Finished Convicted - (Murder/Mystery Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
vytCxx3.png

Banner courtesy of the talented BigfootAUS!

Overview

Have you ever played the board game Clue? Ever watched a murder-mystery film? Someone has died, yet the culprit is a mystery. You’re confined to a limited area with a murderer amongst the crowd. Every chapter, someone dies. It could be you. How are you going to stop this figure, let alone figure out his identity? In Convicted, not only will you race to figure out who the real killer is before you die, but you also have to be hesitant enough to make the right choice.

The main character is a Pokemon Detective by the well-renowned name of Croagunk. He serves as the primary character and is, safe to say, not the killer. The chapters will take place in his point of view as the story unfolds.

Now that the intro is out of the way, I just wanted to say that this is my first time hosting a game. I’m a moderator in the Creative Works forum, so there will be a balance between participation in the game and the writing itself. This game does not necessarily tag you as a particular character; instead, you merely create one yourself and sometimes give me a strip of dialogue in being that character. More information on this is regarded down below. I can’t wait to get this game started!

Character Customization

There are 14 different roles, and 13 of them (all but Croagunk’s) are open for your own customization. Each of the thirteen roles is merely a job description that you will take to relate a character to one person, the mayor. You must insert a Pokemon you think fits that role well and then give depth to that character. In the spoiler tag at the bottom of this post will be an example as well as the application itself. Pretty much anything goes as long as it fits the rules and isn’t completely inappropriate.

However, there is a catch (or a few, really): you can only submit one character in for a role unless more spots are left over after a few days. Your character’s background must include some sort of relation to the mayor (whom you would simply refer to as “the mayor” in your description). This requirement is so every character can have a motive to kill the first victim which is, you guessed it, the host of the party (I will explain the context down below). I will PM the person who created the murderer and explain what is going on and what he should do. Character applications will simply be posted in this thread.

Background and Characters

The story will take place in the mayor’s mansion, and he has invited all of the more respectable Pokemon in town to a party of sorts. This house is in Bafu Town of some region uninhabited by man. The mayor has also invited Croagunk, the town detective, due to his service in catching criminals. Croagunk is skeptical from the start with all of these powerful individuals in the building, but he is ready to examine the evidence once the mayor is found dead. The following list of occupations is for you to choose a Pokemon that fits it well:

Gameplay

Once all roles are assigned and descriptions are made by you, we can begin.The first chapter will introduce everyone and lead to the Mayor’s death. Small clues will be given here and there to bring out the real killer, but the direct conflicts going on are back and forth accusations.

At the end of each chapter, someone new will die. However, another person will be framed or accused of the murder after discovering the new body. The member who created that character will get to form an alibi and then cast the blame on a new Pokemon, which will shift the focus for the next chapter to an entirely different angle. This member will do this through PMing me so that the exchange of information is private. Your goal is to keep your character’s nose clean and still alive so you can watch in the sidelines for the real culprit.

As the game rolls out, you always have the option to PM me who you think the murderer is. Because we have a very limited amount of characters available, you can only have one guess. You must also give some evidence that the murderer was this person (you can’t just make a lucky guess). If you are right, then the chapter will conclude with you being the hero and helping Croagunk capture the villain. However, if you are wrong, your character is guaranteed to die in the following chapter. This means you will not know if you are right or wrong until I continue the story one last chapter, in which case I will either wrap up or continue on with the writing. Because the PMing process is private, no one will know if your character died because of a wrong guess or if just by chance.

You are both encouraged and discouraged to vote because even the slightest doubt can cost you the game. The killer is not going to be obvious, though, so you need to wait a few chapters before guessing. Once your character is dead, feel free to PM me and ask who the murderer was. However, you cannot disclose the information with the active players! Guessing is completely different from accusing! If you are going to guess, then you need to specifically ask if _____ is the murderer.

The murderer will carry on just like all of the other characters and create (fake) alibis and still cast the blame on individuals with reasonable motives. The only reason the murderer will know who he is would be to prevent him from guessing wrong and killing himself.

