Discussion Could M Mewtwo-EX make a comeback?

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I tend to see less and less Garbodor decks online...and a s such I have been playing Mewtwo again with great success. In new format it will lose Shrine of memories however it will gain back damage change attack with shining Celebi. In addition mega turbo is also gone; however this is a format where the majority of Pokemon require 3-4 energy which boosts M-Mewtwo attack. I tend to think Necrozma-gx will be a more serious threat to M-mewtwo.

There could be potential for it to make a comeback, which would be awesome since Mewtwo is my fav pokemon and I previously built a M-Mewtwo deck. I have heard alot ppl are planning to play drampa/garb deck post rotation but meta across the country will look different. Would for sure have to have a non-EX attacker to deal with baby ninetales. Would be inteersted in this might have to look into building a deck post rotation to see how it plays.

With gardevoir GX having higher HP and virtually the same attack power, plus a kickin' ability, what advantages do you think M Mewtwo has to make it worth running instead?

With gardevoir GX having higher HP and virtually the same attack power, plus a kickin' ability, what advantages do you think M Mewtwo has to make it worth running instead?
2 I see are that I already have the cards needed for mewtow as I do not own any Gards atm and that it doesnt have weakness to metal..other than that not much is there lol.

Gardevoir has hp edge and I think setup is relatively equal; however I think a big advantage that Mewtwo has over Gardevoir is the ability to damage change. And played with Garbodor-garbotoxin it can shut down Gardevoirs ability. Although with Shining Celebi Garbotoxin will not be of any use if damage is to be used.

Back