Pokemon 'CoroCoro' Reveals New Pokemon for Next Year's Film

I believe this is new pokemon , the 7th generation !!! :rolleyes: Well , Ken sugimori said that gen 7 will " revert back to simplicity, in part by using elements found in Pokémon Red and Green. Pokémon designs could probably be simplified " This pokemon design look so much simple like in Red/Green (like ditto) . This is exactly like Ken Sugimori interview . So we can confirm this is 7th generation pokemon .

Honestly , I think the design is too simple and it look horrible . I can't accept the design at all . :mad:

P.S. wow they start to promote 7th generation . This make me believe Pokemon Z,X2 , Y2 will release in early 2016 and 7th gen will release at the end of 2017 .:D

We can't confirm its 7th gen, and honestly they cant really have Zygarde be 7th gen if he's 6th gen. Not unless its a new form, like Unown? and Unown!.

I think this movie will likely be Zygarde, no Volcanion in sight. Then the following one will have Volcanion and a 7th gen pokemon or two. But, it's way too soon to see any 7th gen pokemon. If they had any with finalized designs yet, i doubt they'd be fleshed out enough to show in a movie. The closest we may get to 7th gen this soon is maybe a few pics of the pokemon showing like the first XY trailer, or even what XD did and have a few 7th gen pokemon be in the game.

We can't confirm its 7th gen, and honestly they cant really have Zygarde be 7th gen if he's 6th gen. Not unless its a new form, like Unown? and Unown!.

I think this movie will likely be Zygarde, no Volcanion in sight. Then the following one will have Volcanion and a 7th gen pokemon or two. But, it's way too soon to see any 7th gen pokemon. If they had any with finalized designs yet, i doubt they'd be fleshed out enough to show in a movie. The closest we may get to 7th gen this soon is maybe a few pics of the pokemon showing like the first XY trailer, or even what XD did and have a few 7th gen pokemon be in the game.

It's not really "too soon" for a Generation 7 Pokemon to appear in 2016 and what implies Volcanion isn't in the movie? They haven't announced it officially and they may want to keep it a "secret" until January or February.

Well, it kinda is too soon for Gen 7 since Gen 6 is still right in the middle. Especially with only, what, 2 movies right now? Plus, the anime isnt even near Olympia's gym battle yet. On top of that, the ORAS hype isnt over yet. It's still somewhat new. It'd be like BW coming out immediately after HGSS released. It'd be like "We just got these games, but now a new one is out to replace them already? What?"

The reason I feel it's not a Volcanion movie is due to Volcanion's appearance. All the cute legendaries in moves are protagonists, whereas all the not so cute ones are antagonists. I doubt theyd have both a crazy huge Zygarde AND a raging Volcanion in one movie. Plus, after that, they wouldnt have much else to do for a movie besides 7th gen hype.

I find it hard to believe that it's a gen 7 Pokemon. Volcanion still needs to be announced and there seems to be a bit of a step back recently in generational foreshadowing. Gen 6 barely existed until a year before, and gen 5 only had Zoroark in a previous movie.

This new design looks like Shuppet, but I think it's going to be related to either Zoroark or Volcanion.

@Chocolate Death : 1. what you said about a monster made of tiny other ones, reminds of Armageddemon from a Digimon movie...

2. What you say about Zygarde and Volcanion... the same thing happened with Rayquaza and Deoxys... there was no cute mythical on that one... same for the darkrai and the arceus movies... the latter one specially, is focused on 4 giant pokémon, so why can't this movie feature both Volcanion and Zygarde?

@Metalizard then you tell me which of the two, Volcanion or Zygarde, looks like it can be a protagonist. The one that creates hot boiling water and looks extremely mean, or the one that's got no face and looks like some space demon?

Wait, now that I think about it, I feel like the blobs might be the protagonist with Zygarde being an antagonist, then protagonist.

I wonder if the big pokemon is a new legendary from 7 gen or it's a fusion or maybe it's a pokemon with no gen just a pokemon like that like the pokemon 000

That looks awesomely awkward, imo. But, if it turns out much larger than before, I guess we can all agree that GameFreak is turned on by super sized alternate legendary forms now.

Found a pretty good fan's rendition of the shadowed Pokémon that's supposedly Zygarde's true forme:

zygarde_new_form___by_tomycase-d91scrn.png

I think its pretty accurate, atleast on the basic shape shown of the said Pokémon's shadowed form. And yeah, I'm in the camp that is convinced that the "New" Pokémon is Zygarde's upgraded self.

That fan art is gorgeous, I'd be very happy if Zygarde's secret power whatever we're going to call it form or mega or something looked like that

Hahahaha I love how people are all like " eerrrmagawwd a mysterious blob that doesn't look like any pokemon we know , Gen 7 confirmed for sure!!! " lol Gen 7 is not Confirmed to be next by a long shot.
They are not going to cut gen 6 off right in the middle when the anime is nowhere near finished , there has only been 2 movies and the fact that they still need the sequel to games.

Found a pretty good fan's rendition of the shadowed Pokémon that's supposedly Zygarde's true forme:

zygarde_new_form___by_tomycase-d91scrn.png

I think its pretty accurate, atleast on the basic shape shown of the said Pokémon's shadowed form. And yeah, I'm in the camp that is convinced that the "New" Pokémon is Zygarde's upgraded self.

This is EXACTLY what I was picturing as well. One feature particularly that bugged me was how you can see the wing's outline in the shadow, and it looked like it was covering another set of them or even the hands.

Back