'CoroCoro' Reveals Volcanion

It is a shame that hackers got to this guy way before he was supposed to be legitimately announced. Let's hope that it doesn't happen again in future gens.

Honestly, other than this already being spoiled ages ago, I think the main reason people are throwing such a hissy fit is because we were expecting the "big news" to be the next Pokemon game.

Raise of hands. Who really got their hopes up that the next game was going to be announced this month? I know I did.

Oh yeah, Volcanion's pretty cool too. At least we got its official artwork.

Am I the only one who doesn't see that much of a problem either ways? Everyone could've expected this, people were already expecting 7th gen when it was totally unlikely to happen anyway (we always had at least a couple of game-releases for every gen since the first, why anticipating now? It wouldn't make any sense). These "big news" would've been Volcanion-related or Zygarde-related or new (random) game related in any case, but it's actually quite soon for Z too, and it makes much more sense for a 2016 announcement (both new year as done in the past and 20th anniversary). Of course is kind of cheap spoiler to see hacked unrevealed 'mons years before, and I'm hoping too for a way to prevent this in the future, but it doesn't feel that bad to me... Zygarde formes were recently announced and were completely new to audience for example, so it isn't like we hadn't anything new at all since OR/AS.

We just say this: They tried to surprised us- they failed. We can't pretend to be surprised, or to be happy that this is the big news they were talking about. This is a classic example of how Pokemon ignores a big part of their fans (the young adults and adult fans).
Well I would have been surprised! ... had it not been spoilt. Yes I'm happy it was spoilt, as are many, but it just leads to disappointments like this one and I think oh well, it's official announcement was always going to come? As did Arceus' and Genesect's. And we all knew about them before their reveal too.

I just feel bad for Pokemon and how its fans are reacting.

Well I would have been surprised! ... had it not been spoilt. Yes I'm happy it was spoilt, as are many, but it just leads to disappointments like this one and I think oh well, it's official announcement was always going to come? As did Arceus' and Genesect's. And we all knew about them before their reveal too.

I just feel bad for Pokemon and how its fans are reacting.

I feel bad for the fans. Pokemon doesn't get hurt by this by any means so there is nothing to feel bad about them. The fans are losing here because Pokemon doesn't care enough to hide their secrets properly so their fans could actually be surprised. If they can't, I expect them to at least not ignore the obvious fact that we already know about Volcanion and just go and say "big news next month". They could simply tell us about Volcanion without holding us for a month with that tease.

I didn't like the design at all when I saw the leaked sprites. But now that I see official art and in-game footage, I love him! The ring on his back is still funky, but other than that he's a really cool-looking beasty. I love the shape of his head.

Raise of hands. Who really got their hopes up that the next game was going to be announced this month? I know I did.

It seems like most people get their hopes up a lot whenever CoroCoro teases a "big" announcement or similar, and then are disappointed when the news isn't nearly as big as they were hoping, so then they get their hopes up again for the next announcement, etc. It's a vicious cycle.

For the record, I'm pretty sure that 'funky ring' everyone's talking about is actually two appendages that separate to spray water or steam or whatever out of holes on the ends. I don't think I saw it in gameplay footage, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm a bit surprised there was anticipation for a Z announcement here. First of all, it's been so, so long that there's just really no point expecting it; it'll be announced when it's announced, and they're obviously taking their time. Second, I'd be shocked if they announced Pokemon Z before February 27th, when the RBY ports are released. I can't imagine hyping up a new game when you're trying to make money off your old one that hasn't even been re-released yet is a good strategy. I could see Z being announced in late spring and coming out in the fall. That would be a window of unprecedented shortness, sure, but while I can't imagine the reveal coming before March I also can't imagine a 2017 release. That would pass the two-year mark, which I believe is also unprecedented.

I didn't saw this coming! A brand new Pokémon, so awesome!!! :D

I didn't like the design at all when I saw the leaked sprites. But now that I see official art and in-game footage, I love him! The ring on his back is still funky, but other than that he's a really cool-looking beasty. I love the shape of his head.
Too bad we're stuck with that design in the games! >_>

Too bad we're stuck with that design in the games! >_>
I mean the tiny, pixelated leaked sprites that were an inch tall looked bad. They looked awful because you couldn't really see the pokemon or how it moves. The in-game stuff includes animations and closeups, so it's a whole lot better than a small static sprite. Volcanion looks a lot better than a leaked sprite could show.

I mean the tiny, pixelated leaked sprites that were an inch tall looked bad. They looked awful because you couldn't really see the pokemon or how it moves. The in-game stuff includes animations and closeups, so it's a whole lot better than a small static sprite. Volcanion looks a lot better than a leaked sprite could show.
He's still off-colour.

Yes! Garchomp is one of my favorite pokemon of all time! He will be awesome along with the adorable braxien, mewtwo is already in smash bros so ofc dark mewtwo might have similar moves to him. 2016 is gonna be a big year for pokemon! Might be pokemon z for the super bowel or just the 20th anniversary the hype and poossiblities for our imagination is real.

No roster diversity here at all. I expected a bird, snake, something like Aegislash, more thing like suicune - anything but all we got is more humanoid/bipedal Pokemon. These reveals are really killing any hype I had for this game.

Back