Fun Create-A-Move Thread

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
We all do it. We’re playing through the game, wishing certain moves existed just to make things cooler. There are many moves that don’t /need/ to exist, necessarily, and others that could be better. So we all come up with moves that we feel should be part of the game.
So let’s let our creativity go wild by sharing our move ideas here. Here’s a few of mine

Quick Shock
Type: Electric
Category: Physical
BP: 40
PP: 35
Effect: Always goes first (priority +1)

Dragon Crunch
Type: Dragon
Category: Physical
BP: 80
PP: 15
Effect: May make the target flinch

Steel Beam
Type: Steel
Category: Special
BP: 90
Effect: Does more damage if the user is slower than the opponent

Not a move, but an ability: an equivalent to Intimidate that lowers Special Attack. Would be very useful.

I also have an ability, but I'm not sure what it would be called. The effect is this: If an attack would be a critical hit, it never misses. Also reduces the critical rate of high-crit moves. (For balancing reasons :p)
Also... my Fakemon Lasarat's signature move:

Sunshine Destruct
BP - 80
Acc - 100
PP - 5
Category - Special
Move's power doubles if used after a Sunshine- or Fairy-type move.

And its Ability, Overkill. The user must cool down for one turn. During the attacking turn, all type immunities are nullified. (Reasoning being that its typing, Sunshine/Ghost has 4 immunities.)

Setting Shift
Type: Normal
Status
Effect: moves all binding moves/entry hazards/Leech Seed to the opposing team's side

Hazard Smoke
Type: Fire
PP:20
BP: 20
Effect: 100% chance of Poisoning the opponent

also a few Z moves because wynaut

Toxic Thrasher
Exclusive to: Muk
Z Crystal: Mukinium-Z
Type: Poison
Base move: Poison Jab
BP: 190
Effect: The user completely smothers the opponent in toxic slime, then attacks them at full force

Deep Drill Drive
Exclusive to: Excadrill
Z Crystal: Drillium-Z
Type: Ground
Base Move: Drill Run
BP: 190
Effect: The user forms a drill with their body, then drills a deep chasm, dropping the opponent inside. It then attacks the opponent with its drill.

I have made quite a few moves over the years, none for quite a while though. I personally am a huge fan of signature moves, and am disappointed in the fact that many of them have ceased being familial moves. I apparently never did bother to work out power etc, and I am too lazy to right now :p
These ones were all made back in 5th generation, and ah, younger Vracken was not the most creative with names ^w^

Meganium
Petal Burst
Grass Deals
Damage and Cleanses Poison and Burns on the User and Opponent

Typhlosion
Flare Burst
Fire
+1 Priority - Speed, Special Defense and Special Attack increase

Sceptile
Pine Assault
Grass
Cannot Miss

Blaziken
Blaze Bash
Fire
Uses Either Special Attack or Attack depending on which is higher

Swampert
Swamp Formation
Water
Forms a swamp which slows enemy non water types as they switch in. Works with Swift Swim

Torterra
Terraform
Ground
Deals double damage to resisted targets

Samurott
Water Vortex
Water
Traps opponents for 3-6 turns dealing damage each turn

Other move/ability ideas:

