OU: Strategy Counter That Pokemon! (Round 6)

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
~I have permission from PMJ to pick this thread back up n_n~

All right, it's time for another exciting round of Counter That Pokemon! Hooray! (Does anyone want to make a banner?)

"Golly, One Approved, what's that?"

I'll tell you, good user! Counter That Pokemon is a way to help improve your teams, disguised as a game! Holy smokes, that sounds like a great time for everyone. Once a week (or more frequently if discussion dies down), I will post a Pokemon set that you, dear user, must do your best to counter. If your Pokemon counters the chosen Pokemon, you will gain two points! The poster of the best counter will receive a two-point bonus! That's four points! Amazing! However, if your Pokemon is just a check, you will receive only a single point. How sad.

"But One Approved, I want four points. :< What is the difference between a check and a counter?"

Glad you asked! ...but I'll get to that in a bit.

Rules:
1. Obey the forum rules at all times. Forum rules supersede these rules whenever applicable.
2. One counter per user.
3. No duplicating counters. (Counters using the same Pokemon are allowed but the sets must be explicitly different and not simply the same Pokemon with a different coverage move(s) slashed on).
4. Counters must be fully posted - this means that EVs, moves, nature, and ability must be included. IVs must be included only if they are relevant to the set, such as with specific Hidden Powers or slow sets. Otherwise all IVs are assumed to be 31. Sprites are highly, highly encouraged. Use this to cheat:
Code:
[img]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/pokemonnamehere.gif[/img]
5. Your sets must be viable in OverUsed play. Sets will be considered based on overall viability, not in a vacuum. This is because the aim of this game is to educate on good counters for good Pokemon that go on good teams, not gimmicks that have no competitive value or an obscure niche.

So you asked what the difference is between a check and a counter. Here you go:
-To be considered a counter, a Pokemon must be able to switch into any of the opponent's moves under normal battle conditions, including taking damage from Stealth Rock, and reliably KO the opponent before the counter is KOed itself.
-To be considered a check, a Pokemon must be able to switch into at least one - but not all - of the opponent's moves under normal battle conditions, including taking damage from Stealth Rock, and reliably KO the opponent before the counter is KOed itself.

Additional things you should know:
-Deal with status conditions as follows: You will wake up after two turns of sleeping and you will hit three out of four times while paralyzed. Obviously, you can still attack while poisoned and burned (but make sure to factor them into your calculations!), and you can't attack while frozen.
-Assume multiple hit moves (Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear, etc) hit three times, barring any modifications like the Skill Link ability.
(thanks Bippa)

"What do normal battle conditions mean?"

For the purposes of this project, normal battle conditions mean:
-Stealth Rock is up on the counter's (your) side of the field.
-Stealth Rock is not up on the featured Pokemon's (opponent's) side of the field.

The weather is handled as follows:
-If no weather is listed, the weather is assumed to be clear skies unless the counter has the ability Sand Stream, Snow Warning, Drizzle, or Drought.
-If the Pokemon to be countered can change the weather when a counter with a weather-changing ability comes in, the weather is situational and should be analyzed as such. For example, if the featured Pokemon is Drought Ninetales with Sunny Day and you list Politoed as your counter, you should evaluate the situation with two possiblities, rain or sun.
-If the Pokemon to be countered has a move such as Thunder, Hurricane, Solarbeam or Blizzard, assume the favorable weather for the move.
(thanks Bippa)

Here is a damage calculator. I would suggest using it in trying to Counter That Pokemon.

Current Round

[animate]gengar[/animate]
Gengar @Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Timid nature
28 HP/128 SpAtk/80 SpDef/252 Spe
~Substitute
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-Wisp
~Disable

Round ends: 10/15
Round 1: LO Greninja countered by Sylveon

Round 2: Mega Manectric countered by Hippowdon

Round 3: LO Latios countered by Ferrothorn

Round 4: DD Mega Gyarados countered by Ferrothorn

Round 5: CB Azumarill countered by Venusaur

Keeper of Night - 18
Equinox - 9
dmaster - 8
Professor Paulena - 6
AlexanderTheAwesome - 5
Chaos Jackal - 4
Ddogtheking - 3
Cinesra - 2
His Goominess - 2
TwistedTurtwig - 2
hawk5678 - 2
bacon - 1
MtheW - 1
Momaster12 - 1

Counter That Pokemon!

