Costco Pokemon TCG Package Contains Exclusive Holos, Including Charizard

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Pretty neat way to get all of the Mini-tins! 10 packs is always a great number, AND you get FOUR galaxy holo promos as a bonus! Good on you, Costco!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Sheesh, I'm sure glad that I stopped collecting master sets after XY, including alternate holofoils and all. If that Charizard stays a Canada exclusive, it'll end up being really hard to come across-Just look at any of the BW promos that ended up being either released extremely limited, such as the Legendary Treasures blister promos or any of the European-exclusive ones such as Plasma Landorus.

Otherwise though, this is a neat repack product, with a decent quantity of goodies for interested parties to get their hands on if they have the chance.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Costco sells cards? I need a membership to get in there.
They pretty frequently have either older boxes for cheapish (like $2-3 a pack) or special for Costco boxes that are basically like this one. I’d say about half the time they have something. Pokémon.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
If this is a Canada exclusive it's odd that they would spell "Favourites" as "Favorites".
Seems like this is coming to the USA as well.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I understand big-box stores selling repackaged product - it happens all the time - but how did they get exclusive promos?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I understand big-box stores selling repackaged product - it happens all the time - but how did they get exclusive promos?
TPCI has gotten directly involved in this promotion.
During the holiday season it is not uncommon to see repackaged product bundles sell for 50% or more off, clearance-level prices. These products are ones that TPCI has had in stock for a few years and has been unable to sell during that time, which leads me to believe that TPCI may be fostering a business relationship with Costco with the intent of using Costco as an outlet for products that TPCI is struggling to sell, which is a mutually beneficial business arrangement because of the popularity of Pokémon.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I agree with the part that TPCi is working with Costco (it says so on the box).

But we don't know if TPCi is "struggling" to sell these products as your post suggests. For all we know Costco approached TPCi and asked THEM to give them exclusive products, as TPCi does with Walfart.

Costco also makes most of their money from memberships, so this might encourage more people to shop there. Costco could have approached Pokemon for that purpose too. We simply don't know.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I agree with the part that TPCi is working with Costco (it says so on the box).

But we don't know if TPCi is "struggling" to sell these products as your post suggests. For all we know Costco approached TPCi and asked THEM to give them exclusive products, as TPCi does with Walfart.

Costco also makes most of their money from memberships, so this might encourage more people to shop there. Costco could have approached Pokémon for that purpose too. We simply don't know.
I didn't mean THESE tins, I meant the Sun and Moon EX/GX boxes that TPCI is still trying to sell on its website several years and a global pandemic later even as most modern Pokémon products sell out months before release, and which Costco sold for $30 for a set of three. And presumably also the XY/Sun and Moon tins from Costco's 2018/2019 Costco holiday promotions which sold for $28 for a set of three. Now THESE products are decently near the original market value, as opposed to being 50% off, not to mention they aren't being sold during the holiday season, so they aren't struggling to sell THESE, but... there's no denying that a partnership with Costco is convenient for disposing of unwanted product (which, surprisingly, was still a thing during COVID-19 if it was an EX or GX box first sold in the year 2017).