OU: Strategy Counter that Pokemon (Round 30)

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
It's here to stay! Counter that Pokemon!

"Golly, Keeper, what's that?"

I'll tell you, good user! Counter That Pokemon is a way to help improve your teams, disguised as a game! Holy smokes, that sounds like a great time for everyone. Once a week (or more frequently if discussion dies down), I will post a Pokemon set that you, dear user, must do your best to counter. If your Pokemon counters the chosen Pokemon, you will gain two points! The poster of the best counter will receive a two-point bonus! That's four points! Amazing! However, if your Pokemon is just a check, you will receive only a single point. How sad.

"But Keeper, I want four points. :< What is the difference between a check and a counter?"

Glad you asked! ...but I'll get to that in a bit.

Rules:
1. Obey the forum rules at all times. Forum rules supersede these rules whenever applicable.
2. One counter per user.
3. No duplicating counters. (Counters using the same Pokemon are allowed but the sets must be explicitly different and not simply the same Pokemon with a different coverage move(s) slashed on).
4. Counters must be fully posted - this means that EVs, moves, nature, and ability must be included. IVs must be included only if they are relevant to the set, such as with specific Hidden Powers or slow sets. Otherwise all IVs are assumed to be 31. Sprites are highly, highly encouraged. Use this to cheat:
Code:
[img]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/pokemonnamehere.gif[/img]
5. Your sets must be viable in OverUsed play. Sets will be considered based on overall viability, not in a vacuum. This is because the aim of this game is to educate on good counters for good Pokemon that go on good teams, not gimmicks that have no competitive value or an obscure niche.

So you asked what the difference is between a check and a counter. Here you go:
-To be considered a counter, a Pokemon must be able to switch into any of the opponent's moves under normal battle conditions, including taking damage from Stealth Rock, and reliably KO the opponent before the counter is KOed itself.
-To be considered a check, a Pokemon must be able to switch into at least one - but not all - of the opponent's moves under normal battle conditions, including taking damage from Stealth Rock, and reliably KO the opponent before the counter is KOed itself.

Additional things you should know:
-Deal with status conditions as follows: You will wake up after two turns of sleeping and you will hit three out of four times while paralyzed. Obviously, you can still attack while poisoned and burned (but make sure to factor them into your calculations!), and you can't attack while frozen.
-Assume multiple hit moves (Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear, etc) hit three times, barring any modifications like the Skill Link ability.
(thanks Bippa)

"What do normal battle conditions mean?"

For the purposes of this project, normal battle conditions mean:
-Stealth Rock is up on the counter's (your) side of the field.
-Stealth Rock is not up on the featured Pokemon's (opponent's) side of the field.

The weather is handled as follows:
-If no weather is listed, the weather is assumed to be clear skies unless the counter has the ability Sand Stream, Snow Warning, Drizzle, or Drought.
-If the Pokemon to be countered can change the weather when a counter with a weather-changing ability comes in, the weather is situational and should be analyzed as such. For example, if the featured Pokemon is Drought Ninetales with Sunny Day and you list Politoed as your counter, you should evaluate the situation with two possiblities, rain or sun.
-If the Pokemon to be countered has a move such as Thunder, Hurricane, Solarbeam or Blizzard, assume the favorable weather for the move.
(thanks Bippa)

Here is a damage calculator. I would suggest using it in trying to Counter That Pokemon.

Current Round

Round 30
excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Assume weather is Sandstorm.
Round ends 5/2.

Round 1: LO Greninja countered by Sylveon.

Round 2: Mega Manectric countered by Hippowdon.

Round 3: LO Latios countered by Ferrothorn.

Round 4: DD Mega Gyarados countered by Ferrothorn.

Round 5: DD Mega Charizard X countered by Landorus-T.

Round 6: CB Azumarill countered by Venusaur.

Round 7: SubDisable Gengar countered by Conkeldurr.

Round 8: CB Talonflame countered by Rotom-W.

Round 9: LO Bisharp countered by Charizard.

Round 10: Mega Metagross countered by Slowbro.

Round 11: Choice Specs Sylveon countered by Chansey.

Round 12: Offensive Breloom countered by Celebi.

Round 13: LO Terrakion countered by Slowbro.

Round 14: Mega Gardevoir countered by Jirachi.

Round 15: AV Conkeldurr countered by Slowbro.

Round 16: Zapdos countered by Altaria.

Round 17: Choice Scarf Landorus-T countered by Slowbro

Round 18: DD Mega Tyranitar countered by Keldeo.

Round 19: Mega Lopunny countered by Slowbro and Chesnaught.