Round 3

[animate]latios[/animate] @Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid nature
4 Def/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Psyshock
~Surf
~Defog

RE: Counter That Pokemon!

Professor Palutena said:
I think Latios needs an item.

Updated OP, Latios is @Life Orb

Also, the scoreboard is updated from round 2, which was ran by PMJ, where the attempted pokemon to counter was Mega Manectric, here's how the points went:

Momaster12 with Assault Vest Heatran: AV Heatran does do the job, I guess, however it will get worn down extremely quickly, especially because it can be outsped. You basically let Mega Manectric get away with volt switching out and taking 0 damage for free. Therefore, AV Heatran is a check and not a counter. You get 1 point.

Keeper of Night with a Physically Defensive Quagsire set: Quagsire is always a troll in OU, and it shuts Mega Manectric down completely due to its lack of HP Grass. 2 points

Chaos Jackal with Chansey: Fat Pink Blob > Any special attacker, 2 points

Prof. Paulena with Specially Defensive Hippowdon: Immune to Electric STAB, and it only takes 33.8% MAX from a HP Ice, which it can easily heal with Slack Off. 2 points

Bacon with Latias: It resists all of Manectric's attacks barring HP Ice, which is also easily shruggable via Roost. 2 points

dmaster with Swampert: I went back and forth on this one, but I will give it 2 points. Just be warned that Swampert comes PERILOUSLY close to breaking rule #5 (that your sets must be viable in OU.) However, it has the same typing as Quagsire, and despite lacking recovery, it trolls Manectric pretty hard.

Equinox with Curse Mega Venusaur: This set gets 0 points.Yes, it counters this pokemon (Mega Manectric) specifically, but it just won't work in the tier as a whole. I really hate giving away 0 points, but I just don't see a way around it. I'm not going to distract from the purpose of the thread by discussing it here, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me or VM me or Skype me n_n.

ME!!! with Tyranitar Unfortunately, because I run this thread now, my pointsno longer count :(. But tyranitar is a solid counter due to how little damage it takes from any of Manectric's attacks, and its ability to threaten immediate damage output. It would have gotten 2 points.

Cinesra with Goodra: Goodra has massive Special Defense, and it also threatens immediate damage output, which forces Manectric out. 2 points

This round's 2 point bonus for the best counter went to Professor Paulena. I ended up choosing this pokemon because it, and Quagsire were the only 2 that were immune to Volt Switch, thus not only countering Mega Manectric, but also completely shutting off your opponent's momentum. Hippowdon took it over Quagsire because while they can both Earhtquake for SE damage, Hippo has multiple other options it can use to support your team (ie Stealth Rock) on the impending switch, while Quagsire really only has the one. Anybody with questions on the scoring can PM me. :)

Round 3 is in the OP, it is Life Orb Latios! Counter away!

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
Ability: Defiant
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 64 HP / 192 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 97-114 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 64 HP / 192 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 90-107 (31.3 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Bisharp Pursuit (80BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 338-398 (111.9 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 338-398 (111.9 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not only does Assault Vest Bisharp reliably counter Life Orb Latios, it can also act as team support by blocking attempts to Defog hazards away.

azumarill.gif

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
Ability: Huge Power
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Azumarill: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 69-81 (17 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
And we all know what happens with Dragon Pulse.

4+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latias: 402-474 (133.5 - 157.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latias: 288-340 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Basically, Bulky CB Azumarill is able to switch in on any of Latios's attacks, being immune to Dragon Pulse and taking pretty negligible damage from Surf. Psyshock hits it for about 2/5 damage, but Azumarill will be able to survive the two Psyshocks and a layer of rocks in order to retaliate with Play Rough or Knock Off. Knock Off normally would only have a 75% success rate to take out Latios in one hit, but the Life Orb damage taken will allow it to OHKO as an alternative to Play Rough. And even if Latios switches out, if predicted correctly, Knock Off has the capacity to severely cripple the new switch-in.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Latios' strongest move against this would be Draco Meteor, which lowers its SpA and only slightly dents the set. Psyshock is a 9HKO, while Surf is left at a 7HKO. Defog doesn't remove Leech Seed, so Ferro can easily recover from any attack. Gyro Ball is also a 2HKO.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 186-219 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 121-143 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- 96.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 51-60 (14.4 - 17%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 56-66 (15.9 - 18.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Edit: Forgot SR, added in extra calcs.

clefable.gif

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Toxic

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 149-177 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 139-165 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- 85.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 182-216 (60.4 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
1. Clefable doesn't take SR damage
2. Clefable can always use Soft-Boiled to heal an extra 5-12% on top of Leftys on any move
3. We haven't even added the fact you can Cosmic Power up your Sp. Def
4. One Moonblast means that after Lati attacks you 4 times, it will die from Life Orb

RE: Counter That Pokemon! (Round 3)

I'm unable to provide calcs atm as I am on a mobile device.

