'CoroCoro' Teases 'Sun' and 'Moon' News in Next Issue

Up to next month! And then we can see some legendaries... and maybe some new episode titles or playable characters etc for the new game... xD

I was kind of expecting this, I mean I don't think there's ever been any major news until May, however, I can't deny I'm a little bit frustrated by it. The magazine promised news this month and well the only real news is - surprise, surprise - that there's going to be more news.

I guess it shows that, as a community, we get carried away very easily, but it's hard to take when outlets like CoroCoro tease us only to basically laugh in our faces!

Ooh, I think I can see a leg in the Sun thing. And a claw in the moon? Maybe it's just decoration, though.

The funny part is that I expect big things now because of this whole 'keeping fans in the dark' promotional strategy. Surely this announcement of the announcement and keeping legendaries hidden leads to something that will completely blow our minds. There must be a reason why these legendaries are hyped like this while Zekrom, Reshiram, Xerneas and Ylveta were revealed in a standard way.

So let me get this straight, this is an announcement for an announcement, and this announcement was announced last month? What? Next month's announcement will be for an announcement in the following month, too. Whoopee, I can't wait.

Wow, this is probably the most absurd announcement they've ever made in CoroCoro. I mean, I knew it would probably be little to nothing, but giving us blurred out boxarts? They've taken trolling to a whole new level.

At least next month we finally get something though. I'm guessing that'll be the usual big infodump of new characters, new region, new starters, etc.

At least next month we finally get something though.

We said that last month, didn't we?

I don't understand at all what they're trying to do; their release date is december, which means they have less than eight months to show us the starters, legends, story, professors, protagonists, megas, some new pokemon and new mechanics, assuming they're not just doing "XY but now with new pokemon!", which they might; anyway, pushing it back like that doesn't seem to leave enough time for further corocoro reveals, plus one or two that don't reveal much. Either they will reveal a lot, all mostly at the same time in the coming months, or they won't reveal virtually anything, which would be rather stupid, or the game doesn't have anything to reveal, which would be worrying.

We said that last month, didn't we?

I didn't. CoroCoro never promised us new news, just that they would begin coverage. Because of that, I wasn't expecting anything big. And lo and behold, they gave us next to nothing. Next month though, they promised us a big scoop. That actually promises new news.

I don't understand at all what they're trying to do; their release date is december, which means they have less than eight months to show us the starters, legends, story, professors, protagonists, megas, some new pokemon and new mechanics, assuming they're not just doing "XY but now with new pokemon!", which they might; anyway, pushing it back like that doesn't seem to leave enough time for further corocoro reveals, plus one or two that don't reveal much. Either they will reveal a lot, all mostly at the same time in the coming months, or they won't reveal virtually anything, which would be rather stupid, or the game doesn't have anything to reveal, which would be worrying.

8 months is actually a long time for a Pokemon news cycle. Usually it's around 6 months, and there's almost always a news drought after the announcement. They're perfectly capable of showing us all of that from May to November, this is nothing new.

Maybe, but in this case, if I recall correctly, they promised they would reveal something big in this issue... hence the disappointment and anger...
If this forum wasn't PG-13, my comment to this news would be very different...

No. They said they'd start covering Sun and Moon starting this issue, not "big news" and that they, technically, did.

Now they have promised a "huge scoop", though I'd like to know what the Japanese wording is.

Seriously? That's it? No starters or legendaries or anything?

Yep, and next issue, the only thing they are going to show is telling there's a new region, new pokemon, new trainers, bla, bla, without showing anything.

Now watch, next month, they reveal the box art, but the legendaries are still silhouetted; they just tell you their types.

And to add insult to injury, they show silhouettes of the starters and don't reveal them for another 2 months. :p

What if they don't show anything? That too is possible.

So let me get this straight, this is an announcement for an announcement, and this announcement was announced last month? What? Next month's announcement will be for an announcement in the following month, too. Whoopee, I can't wait.

An announcement for an announcement to announce an announcement that will make another announcement announcing to the people to keep a eye on the end of December 2016, where they will announce the games as being nothing more than Pokémon Z in disguise with minor updates and will be released Summer 2017! Please be excited!

Wow, this is probably the most absurd announcement they've ever made in CoroCoro. I mean, I knew it would probably be little to nothing, but giving us blurred out boxarts? They've taken trolling to a whole new level.

At least next month we finally get something though. I'm guessing that'll be the usual big infodump of new characters, new region, new starters, etc.

Nah, the only thing we are getting is likely new information we already heard dozens of times through text and no images, but is considered new information for Japan exclusively as they haven't heard it yet. As cherry on the cake, they will show us a trailer that will be the original announcement trailer, now in exclusively Latin language. /s

why even bother teasing half flashed box art. i am quite sure everyone knew the box would have 3ds written on it aswell as sun would be reddish box and moon would be dark blueish bos. seriously?

Oh, my! Only 12-13days left to next CoroCoro... (10-11(?) days to the first leak?) My excitement has been reignited.

Hopefully this time we'll get a truckload of news. What do you think?

I also hope that we get a truckload of news, but likely we'll just get some silhouettes, if the last "leak" was any sign. @_@

The teaser will probably start with a bunch of silhouettes from Sun and Moon, but I do hope we get a lot of news to satisfy and hold us over until the next CoroCoro issue.

...Hopefully. :p

Back