Round 20: Offensive Volcarona countered by Heatran.

Round 21: Charizard Y countered by Talonflame.

Round 22: CS Keldeo countered by Venusaur.

Round 23: Kyurem-B countered by Scizor.

Round 24: Mega Diancie countered by Jirachi.

Round 25: CM Raikou countered by Excadrill.

Round 26: Mega Gallade countered by Sableye.

Round 27: Starmie countered by Ferrothorn.

Round 28: Mega Altaria countered by Heatran.

Round 29: CB Dragonite countered by Clefable

Chaos Jackal - 32
Equinox - 26
One Approved - 21
Uralya - 18
Cinesra - 18
Professor Palutena - 16
scattered mind - 13
dmaster - 10
Pride - 9
Perfect Shot - 8
AlexanderTheAwesome - 7
King Xerneas - 6
Ddogtheking - 5
PMJ - 4
His Goominess - 4
PhantomHaze - 4
bacon - 3
ELC - 2
TwistedTurtwig - 2
hawk5678 - 2
Momaster12 - 2
alstonesman - 2
CuriousCleffa - 2
MtheW - 1

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 7)

Round 7
The Set:
[animate]gengar[/animate]
Gengar @Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Timid nature
28 HP/148 SpAtk/80 SpDef/252 Spe
~Substitute
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-Wisp
~Disable

The counters:
Chaos Jackal said:
greninja.gif

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 28 HP / 80 SpD Gengar: 330-393 (123.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 28 HP / 80 SpD Gengar: 330-393 (123.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
148 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 80-95 (27.9 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Greninja can OHKO Gengar with both Dark Pulse and Extrasensory. Even if Gengar subs on the switch and disables one move, Greninja can still use the other. Will-o'-Wisp will cause a bit of trouble to Greninja alongside Life Orb recoil, but generally doesn't affect it much.
Assume Greninja uses Dark Pulse first to keep the resistance, otherwise Gengar may opt for Shadow Ball instead of Disable, dealing a lot of damage to the now-Psychic-type and leaving Greninja badly beaten.
As you point out, Greninja would easily be knocked out by Gengar when Psychic type... However, that would never happen to any smart player, no matter how you look at it. 2 points.

His Goominess said:
mandibuzz.gif

Mandibuzz @ Lefties
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 def / 108 sp.d / 16 speed
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

148 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 57-67 (13.4 - 15.8%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0- Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 200-236 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

If Gengar Subs on the switch, then it will outspeed Mandi on the next turn and get Taunted. Burn/Shadow Ball damage can be recovered with Roost. Knock Off is a guaranteed 2HKO and leaves Gengar with no recovery at all. If Gengar decides to be annoying and Disable Mandi's Knock Off, then Mandi can respond by Taunting it and waiting out the Disable with Roost stalling.
If Mandi gets burned, then Knock Off becomes a 3HKO instead of a 2HKO.
While it is still a counter, do remember that after you remove Black Sludge and get burned, the calcs are left at:
0- Atk burned Mandibuzz Knock Off vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 67-81 (25 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Still KOs before Gengar can, though it could potentially stall with Disable shenanigans, and you have Roost either way. 2 points.

Equinox said:
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 144-170 (53.7 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery. Knock Off already OHKOs, even if Knock Off gets Disabled, WOW makes Ice Punch OHKO as well. 128 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 84-100 (23.9 - 28.4%) -- 96.4% chance to 4HKO
Really can't think of a better counter myself (though you forgot SR). 2 points.

DdogTheKing said:
Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 68 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Entei while not seen in OU alot of the time. But this is about countering said mon. Entei makes for a great mon. As it is immuned to Will-o-Wisp has no effect on it cause of its typing. Taunt also does not work due to Entei having all attacking moves. It also will not be taking alot from Shadow Ball cause of the Assault Vest. Entei can easily hit Gengar very hard with 3 moves. Sacred Fire would be the most notable of them all.
1 point. As far as I know, Entei really isn't viable in OU play most of the time, and we aren't trying to counter the Pokemon in a vacuum. But it does counter said Pokemon well.

Really had a hard time deciding on who would get the bonus this round. Greninja doesn't care about burn or Disable, and resists SB, whereas Conkeldurr benefits from burn and also doesn't worry about Disable. Due to Conkeldurr taking even less damage than Greninja from SB, and being able to take advantage of burn, the bonus points will go to Equinox. 'Grats!
I will be going through the previous thread to re-count points and will have them updated soon.