630.gif

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
Careful Nature
-Defog
-Knock Off
-Roost
-Toxic

Mandibuzz easily counters Latios since it's not carrying Thunderbolt which normally is a 2HKO after rocks are applied. The hardest thing that Latios can hit it with is a Draco Meteor which Mandibuzz can Roost up on getting back majority of the HP it just lost from Draco Meteor. Mandibuzz also has Knock Off which is a sure 2HKO on Latios. It can Toxic it decreasing its survivability even more.

Jolly Sand Stream
tyranitar.gif
@Choice Scarf
252 ATK/252 SPEED/4 DEF
Pursuit/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge

Scarf Tyranitar set.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 185-218 (54.2 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 172-203 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 320-380 (105.9 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This set is fairly standard, but it can really wreck a lot of opposing threats, including this Life Orb Latios set. Latios is able to do quite a bit of damage with the attacks that do damage, but if you have the amount of HP to switch in, you can guarantee the OHKO back from a Crunch after outspeeding Latios due to being Jolly, with max Speed, and Choice Scarf. That's not to mention the coverage that Ground/Rock/Dark allows you to have in the OU tier and the amount of Speed that lets you outspeed quite a few things in the tier. I've always found Tyranitar to be one of the best Pursuit users in the game and that lets you do a lot of things in battles.

dmaster out.

Sorry for the delay, dunno what I was thinking putting the deadline on a Monday, literally my busiest day. Kek. Anyways, you were all supposed to counter Latios, here's the scoring for this last round:

Professor Paulena with Assault Vest Bisharp: The calcs do a great job of showing that Bisharp isn't going to take more than 40% on the switch-in, and obviously a-2 Latios will do even less. Bisharp can elect to play it safe and Pursuit for the guaranteed KO, and it won't take more than 65% in the process. 2 points.

TwistedTurtwig with Choice Band Azumaril: I was very surprised Psyshock only did that little. I do want to point out that Azumaril can really only switch in once, because 2 Stealth Rocks is 27%, but that first time is guaranteed, and a Choice Band Huge Power Play Rough is going to do absurd amounts of damage. 2 points

Keeper of Night with Ferrothorn ...again...You're right! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ferrothorn tanks Draco Meteor heftily, and deals out a solid 2hko in response (while being able to do other trolly things, ie setting up Stealth Rock!) 2 points

AlexandertheAwesome with Clefable: great use of Fairy typing making it immune to Latios's strongest moves. Clefable also takes less than 45% from all of Latios's attacks, and doesn't even need to worry about SR Damage. 2 points

DdogtheKing with Mandibuzz: Close, but not quite. After Stealth Rock, Mandibuzz takes a minimum of 98% from 2 Draco Meteors (yes, that's factoring in the Special Attack drop.), so there is a very high chance for Latios to 2HKO. That being said, Mandibuzz takes the other two attacks just fine, and it can beat Latios 1 on 1 if it doesn't directly switch in, so it is still a very reliable check. 1 point.

Dmaster with Choice Scarf Tyranitar: A very solid counter. It can eat 1 of anything Latios throws at it, and then it can outspeed and threated to kill. It also provides additional pressure, because it can come in and revenge kill any time Latios uses Draco Meteor. 2 points

This week's 2 point bonus goes to Keeper of Night - While Bisharp and Tyranitar can guarantee the kill on Latios via Pursuit, both of them are under 50% for the remainder of the game. Ferrothorn can switch in repeatedly, and heal itself up with Leftovers + Protect, and Leech Seed, so it is in fantastic shape after Latios has been forced out.

Next round's pokemon - let's not do a Special Attacker this time. :p
[animate]gyarados[/animate]
Gyarados @Gyaradosite
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant nature
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Taunt

Assume Gyarados mega-evolves on the turn you switch in, and remember, the mega evo has mold breaker. This round will end on 9/21, get countering!!