General Rules
  • A character background or post-chapter accusation must meet the qualifications required or I will be allowed to deny the entry and write one myself.
  • Your character descriptions must relate to the mayor in some way, shape, or form.
  • Any character applications need to be posted in this thread!
  • You must PM me back your reply (in the context of your character) within three** days so I can continue the game. Eventually, I will allow these discussions to go public. You're all too easily manipulated by evidence right now.
  • You are not allowed to disclose what information you know for sure in the thread (how would you win?) and you cannot give away your guess if you were to lose. What you can do in the thread is talk about the Pokemon that died and speculate about what could have happened. You can, however react in the place of your own character and give me some ideas on what to do with it! That would be interesting for sure :D
  • If you lost and know the answer, you cannot give hints or tell anyone. Your character is dead, and so you have no ability to speak anymore. Your creation might be mentioned in future chapters, but he is ultimately finished.
  • Be careful with how much information you give! You want to win this game and catch the bad guy, but helping your friends will cause you to lose the glory.
  • Be creative! These backgrounds can be borderline ridiculous / funny as long as they meet the qualifications and are appropriate enough to write about.

**Three is the beginning number. Because this game has never been attempted before, it might change.

Roles:
Mayor: Victini (bbninjas)
Mayor’s Wife: Gligar
Sneasel...? (Celever)
Lawyer: Blissey (GM DracLord)
Doctor: Gardevoir (King Xerneas)

Professor: Slowpoke (rev3rsor)
Cook: Smeargle (Keeper)
Detective: Croagunk (Default)
Detective’s Partner: Toxicroak (Drohn)
News Reporter: Natu (PMJ)
Thief (snuck in): Purrloin (Omega Soul)
Regular couple (f): Togekiss (Machamp the Champion)
Regular couple (m): Nidoking (Machamp the Champion)
Maid: Cinccino (Twisted Turtwig)
Gardener: Roselia (Reinforce)

**The regular couple is split into two roles, but one person is going to represent both characters

Remember that your backgrounds must tie into the mayor (such as the lawyer meeting him in law school or the cook working for him for over twenty years). You may create a motive for your character, but if you choose not to, I will myself. Backgrounds and in-chapter accusations must meet the qualifications or I would be allowed to deny the entry and write one myself.

Copy this code to create your application:

Code:
[b]Occupation[/b]:
Pokemon:
Background:

Pokemon: Igglybuff
Background: Igglybuff and the mayor went to law school back in the '80s. The two of them competed for the head of the class, though Igglybuff was always second. In the mayor's election just a year ago, the mayor triumphed over Igglybuff through a slight margin, only receiving 52% of the votes. To this day, Igglybuff has been cast in the mayor's shadow and will do anything to finally shine.

As you can see, I created a Pokemon based on an occupation and gave it a background linking it to the mayor (if I didn't mention the mayor, why would I be invited to the party?). I will try and include every detail of a background provided it is appropriate and easy-to-write about.

(Your character, Mudkip, was just framed for killing Igglybuff. You, the creator, must provide a few sentences of dialogue or description).

Mudkip: No way! I was with Dunsparce in the kitchen making some brownies! I can go and get him if you want--and a brownie, too. However, I did see Haunter sneak into the bathroom where Igglybuff was at right before. Tell me, is my life in danger?

Something simple like that is all you have to give.

Applications will be due by November 14th! If there are spots remaining, then I will leave a day open for those who have already created a character to make another. After that day, I will make the rest myself and continue the story within a week from today. Your applications will go in this thread because that information can be viewed by anyone. The first chapter will most likely be posted on Monday, November 17th.

If you have questions or ideas, feel free to either post here or PM me. I'm looking forward to starting this game!

Deaths:
1. Mayor Victini
2. Cinccino
3. Gardevoir
4. Sneasel
5. Blissey
6. CONVICTED: SLOWPOKE

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon: Victini
Background:
Mayor Victini has had the luck for many years. Winning elections, competitions, and exams, and that particularly interesting game of Lotto, one would wonder when this Pokémon's luck will run out.

That is until poor Mayor Victini was tragically murdered during an expensive party he hosted (hosted using the Lotto winnings, no less). Some say this was destined as Victini was very selfishness and did not share its powers.