Abilities:
  • Bare Fisted: Has two effects. First, all the user's moves get a 20% damage bonus if it is not holding an item. Second, regardless of whether the user has an item, all its attacks ignore the effects of the target's held item (so you can OHKO Focus Sash users and not be damaged by Rocky Helmet, for instance. It also blocks usage of consumables like berries and Weakness Policy).
  • Mega/Z-Block: A pair of abilities meant to punish the more busted Megas and Z-Moves. Any opposing Pokémon trying to do these things while the user is out is damaged for half their max HP, and the attempt counts as their Mega/Z slot for the match (already activated Megas that switch into the user aren't affected, though). The abilities also don't announce themselves until after the fact, which if put on something that can have another ability that doesn't announce itself (so for example, a Pokémon with Mega Block could have Tough Claws and Keen Eye as its other abilities) could create some serious mind games.
  • Rock Crusher: Meant for use on a 4x weak to Rock Pokémon. It instead makes them completely immune to Rock attacks (and Stealth Rock). On top of that, it adds an additional super-effective multiplier to any attack it uses against Rock-types. Anything with this ability could hard-counter TTar.
  • Hyper Cannon: User bypasses charge and recharge turns for any move (so one-turn Solar Beams, or Hyper Beams that don't require recharge).
Moves:
  • Rising Phoenix: A Z-Move exclusive to Fire/Flying Pokémon, using a special Z-Crystal and requiring Fire Blast or Sacred Fire. When first used it initially does nothing. If, however, the user is later knocked out without switching (either voluntarily or forced) in between, it is instead resurrected with half its HP restored and +2 to all stats except accuracy and evasion.
  • Slashing Dash: Dark, Physical, 5 PP, 80 Power, never misses. If the target has protected or is behind a substitute, OHKO's.
  • Hazard Spin: Variable Type, Physical, 10 PP, 60 Power, 100 Accuracy. Requires hazards on the user's side of the field to work. Each layer of hazards is removed and becomes a BP 60 attack of the type of hazard it removed (so two layers of Spikes and a layer of Stealth Rock become two Ground-type and one Rock-type attacks). Removes hazards even if it fails to do damage (ie if the target is immune).
  • Ice Claw: Ice, Physical, 90 Power, 15 PP, 100 Accuracy. High crit rate.
  • Focus Wave: Fighting, Special, 90 BP, 10 PP, 100 Accuracy. 10 % chance to lower target's SpD by 1 stage. Basically a weaker but more reliable alternative to Focus Blast.
Move Buffs/Nerfs:
  • Flash Cannon: 80 -> 90 BP.
  • Shadow Ball: 80 -> 90 BP.
  • Dragon Pulse: 85 -> 90 BP, 10% chance to lower target's SpD by 1 stage.
  • Dragon Claw: 80 -> 90 BP, high crit rate.
  • Blizzard and Thunder: 70% -> 85% accuracy.
  • Dark Void: 50% -> bypasses accuracy check to always hit, double -> single target, still only usable by Darkrai.
  • Close Combat: lowers user's Def and SpD by 1 stage each per use -> user takes 50% more damage from attacks for the rest of the turn after use, and opponent's moves bypass accuracy check against the user for the rest of the turn after use.
  • Hammer Arm: No Speed drop penalty.
  • Superpower: Stat reductions don't occur if attack KO's, and does 2x more damage in the calculation than needed to KO the target before type effectiveness is factored in while doing so.
  • Defog: Now clears all field conditions (weather, terrain, hazards, Trick Room, etc.) and targets no one in particular (meaning no evasion drop on the target).
Ability Buffs/Nerfs:
  • Gale Wings: Only works at full health -> only works above 50% health.
  • Defeatist: Provides a 20% damage bonus if user is above 50% health (damage penalty below that unchanged).
  • Slow Start: After five turns, in addition to Atk and Speed returning to normal, +3 boost to all stats including accuracy and evasion (ie how to make Regigigas PU to AG: what doctors don't want you to know).
Finally, I feel all starters should get Focus Blast. Why? Why not?

Other move/ability ideas:

