Contest Create-A-Card Judging Applications Are Open!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Accepting Create-A-Card Judging Applications!

tumblr_inline_oadz5u3P881rzhncd_500.gif

Many of you have shown interest in helping out in the Create-A-Card competition, and now the door is open! We are looking for some more judges to judge the text-based and image-based portions of future months. We’re planning on having a bit of a roster, so that our current judges can have a break occasionally! If you’re interested, please PM your application to me (@bbninjas!) with the following questions answered:
  • What is your Discord Tag (in the form yourUsername#0000)?
  • What is your PTCG faking experience?
  • If selected, would you prefer to judge text-based, image-based or either?
  • Explain succinctly what you believe being a Create-A-Card judge entails, and why you would make a great Create-A-Card judge.
  • What is your general availability? Is there any months that you would expect to be too busy to judge? If you’re unsure, that’s okay too.
  • Please include in your application your judging of the mock-entry/s below that correspond with the section/s you’d like to judge, using the Create-A-Card judging rubric.
Flygon / HP 140 / Dragon
Stage 2 - Evolves from Trapinch

flygon.gif

NO. 330 Mystic Pokémon HT: 6’07” WT: 180.8 lbs.

[Ability] Sand Trip
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Energy card attached to this Pokémon. Then, discard an Energy card attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

[G][F][C] Buzz Bomb [80]
Flip a coin for each Pokémon. If that coin flip is heads, this attack does 20 damage to that Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance: [L] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]
This Pokémon hides in the heart of sandstorms it creates and seldom appears where people can see it.
Wording errors:
-

Creativity/Originality: XX/20
(XXX)
Wording: XX/15
(XXX)
Believability/Playability: XX/15
(XXX)
Total: XX/50

D1HRIb2.png
Wording errors:
-

Fonts and Placement errors:
-

Creativity/Originality: XX/15
(XXX)
Wording: XX/15
(XXX)
Fonts and Placement: XX/10
(XXX)
Believability/Playability: X/5
(XXX)
Aesthetics: X/5
(XXX)
Total: XX/50

You must also meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for a Create-A-Card Judge position:
  • You must have participated in at least 3 Create-A-Card competitions.
  • To be an eligible Image-Based Judge, you must be consistently obtaining scores of at least 38 points in the Image-Based portion.
  • To be an eligible Text-Based Judge, you must be consistently obtaining scores of at least 40 points in the Text-Based portion or at least 28 combined points in the Creativity/Originality, Believability/Playability and Wording segments of the Image-Based portion.
  • You must be regularly accessible and be able to communicate online via our Discord chat.
  • You will be expected to participate in a once-off training session and have your first month of judging reviewed by an experienced judge.'t actually need to fill anything here out - just send the staff a PM. ^.^
Otherwise, happy faking!~

Last edited:
All that I'm missing is a discord, I think. I'll have a think about it.

Dang.

I haven't participated in 3 contests (this month will be my third), so it's a non-starter for me this time around. I'll keep an eye on this for the future.

Best of luck to the applicants :)

Dang.

I haven't participated in 3 contests (this month will be my third), so it's a non-starter for me this time around. I'll keep an eye on this for the future.

Best of luck to the applicants :)
Don't worry if you haven't fulfilled the contest experience quota yet! You can always submit an application once you do. ^.^

I do have some criticisms I'd like to address to make this a better experience for everyone, if you'll hear them.

Exactly how accessible would I have to be? I can be accessible a fair amount of the time, but I can't always be online.
Pretty much, if we message you about something, you'd be expected to have seen it within 24 hours. That's the extent to being online. :)

It's been about a month since applications first opened, and we're glad to announce that we have four new judges for the Create-A-Card Competition! Congratulations goes to @NinjaPenguin and @Vracken who will be judging the text-based portions, and @CMP and @WastedSkyPirate who will be primarily focused on the image-based. Luis will continue judging the text-based portion when he's available, and him, Jabber and myself will be mentoring our new judges over the next few months.

That said, judging applications will continue to remain open, so if you're ever keen, the option will still be there. ^.^

Back