Discussion Could ROS Gliscor See Competitive Play?

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Gliscor – Fighting – 90 HP
Stage 1 – Evolves from Gligar

[C] Rock Slide: 20 damage. This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[F][C] Slash: 40 damage.

Weakness: Water ×2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 1

Ever since I saw Regirock-EX, I've been wondering if the ROS Gliscor could see competitive play as an alternate attacker in Lucario decks or even have a deck of its own. My biggest concern about the playability of the card is that, although it hits two Pokémon, the bench damage is only 20, as appose to the 30 damage that Landorus-EX did.

Regirock-EX only boosts the damage done to the active, it doesn't boost the damage done to the bench, 90 HP is very low, and weak to water isn't good in a format with Seismitoad-EX and Greninja BREAK decks. I doubt it'll be that good.

Ever since I saw Regirock-EX, I've been wondering if the ROS Gliscor could see competitive play as an alternate attacker in Lucario decks or even have a deck of its own. My biggest concern about the playability of the card is that, although it hits two Pokémon, the bench damage is only 20, as appose to the 30 damage that Landorus-EX did.
I think that Gliscor/Bats could be a counter to Night March if it stays Popular.

For a deck of its own:
I think the new white kyurem would be the better option, sure you can not take advantage of all the damage modifiers for fighting and you can not use focus sash, but it is a basic pokemon, it's attack has a base damage of 40 and it has more HP. You could even attach a fighting fury belt to boost it's hp to EX Level.
And white Kyurem also has a finisher attack

I see some potential in combination with scope lens and eevees, but seems more like a fun deck.

I paired the roaring skies gliscor with landorus ex and ancient attribute medicham. It worked out pretty good. If you inflict plenty of chip damage to all of your opponents mons then it makes sweeping for medicham really easy. I say give it a try. It's a fun deck.

Back