good if you're attacking with it, or you're using something like Accelgor to attack. You could use the extra draw power, even with Crobat's Ability.

Chanderperior said:
I would just add PLF Leavanny if possible.

Uh.. I checked, and the current Legal Leavannies are in Plasma Storm, Noble Victories or Legendary treasures(reprint of Noble victories), just telling you now because I was actually looking for it in the freeze scans and I got confused.
why would it fit exactly? it's another stage 2, not only that, but the one from plasma storm is quite worthless. 25% chance to discard all the opponents active pokemon's energy. Sure that's good, but it's a waste of an attack, and a low chance to be successful. And the other one, from LT, only has the ability that is worth your time, any pokemon that have energy attached to them have no weakness. But then again, it's not worthwhile, because it's a stage 2.

If Lightning(Thundurus) is a worry, the better idea would be to add in Landorus in the deck, just to counter the Thundurus, other, better ways to do this is to add plasma frigate, Colress machines and plasma energy, to keep the resistance going.

Also, something I had a struggle with, is Mewtwo, having Shaymin in a crobat deck isn't a bad idea, and the Cofagrigus + Shaymin combo isn't a bad idea, but it might be a bit excessive just to counter Mewtwo, but I suggest considering it.

Some decks run Shedinja with Crobat to stall for time, which works, sometimes, it counters the usage of Dusknoir as KO-ing Shedinja is almost guaranteed, meaning they won't spread damage before dealing damage to your crobats, Shedinja can also be used to spread a bit more damage onto Mewtwo and other pokemon you won't be able to Poison KO without the extra damage counters.

Dusknoir is also a good partner in some situations, spreading the poison damage can be really good, but then again, your opponent is most definitely not going to have their pokemon out with the poison and take huge amounts of damage, especially not if they see the Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir on the bench.

I meant Leaf Tailor Leavanny. Sorry!

Leaf Tailor is quite a good Ability, as it renders Weakness useless for Pokemon that have Energy (In short, EVERYTHING) and that means that Crobat (Electrics are getting OP) won't have to worry about anything but Bolt Strike Zekrom.

Chanderperior said:
I meant Leaf Tailor Leavanny. Sorry!

Leaf Tailor is quite a good Ability, as it renders Weakness useless for Pokemon that have Energy (In short, EVERYTHING) and that means that Crobat (Electrics are getting OP) won't have to worry about anything but Bolt Strike Zekrom.

Yes, the ability is quite good and all, but you'd have to go with 1-0-1 or 2-0-2 because or else it's a little excessive.
Bolt Strike Zekrom isn't even a worry considering it leaves Crobat with 10 hp left (if you use Leavanny) and opens up for a KO by doing so.
Huh, I believe Electrics are getting weaker, they haven't been doing well, with the exception of eels, lately, the only really good card that has come out lately, in my opinion, is Thundurus.

I agree, however the fact remains that a Plasma Freeze Zekrom has been known to be run in RayBoar as a tech against Empoleon.

Kecleon-X said:
I agree, however the fact remains that a Plasma Freeze Zekrom has been known to be run in RayBoar as a tech against Empoleon.

Really? ouch,
Could still be countered by Landorus, but on second thoughts, that counter really only works if the energy cost is low, and in this deck, the energies aren't even in the same blend D:

Also, just thought of an idea, what if you scramble the list entirely to fit Virizion and Deoxys(Yes I know Deoxys is a common thing) in there? you could get off an attack, which could put Crobat in range for a KO and also, power up Crobat in a turn! c:
edit:
I'd assume having 1-0-1 Leavanny wouldn't hurt, because at least you have some kind of protection against Thundurus, Landorus wouldn't really help because it's just another big guy with heavy energy cost.

Back