News 'CoroCoro' Leaks Reveal Alolan Grimer!

It's so silly and dumb I love it. Those buck teeth and slime beard makes it look so goofy! I think I might use this instead of Alolan Rattata.

With that we have 3 evolution line getting dark type.. Its like kanto deck now have dark type.. and those sandshrew and vulpix are the first primary ice for kanto region.. now maybe there would be new pokemon with a alolan metal typing other than sandshrew line (Exeggutor n Marowak compensate for type that has only 3 pokemon in kanto region)

Without sounding overly negative, I'm really not a fan of this one -- and I've loved 90% of the Pokémon revealed so far.

While it may have been a more boring direction to take, I would've preferred the fan ideas of a "purified" Grimer line -- be it Ground-, Fire-, or Water-type. Then again, it's not so much the typing I don't like (Poison/Dark is actually very welcomed), it's the bizarre design. The teeth (or are they part of its eyes?) and the yellow around the mouth (drool? lips?) -- I just don't get it.

That's not to say, of course, that it won't make more sense once the full information is revealed on the official website -- those descriptions add a lot of flavor and explain quite a bit. I'd be lying if I said they haven't helped some Pokémon I found questionable at first to win me over.

Really.

Hillbilly grimer.

it's the bizarre design. The teeth (or are they part of its eyes?) and the yellow around the mouth (drool? lips?) -- I just don't get it.

It's a scraggly beard. "buck teeth with gaps" + "scraggly beard" make it a hillbilly.

Rattata references old-timey villains; raticate, fat mob bosses (or at the very least, Don Corleone), and meowth, snidely whiplash. All dark alolan pokemon reference an archetype that way (and you could add surfer dude raichu if you want).

Really.

Hillbilly grimer.

It's a scraggly beard. "buck teeth with gaps" + "scraggly beard" make it a hillbilly.
Bizarre, but I can kind of see it. The typing still throws me off, though -- at least Rattata/Raticate's Dark typing reflects their design choices.

But hey, thanks for explaining. Makes slightly more sense now.

Alolan Grimer looks interesting. It sort of looks like nuclear waste.

On another note, Serebii seems to have received information from the source who posted this Corocoro page that suggest that Type:Null has an evolution called Shiruvadi that has the ability called AR System that allows it to change its type depending on the item it is holding, much like Arceus' ability, Multitype, and that Jangmo-o's full evolution line is revealed with it being like this:

Jangmo-o > Jarango > Jararanga

It's evolutions will also be our first ever Dragon/Fighting types, which is an OK typing as it has 7 resistances but it has 5 weaknesses, 1 of which is a 4x weakness (Fairy).

But until images are revealed, we'll have to take this with a grain of salt.

Also, because of numerous preview events in London and San Francisco, there are a couple new images that are interesting. The Pokemon Center is interesting because of the Cafe part to it that seems to be related to WiFi features and the Poke Finder image is interesting because it says Version 1. This means you can upgrade it.

Otherwise, nothing else at the moment.

Edit: Also, according to Serebii, one of the previews mentions that Tackle's base power has been reduced from 50 to 40.

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 21
  • jangmo-o.jpg
    jangmo-o.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Jangmo-o > Jarango > Jararanga

It's evolutions will also be our first ever Dragon/Fighting types, which is an OK typing as it has 7 resistances but is has 5 weaknesses, 1 of which is a 4x weakness (Fairy).
That 4x weakness to Fairy is nasty, but if the evolution chain mantains Jangmo-o's ability (Soundproof), it will be immune to Pixilate Hyper Voice, and that is good.

Not digging Alolan Grimer's design; it's already extremely forgettable to me.

I was predicting Jangmo-o was going to get something close to 2 evolutions. I have a feeling Jangmo-o's final evolution will be the first (of a few) psuedo-legends.

Seriously, did we really need this? This is a shiny grimer with Dark-type added to it (btw, can they stop spamming Dark-type on Alola forms?). That's it! What a waste of data space...

Seriously, did we really need this? This is a shiny grimer with Dark-type added to it (btw, can they stop spamming Dark-type on Alola forms?). That's it! What a waste of data space...
What do you mean waste of space? It's not like if alolan Grimer/Muk weren't in the game something would replace them, there's probably even extra space on the game cartridge to fit an extra Alolan Pokemon WITH Grimer/Muk in the game

I did get excited by this headline hoping it was the "purified" Ground-type Grimer... I'm not a fan of this direction, but I'll have to read the description to see what they're going for. Maybe it's referencing a real-world aspect of pollution. Maybe the yellow strip is supposed to be some chemical in particular.

Also that Pokemon Center looks nice! Dang!

I guess they ran out of ideas when coming up with names, now they are just slapping "Alolan" in front of already existing Pokemon. Next will be Alolan Pikachu probably.

Bizarre, but I can kind of see it. The typing still throws me off, though -- at least Rattata/Raticate's Dark typing reflects their design choices.

But hey, thanks for explaining. Makes slightly more sense now.

If I had to hazard a guess, hillbillies are seen in pop culture in this particular way where they're... inapprehensible, for us civilized people, even if not evil per se; their ways are strange, and what is strange is often bad.
Brings to mind the three bayou hillbillies from Princess and the Frog, for example.

We'll see if I'm right in that when we get the english site's data, although I have no idea what they could do to hillbilly-ize grimer.

We'll see if I'm right in that when we get the english site's data, although I have no idea what they could do to hillbilly-ize grimer.

It drank badly made moonshine?

Not really seeing the "hillbilly", to me the "beard" just looks to much like drool. And it freaks me out.

Yeah really, relally, not a fan of Alolan Grimer and it's not because I wanted "Pure" Grimer, I thought "Pure" Grimer was a very bad idea as well. Really there would have been no way to make an Alolan Grimer palatable to me. So many other Pokemon that would be more interesting as Alolan forms.

Edit: Also, according to Serebii, one of the previews mentions that Tackle's base power has been reduced from 50 to 40.

That brings it down to the same level as Scratch and Pound, the other "Starter" moves that've been used from Gens III to VI. It's a very minor nerf, practically invisible, but it's a nice touch all the same.

I guess they ran out of ideas when coming up with names, now they are just slapping "Alolan" in front of already existing Pokemon. Next will be Alolan Pikachu probably.

Welcome to Pokémon Sun + Moon, Alolan forms have been old news for almost two months now.

Alolan Grimer looks like a muppet. That's all I can say about it. Typing is decent I guess.

Back