Round 8
Choice Band Talonflame

talonflame.gif

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Me First

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 8)

Landorus - Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off

Defensive Landorus Therian is not something to be taken lightly. With Intimidate is can take hits more better and makes Talonflame hit less as hard. Since I am holding the Rocky Helmet it will be hurting itself alot more with all of its attacks. Landorus also has Knock Off to negate the boosts coming from Choice Band. Or it can be completely finished with Stone Edge.

DdogTheKing said:
Landorus - Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off / U-Turn

Please note that you have to be posting sets that can be used right away so I can judge the set fairly. So no slashing moves.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 84-99 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 84-99 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Talonflame Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 34-40 (11.1 - 13.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

0- SpA Talonflame Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 26-31 (8.5 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 336-396 (113.1 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I can't calculate Me First's extra power added to Hydro Pump or Volt Switch, but it really won't make a difference.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Although the stall teams that feature this variant of Hippowdon aren't all that common, it is oftentimes such a team's best option for taking on physical Pokemon like Talonflame as long as special bases are covered. It is also one of the few walls that can pose an immediate threat to the bird via Rock Slide - it also has the option to tank with the aid of Slack Off while Talonflame succumbs to residual and recoil damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 151-178 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 151-178 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 59-70 (14 - 16.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 85-100 (20.2 - 23.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery (irrelevant because Hippowdon would not EQ it)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 31-37 (7.3 - 8.8%) (no)

0 Atk Hippowdon Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (106.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

SpaceshipHead (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

0 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 292-348 (97.9 - 116.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
(With BB recoil this makes it essentially an OHKO)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 40 Def Heatran: 108-127 (28 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

If you manage to get up rocks while you are in (because you can easily 1v1 this Bird) then great! Now he can't switch back in without taking 50% off.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Thanks to Intimidate, Brave Bird damage is minimized -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 51-61 (14.4 - 17.2%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery while Gyarados OHKOS with Waterfall. Lol does Flare Blitz / Follow Me / U-turn even need a mention? (I guess Follow Me but why would anyone use Bounce against Talonflame?)

Impish Sand Stream
tyranitar.gif
@Leftovers
248 HP/252 DEF/8 SPDEF
Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Crunch/Earthquake

Support Tyranitar set.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 79-93 (19.6 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 79-93 (19.6 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 124-148 (30.7 - 36.7%) -- 65% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

If using Me First (I think I calculated this correctly...Stone Edge with 50% extra power would be 150 attack power and Crunch would be 120 power). Earthquake would never be used against the Talonflame so yeah.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 132-156 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 53-62 (13.1 - 15.3%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 736-868 (246.9 - 291.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (dayum son)

This set is a fairly nice support set, although it really works nice on a team that doesn't mind sand or can take advantage of it with things like Sand Rush Excadrill, for instance. If you are thinking of using that, you can even substitute Smooth Rock over Leftovers to abuse the sand further (it doesn't influence the calculations from Talonflame's attacks that much save for U-turn being a guaranteed 3HKO). But either way, it can switch into Talonflame's main STAB attacks and come out healthy enough and OHKO back with Stone Edge forcing a hard switch or a sacrifice (Stealth Rock is a great utility move in this kind of scenario).

dmaster out.

Round 8
DdogTheKing with Landorus-T. 1 point.
Though you neglected to provide calculations, Brave Bird/Flare Blitz falls at a 3HKO after SR, meaning that you'll only be hit twice before OHKOing it in return. You lose though if Stone Edge misses, and are not left in good shape at all even if it does hit. Lack of recovery even from Leftovers hurts.

Chaos Jackal with Rotom-W. 2 points.
Obviously Talonflame barely scratches the thing, thanks to those resistances. And then any damage done is simply more use for Pain Split later on. You could also simply Volt Switch out, if they were to switch.
Bonus: Winner +2 points.

Uralya with Hippowdon. 2 points.
SR turns those percentages into guarantees, but it doesn't matter, because Rock Slide is a reliable OHKO. Slack Off and Leftovers let him recover any damage done anyway, though maybe not fast enough to avoid losing ~60%.

AlexanderTheAwesome with Heatran. 2 points.
Resists all across the board, save the rare Follow Me. But you will (probably) be OHKOing with Ancient Power anyway, and they won't. If they switch, you have SR.

Equinox with Gyarados. 2 points.
I don't know how our numbers are so far apart. I get:
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 189-223 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
vs yours:
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 51-61 (14.4 - 17.2%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
I doubt mine is correct, but I can't be certain that yours is either. I'm fine with giving the 2 points, but I can't justify the bonus.

Dmaster with Tyranitar. 2 points.
As you pointed out, the only real way to hurt this with Talon is U-Turn, and you have rocks for the inevitable switch.