Somebody.
Stop me.
Please.
ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Gyarados's only real damaging move against Ferro is Earthquake, which settles at a comfortable 5HKO. Ample time, considering they'd have to take out an extra turn for Taunt, for Power Whip to knock them out with a clean 2HKO. Even if they try to DD, they simply don't have the time to effectively take out Ferrothorn before they become overwhelmed.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 228-270 (68.8 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 49-58 (13.9 - 16.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 82-97 (23.2 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Or if they do DD on the switch:
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 72-86 (20.4 - 24.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 122-144 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(3HKO after taking the switch turn to use DD, which means they hit, I hit, they hit, I hit, I win. Still assuming they don't Taunt, in which case I can take my time with Thunder Wave and Leech Seed.)

245.gif

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroCune makes for a good check as it has numberous reasons to freely come in and take a hit or two. On normal sight on a Suicune vs M-Gyarados it would use Taunt to block 3 / 4 of my moves. However, that alone gives me a free chance to fish for a scald burn in which if I do then M-Gyarados will be doing alot less to Suicune. Sure, it can set up more Dragon Dances but that only shortens its life span even more as I can keep getting off small damage with repeated Scalds.

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Gyarados isn't doing anything. TBolt already screws over Gyarados, Heat Wave for troll burns.

003-mega.gif

Mega Venasaur
Ability: Thick Fat
232 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 SpD/ 20 Spe
Nature: Modest
Moves:
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- HP Fire

Calcs:
Without DD:
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 68-81 (18.9 - 22.5%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 114-135 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
With DD:
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 171-202 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 102-121 (28.4 - 33.7%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 206-246 (62.2 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 356-422 (107.5 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If I have to switch into venasaur, they go for the DD or move I will be able to survive then leaf storm if they DD or giga drain if they attacked me.

images

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

-1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 66-78 (19.9 - 23.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Gyarados Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 140-166 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
If I sub, it takes two hits to break the sub, making it more like a 5HKO, but this is my counter, hope you like.

All right guys, let's see how you did!

Keeper of Night with Ferrothorn: Another 2 points, but you're not using that this week, lol.

DdogtheKing with ResTalk Suicune: 2 points, I normally don't like relying on luck but you have so many chances to hit the burn you're basically guaranteed to get it eventually.

Equinox with Zapdos: 1 point. I hate to break it to you, but I just ran the calc, and Zapdos doesn't even KO Gyarados with Thunderbolt, even if it takes 25% from Stealth Rock. Zapdos does 71.4% max. So if Gyarados DDs as you switch in, it will win because its Waterfall will 2HKO you (55% minimum) and it will outspeed. However, Zapdos can still function as a very good check, because it's not exceedingly difficult to tack an extra 5% onto Gyarados, and it also makes a fantastic switch in if you can bait out the Taunt.

hawk45678 with mega venusaur: 2 points. It can take anything Gyarados throws at it, even at +1, and then Giga Drain will heal off most of that damage. Leaf Storm works too if you need the OHKO.

AlexandertheAwesome with Life Orb Gyarados: 1 point. This also won't work as a hard counter because Mega Gyarados can Dragon Dance on the switch-in. After it does so, it breaks your Sub in just 1 hit, so it will 3HKO you if SR is up. You need 2 absolute maximum calcs in order to pull off the win. That being said, it is still a decent check to gyarados because you can drop its attack, and potentially revenge kill it after doing some damage with something else. (and again, this set works better if you can switch into Earthquake or Taunt or something.)

So here's this week's pokemon. Good luck countering this with Ferrothorn, KoN.
[animate]charizard[/animate]
Charizard @Charizardite X (the dragon one)
Trait: Blaze (Tough Claws on mega)
Adamant
144 HP/252 Atk/112 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Punch
~Roost

Assume mega evolution as you switch in.

azumarill.gif

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 246-289 (73.8 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 108-127 (26.7 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 162-191 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Play Rough is just way too strong for Charizard to heal with Roost. Azumarill gets badly beaten, but still pulls it off, even if Charizard uses DD on the switch.

Scratch it, forgot SR. With SR, Charizard can 2HKO after a DD, so the counter is shaky.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 90-107 (23.3 - 27.7%) -- 7.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 135-160 (35 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Heatran can Roar Zard away.

Back