Abilities:
  • Bare Fisted: Has two effects. First, all the user's moves get a 20% damage bonus if it is not holding an item. Second, regardless of whether the user has an item, all its attacks ignore the effects of the target's held item (so you can OHKO Focus Sash users and not be damaged by Rocky Helmet, for instance. It also blocks usage of consumables like berries and Weakness Policy).
  • Mega/Z-Block: A pair of abilities meant to punish the more busted Megas and Z-Moves. Any opposing Pokémon trying to do these things while the user is out is damaged for half their max HP, and the attempt counts as their Mega/Z slot for the match (already activated Megas that switch into the user aren't affected, though). The abilities also don't announce themselves until after the fact, which if put on something that can have another ability that doesn't announce itself (so for example, a Pokémon with Mega Block could have Tough Claws and Keen Eye as its other abilities) could create some serious mind games.
  • Rock Crusher: Meant for use on a 4x weak to Rock Pokémon. It instead makes them completely immune to Rock attacks (and Stealth Rock). On top of that, it adds an additional super-effective multiplier to any attack it uses against Rock-types. Anything with this ability could hard-counter TTar.
  • Hyper Cannon: User bypasses charge and recharge turns for any move (so one-turn Solar Beams, or Hyper Beams that don't require recharge).
Moves:
  • Rising Phoenix: A Z-Move exclusive to Fire/Flying Pokémon, using a special Z-Crystal and requiring Fire Blast or Sacred Fire. When first used it initially does nothing. If, however, the user is later knocked out without switching (either voluntarily or forced) in between, it is instead resurrected with half its HP restored and +2 to all stats except accuracy and evasion.
  • Slashing Dash: Dark, Physical, 5 PP, 80 Power, never misses. If the target has protected or is behind a substitute, OHKO's.
  • Hazard Spin: Variable Type, Physical, 10 PP, 60 Power, 100 Accuracy. Requires hazards on the user's side of the field to work. Each layer of hazards is removed and becomes a BP 60 attack of the type of hazard it removed (so two layers of Spikes and a layer of Stealth Rock become two Ground-type and one Rock-type attacks). Removes hazards even if it fails to do damage (ie if the target is immune).
  • Ice Claw: Ice, Physical, 90 Power, 15 PP, 100 Accuracy. High crit rate.
  • Focus Wave: Fighting, Special, 90 BP, 10 PP, 100 Accuracy. 10 % chance to lower target's SpD by 1 stage. Basically a weaker but more reliable alternative to Focus Blast.
Move Buffs/Nerfs:
  • Flash Cannon: 80 -> 90 BP.
  • Shadow Ball: 80 -> 90 BP.
  • Dragon Pulse: 85 -> 90 BP, 10% chance to lower target's SpD by 1 stage.
  • Dragon Claw: 80 -> 90 BP, high crit rate.
  • Blizzard and Thunder: 70% -> 85% accuracy.
  • Dark Void: 50% -> bypasses accuracy check to always hit, double -> single target, still only usable by Darkrai.
  • Close Combat: lowers user's Def and SpD by 1 stage each per use -> user takes 50% more damage from attacks for the rest of the turn after use, and opponent's moves bypass accuracy check against the user for the rest of the turn after use.
  • Hammer Arm: No Speed drop penalty.
  • Superpower: Stat reductions don't occur if attack KO's, and does 2x more damage in the calculation than needed to KO the target before type effectiveness is factored in while doing so.
  • Defog: Now clears all field conditions (weather, terrain, hazards, Trick Room, etc.) and targets no one in particular (meaning no evasion drop on the target).
Ability Buffs/Nerfs:
  • Gale Wings: Only works at full health -> only works above 50% health.
  • Defeatist: Provides a 20% damage bonus if user is above 50% health (damage penalty below that unchanged).
  • Slow Start: After five turns, in addition to Atk and Speed returning to normal, +3 boost to all stats including accuracy and evasion (ie how to make Regigigas PU to AG: what doctors don't want you to know).
Finally, I feel all starters should get Focus Blast. Why? Why not?

I think my heart just dabbed
Also I can totally imagine a legendary getting Hyper Cannon, or at least an OU SP attacker.

I guess I could also explain some of my suggestions:
  • Slashing Dash: Protect and Substitute are all over the place in Doubles and dealing with them and certain users (Celesteela, for instance) is a bit of a hassle. If not OHKO then do at least full damage or maybe double damage to discourage frequent usage of these moves and foster other ideas so people don't fall into complacent gaming syndrome, or else feel like they have to run Protect instead of useful coverage or status moves.
  • Ice Claw: Actually good physical Ice move. Existing good users of it include Beartic, Weavile and Kyurem-B. Note that the stats and effect make it an Ice-type copy of Leaf Blade.
  • Hazard Spin: There's got to be a better way to remove hazards than the otherwise crappy Rapid Spin without endangering your own hazard strategies like what Defog does. This move would deliver just that.
  • Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball and Dragon Pulse buffs: These all become copies of Psychic, a move with balanced power and a decent secondary effect chance. Existing Psychic copies include Earth Power, Bug Buzz and Energy Ball.
  • Hammer Arm: The speed drop penalty really isn't necessary in my mind.
  • Gale Wings: They nerfed it too much, in my opinion, even though I felt it needed to be nerfed. This is what I would have done.
  • Dark Void: Again, they went overboard and nerfed it without consideration for singles usage. Keeping it exclusive to Darkrai was great, in my opinion, since the move was indeed cancer in VGC 16. My change addresses the spread problem by removing it, while the perfect accuracy is just to make it more impressive as a signature move of a Pokémon that's not legal in standard play anyways, and you're safe from the move if you play under standard competitive rules (it wouldn't even be too busted in Smogon Ubers, because sleep clause).

Back