Bonus went to Chaos Jackal for both the amount of options Rotom-W has after Talon is taken down, and the little damage it takes anyway.

Round 9
bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Round 9 ends 11/24.

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 9)

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Sp. Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Charizard will always outspeed and get the burn in, unless miss. Flare Blitz OHKOs while all Bisharp can hope to do is Sucker Punch. (Will provide calcs when not on mobile) Roost lets Charizard shrug off Sucker Punch and Knock Off.

/me used Max Revive!
Equinox has won 4 points for providing the only counter.

Round 10
metagross.gif

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Assume it mega evolves the turn you switch in.
Round ends in one week. Let's see some counters!

slowbro.gif

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Own Tempo -> Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

I'll give this a try. Anyways, Mega Slowbro not only resists all of Mega-Gross' moves, but it's insanely high defense makes any physical attack almost useless. Just set up a Calm Mind or two and then either unleash Fire Blast or you can Scald it to possibly give a burn. Any damage you do take can easily be restored with Slack Off and with Shell Armor ther's no need to worry about any lucky crits.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 52-62 (13.1 - 15.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 46-54 (11.6 - 13.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 29-34 (7.3 - 8.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 39-46 (9.8 - 11.6%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock

and on the flipside

0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 118-141 (39.2 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Slowbro Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 216-256 (71.7 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 10)

479-w.png

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W resists 2 of M-Metagross's move but also takes minimal damage from the other two. Rotom-W will force a switch but if your opponent decides to stay in, you can WoW and now M-Metagross is useless. You can Pain Split the damage you take to recover from the hits you do take. Since the Damage Calc hasn't updated I tweaked the attack or regular Metagross

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 37-44 (12.1 - 14.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 42-50 (13.8 - 16.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 112-132 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Updated Calcs

Did you factor in Tough Claws?

skarmory.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 60-72 (17.9 - 21.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 68-80 (20.3 - 23.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 90-106 (26.9 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 54-63 (16.1 - 18.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Since Mega Metagross isn't yet available on calculators, I tweaked a vanilla Metagross to have 145 Attack, 150 Defense and Tough Claws. Worst it can do is 4HKO Skarm with rocks up. Skarmory simply phazes Metagross out anytime.

Chaos Jackal said:
Did you factor in Tough Claws?

Yes i did but i forgot i could tweak its total attack and such so I will edit my post.

[animate]hippowdon[/animate]
Trait: Sand Stream
Impish nature
252 HP/144 Def/112 SpDef
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Slack Off
~Whirlwind

Hippowdon might be UU but it's still OU viable. It's a much more defensive Sand Streamer than Tyranitar is. Anyways, Hippowdon completely walls Metagross and threatens it with SE Earthquake. It can also Slack Off to make sure to kepe itself healthy throughout the match, being able to check Metagross again and again.

252 Atk Jolly Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs 252 HP/144 Def Impish Hippowdon: 35.7 - 42.1%
252 Atk Jolly Tough Claws Mega Metagross Ice Punch vs 252 Hp/144 Def Impish Hippowdon: 39.5 - 46.6%

0 Atk Impish Hippowdon Earthquake vs 0 HP/4 Def Jolly Mega Metagross:5 5.8 - 65.7%

King Xerneas has won 4 points for his counter.
Chaos Jackal has won 2 points for his counter.
PhantomHaze has won 2 points for his counter.
One Approved has won 1 point for his counter. Simply because you would be hit three times (enough for a knock out) before you managed to pull off a second move.

Round 11
sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

Time for a special attacker.

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 11)

heatran.gif

Heatran @Leftovers
248 HP/220 SpD/40 Speed
Flash Fire
Calm nature
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 49-58 (12.7 - 15%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 61-72 (15.8 - 18.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 90-107 (23.3 - 27.7%) -- 6.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
flash fire makes a joke of hp fire

0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 87-103 (22.1 - 26.2%) -- 10.8% chance to 4HKO

Heatran can switch in safely, Toxic Sylveon to cripple it for the rest of the battle, set up rocks and roar it out. The only move Heatran may have to worry about it Shadow Ball.

edit note: if Sylveon is Toxic'd, Lava Plume becomes a guaranteed 4HKO

RE: Counter that Pokemon (Round 11)

[animate]chansey[/animate]
Chansey @Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold nature
4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef
~Softboiled
~Heal Bell
~Seismic Toss
~Toxic

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 144-169 (22.4 - 26.3%) -- 12.4% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 170-200 (26.4 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Chansey can just Softboiled any time it gets remotely close to low health, and then it can either Seismic Toss or Toxic to take out Sylveon.

Back