Pokemon: Smeargle
Background:
Smeargle was a young graduate of PCITT (Pokemon Culinary Institute of Treasure Town), graduating with honors. After his move, the mayor decided to hire him as a personal chef. Smeargle was of course delighted! The pay was good, he was even allowed to stay in the mansion himself! But after a while, the mayor suddenly cut his pay. In half! "Bad taxes" he said. Ah well... Smeargle couldn't complain. The pay was still alright, he still had a roof over his head, and he was still doing what he loved for a living. And he wasn't alone, the rest of the town was going through tough times as well.
But Smeargle wasn't a total dummy. He noticed the mayor throwing even more parties than usual. Buying more drinks. More cake. Indulging himself. "Bad taxes" wouldn't explain this. Smeargle began to suspect where the town's money had been going... But he had no proof!
When his pay was reduced a third time, Smeargle turned bitter. He was no longer allowed to stay in the mansion either, instead finding a cheap apartment in town; all he could afford with his low pay. But his job only got busier. More party snacks, more elaborate dinners, extended hours... It was enough to drive one to murder.

Pokemon: Roselia
Background: A petite yet beautiful gardener who takes care of the mayor's mansion's famous flower garden. While it might be tough and tiring for a single Pokemon to maintain such a huge garden, Roselia does it all without complaint, with an ever-constant smile on her face... and even if the mayor is known to accidentally destroy parts of the garden when he has a fit.

She loves flowers, especially the roses that is her namesake. Known by all to be gentle and kind, with her calming Grasswhistle song for the tense and Aromatherapy and Sweet Scent for fragrance soothing, she always has a helping flower-hand to offer to those who need it.

There are rumors, however - hushed whispers of a sad past behind her smile. It is said that her former home was where the mansion stands at the exact moment, and it was razed and crushed when the mayor wanted his mansion built there. She was driven out of it, along with many others. The garden is all that remains of the former occupance.

But on the off-chance that the rumor is true, is that enough cause for her to hate the mayor enough to kill him? After all, she gets to have a stable job surrounded by the flowers she loves. And she appears to be happy with it, if judging just by her smiling demeanour. But perhaps that smile is supposed to be as mysterious as her past before she came to work at the mansion garden, which she has never divulged to anyone.

They do say that roses have thorns. And in this case, our rose also has Poison. Her committing a crafty murder may be surprising... but not an impossibility.

Okay this turned out longer than I thought

I'm not a fic writer at all, nope >_>

Pokemon: Slowpoke
Background:
Slowpoke was the last person (Pokemon?) any of his peers expected to have a career. Struck early on with severe learning deficiencies, he was always picked on, singled out. Upon leaving high school, he strove to prove them wrong: he would no longer be looked down upon academically. He would become educated, knowledgeable, respectable. And so he attended classes six days and six nights a week, spending every free moment with his head stuck in a textbook. And so, after a somewhat shamefully long time, he finally obtained his degree. But alas! even the mayor, upon hearing of his situation, showed no respect for him much to his chagrin. And so when the mayor announced his party, inviting almost the entire town, he would be there, to prove himself once and for all. He would set things straight, look good in front of the entire crowd. Cue accolades.

But when things didn't go to plan, when he was humiliated once again, he wasn't going to live it down so easily. Who knows what he'll do to have his way? Surely not... murder?

Pokemon: Purrloin
Description:

A quiet, jewel - loving, and stealthy purrloin who stooped to the life of crime at the hands of whom was once her friend. Her childhood friend was none other than mayor victini. Due to his luck, victini was always better at everything than her, and got all the attention. Purrloin wouldn't have minded, but one day victini joined up with who he considered 'cool' and left purrloin alone.

Victini had been her only friend, and after a while it drove her insane. She got expelled from all schooling for extreme emotional outbursts. During her adult life, these traumas made her left with only one choice: the life of crime. Now she comes to the manor seeking revenge on the mayor - but will she give him a second chance?

Pokemon: Ditto
Background: Everyone had heard of Ditto, the legendary thief. He could assume the form of any Pokemon, slip in undetected, and make off with all sorts of valuables. Whenever it looked like he would finally be captured, he would simply assume the form of an officer and walk out the front door. While he looked like a picture-perfect copy on the outside, Ditto had a bit of trouble assuming the copied Pokemon's voice, and it always took him a few tries to get it right.

Ditto was always trying to sneak into high-profile events like this one. In fact, it was because of the threat of Ditto that the mayor invited Croagunk in the first place...

Oh come on. :[

Perhaps you could change it to the detective's partner? I've got to admit that was a great idea, though.

