Cradily Deck Possibilities

ShonkoJaja

Aspiring Trainer
I've been looking at some of the plasma sets and I noticed Cradily from Plasma blast. For just one grass energy you can set into your bench another stage 2 pokemon. The most obvious example i have in my mind is Greninja + Blastoise + Keldeo EX. I know the downside for this deck is that has a slow set-up, but it might actually work.

Other stage 2 that could work:
  • Dusknoir
  • Magnezone
  • Porygon Z
  • Serperior Legendary Treasures
  • Aegislash

Just sharing a thought guys, please give your opinion about this card.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
RE: Cradily Deck possiblities?

So, yeah, everyone knows Cradily has major potential. However, the fact that is a fossil Stage 1 makes it extremely slow to set up, because the chances of getting a T1 Lileep are scarce even with Twist Mountain in play.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

The only way I can see Cradily ever working out would have to be focused around Grass energy, be it basic, blend, or rainbow. Unless you can reliably get the energy on to it as well as get it into play, it just wont work. Pokemon you probably need to put it ins 4x Viriizion EX since you both need basics and it can charge up the Cradily in 1 turn. Then from there you have to use attackers that also use colorless, grass, rainbow, or are on the same blend as grass since this deck needs to be as consistent as possible. Something that has really good synergy and is quick to power up. An example is Nidoking and Nidoqueen from PLF. Nidoking's Lovestrike cost CC and does 40x the number of Nidoqueens you have in play. Which at most is 4, allowing you to hit for 160 and with muscle band it can OHKO all EX's not Mega. But the problem is that it would take at least 4 or 5 turns to fully set up before you start attacking. Which really just goes to show you that Cradily is just not going to work in the current format.

JasonRox

Aspiring Trainer

Cradily is only for fun but even the such slow setup is terrible. I tried online.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope

A guy at league plays the deck with plasma torterra, reuniclus, serperior, and cradilly. Though it does decently as a good rouge deck, it hasn't made it far through tournaments.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

I can see this being fantastic with Shiftry in the soon-to-be-released Flashfire set. You can fill your bench with a 4 of them, then score an easy 80 damage! (remember, that is if you have 4 benched and your opponent has none, so if all benches are full, that's a whopping 200, and not a single Rare Candy required!) This could probably also go good with Delphox, Greninja, and others.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Cradily had to be ruined by the atrocious fossil mechanic. The only fossil worth playing is Aerodactyl from Dark Explorers and even that has problems.

But if I were to play Cradily, I'd play it in a Genesect/Virizion deck, throw in a bunch of random stage 2's with cool abilities (Delphox/Dusknoir/Reuniclus), and perhaps Mew EX to be able to use the attack with more ease and see how it goes.