These are all really interesting so far! I can't wait to start this up.

When I first saw the thread, I was worried that someone had beaten me to making a mystery game, but this game is very different from my own. Phew! :p

Pokemon: Cinccino
Background:

Cinccino grew up, surprisingly, in a well-to-do family from the better side of Bafu Town. She excelled in her studies, and it seemed that she could have a promising career in whichever field she saw fit to enter. However, she shocked her family members and friends when she announced that she didn't plan on pursuing a degree - instead she insisted on becoming a maid! You see, Cinccino has been a complete neat freak for all her life, to some's appreciation, but to most's annoyance! Everywhere she goes, she finds herself straightening up this and dusting that in an attempt to keep everything tidy, just the way she likes it. To Cinccino, her decision was completely natural!

She found employment with the mayor of the town, one of the few Pokemon there rich enough to be able to hire personal staff. It is a rather comfortable job; she gets along well with the cook and gardener, but she can't say that she is too fond of the mayor himself. He always talks to her in a cold manner and insists that she wear a maid's outfit that no Pokemon has likely worn for two centuries now. Still, she can't complain. She has a secure position, and her job allows her direct access to the juiciest gossip in town whenever a party is held by her boss. Cinccino, being the busybody that she is, makes sure that no bit of information escapes her ears whenever these bashes are thrown. No one has been able to forget the time that she spilled the beans about the engagement of the town's most well-known couple!

But could something that she'd seen or heard possibly cause her to take drastic action against.... the mayor himself?

Pokemon: Lawyer
Description:

Everyone expected that she is destined to be a Doctor like the rest of her family. She was attending Diantha International University taking Audino Healing 101 when she met a boy that changed her life during a party. She still can't remember what happen but it was enough to convince her to follow her own path. She drop of from the university and decided to share the happy moment with her family. Unfortunately, due to her decision, she was disgrace by all her family member immediately.

Heartbroken, she ran away and even to the verge that she want to jump over the bridge. Merely seconds before she planned to take her own life, she was drag away by Victini who was just heading back from a party. Blissey burst into tears and immediately hug Victini. Victini consult Blissey for the whole night and convince her to go own with her dream which is becoming a lawyer. There were an item for the first few month but later broke up. Blissey repay Victini by being his personal law adviser when he was going to be elected to Mayor. She met the boy that changed her life when she was working in the mayor's office.

It was like they were forever destined to be together. It is only 1 month before their wedding that suddenly her fiance was assign by the mayor to do some work outside of town. At first the fiance was reluctant to go but Blissey convince him to go for her sake. Just days past and news flew by that Blissey's fiance was killed in a hit and run just on the way back to town. That day, Blissey got a letter that suggest, her fiance had been doing some dirty work for the Mayor and was silenced by instruction of the Mayor.

A month later, all the news report that Mayor Victini was killed but cause of death was never revealed.

Rumor had been around saying that Blissey might be the one that is guilty for the assassination of the Mayor. It was suggested that she use her basic medicine skill to poison the Mayor by mixing a few ingredient in his evening tea for quite a while. One question that linger around her coworker is did she blamed Victini for her fiance death enough to make her a murderer.

PMJ said:
Pokemon: Ditto
Background: Everyone had heard of Ditto, the legendary thief. He could assume the form of any Pokemon, slip in undetected, and make off with all sorts of valuables. Whenever it looked like he would finally be captured, he would simply assume the form of an officer and walk out the front door. While he looked like a picture-perfect copy on the outside, Ditto had a bit of trouble assuming the copied Pokemon's voice, and it always took him a few tries to get it right.

Ditto was always trying to sneak into high-profile events like this one. In fact, it was because of the threat of Ditto that the mayor invited Croagunk in the first place...

I had a feeling I would either get ninja'd or ninja someone. I was honestly surprised that thief wasn't taken when I found this.

Pokemon: Natu
Background: A brilliant young Pokemon with a knack for knowing what's going on in Bafu Town, there isn't a single Pokemon that doesn't tune into Natu News every night to listen to what's hip and happening in the area. It was only natural for Natu to be invited to such an important event; this way, even those not fortunate enough to attend the event would be able to learn the details of the event. The way Natu told her stories, it was almost like you were actually there...

Pokemon: Gardevoir
Background: Even though she was at the top of her class in PokéMed School, Gardevoir preferred non-traditional herbal medicines. For many years she ran a small clinic on the outskirts of town. It had grown a reputation for being able to cure any ailment. The mayor would always visit to pick up whatever new herbal remedy Gardevoir had concocted. The mayor was a firm believer that her work created miracles, a grand supporter to her more non-traditional ways. Yet, the town had suspicions of Gardevoir's work, some even accusing her of witchcraft. It's even rumored she would feed the mayor love potions so she could one day inherit his money and buy the rare ingredients needed to create one of the fabled Mega Stones.

Pokemon: Sneasel
Background: Sneasel grew up an orphan. In fact, Sneasel wasn't even always a Sneasel. She used to be a Gligar, but she was driven to a life of crime and pure evil by her traumatic childhood, dispersing darkness throughout her heart and eventually laying her under this curse of evil and this body of a thief!

All good criminals are intelligent, though, and Sneasel is certainly intelligent. Why would she kill the mayor, her glamorous, RICH husband? No one ever liked her, but she didn't care. She had a nice simple plan, and she made this fact clear to everyone. However, when mayor Victini took out several life insurance policies for those around him that he loved, the other inhabitants of the mansion grew suspicious of her. They started keeping both the mayor and Sneasel herself under strict surveillance, but the black out at the time of death made the whole surveillance thing useless. Now all of the facts add up and it seems only sensible to assume that she is in fact the perpetrator, however with Sneasel still avidly denying her involvement in the killing, one question remains: "Did she do it?"

Sneasel grew up an orphan. In fact, Sneasel wasn't even always a Sneasel. She used to be a Gligar, but she was driven to a life of crime and pure evil by her traumatic childhood, dispersing darkness throughout her heart and eventually laying her under this curse of evil and this body of a thief!
844.jpg

Definitely one of the more creative entries, Celever!

There are only about three spots left, and I may let others fill in the rest if no one else signs up soon. I can't wait to get this started :D

Pokemon: Togekiss (f), Nidoking (m)
Background: Ever since the 5th grade, Togekiss has always loved Nidoking, even though Nidoking was dating Nidoqueen at the time. She thought he was the one for her; nothing could get between the love she had for him. Nidoking had always thought of Togekiss as a friend, even if she was a little too clingy and affectionate towards him. After a few years passed, Nidoking and Nidoqueen were still dating. Togekiss was tired of waiting, so she started dating that Victini guy, partly to make Nidoking jealous and partly because he was kind of cute. Victini wasn't the perfect guy she knew Nidoking was, but he was nice, I guess. That is, until Victini dumped her, and starts picking on her and calling her a loser. Then, he even starts hitting on Nidequeen! Ugh! The nerve of that guy. Nidoqueen eventually dumped Nidoking for the much richer and better-looking Victini, leaving Nidoking heartbroken. He loved Nidoqueen so much. He thought they could get married someday. But nope. That jerkwad Victini had to go and steal her away from him.

Both heartbroken as 2 people could be, Togekiss confessed her love to Nidoking, and ever since, they've been happily in love, eventually getting married and buying a nice house in Bafu Town. Everything was wonderful! ... Well, not everything. Nidoking still secretly desires his soul mate, Nidoqueen, and Togekiss has been suspicious of this for quite some time. And recently, that jerk Victini has been elected mayor. How could such a pampas swindler of love be the mayor of their town? Victini, the guy who stole Nidoqueen right out from under Nidoking. Victini, the guy who dumped Togekiss and made her life a one of misery and depression. Victini, the guy increasing taxes to unreasonable heights while in office. Just goes to show how cruel and unfair this world is. This world would just be better off without him...

---------------------------

I realize this background is incredibly bland and stupid, but it's all I can write on such a short basis.

Hey, that is that bland at all!? It is like a little story.
I have to say to everyone that I love how you guys take into account of Victini's selfishness!! I believe Turtwig and I quite like that.

bbninjas said:
Hey, that is that bland at all!? It is like a little story.
I have to say to everyone that I love how you guys take into account of Victini's selfishness!! I believe Turtwig and I quite like that.

Well, I'm glad you liked it! To me, it just feels like "omgzzz togekiss lovs nidoking they were ment to be <3<3<3" but to each their own, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back