TCG Fakes Contest Spectacular Fake Cards (Update 1: Contest Ribbon, Milotic EX, Lisia and more)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
This is my attempt at a themed expansion based around the Contest Spectacular and its surrounding Pokemon and trainers ^^

I really liked the idea behind Team Plasma decks/ the new Magma/Aqua decks, and used to love the old cards which specifically belonged to a gym leader, so I was inspired to create my own deck mechanic which is based around Contest Pokemon! Contest cards are going to be a special type of pokemon card similar to Plasma cards, operating on the same search and evolution rules (plasma pokemon may evolve from regular pokemon for instance- and both trainer and pokemon cards can both be plasma cards). I wanted to create my own fun playstyle with its own support which centered around these pokemon but wasn't too rigid and completely void of the chance of using other cards along with it. Hopefully you guys will like what I am making! So far I have made roughly 20 cards which I will try to write up and add as soon as possible, starting with a few pokemon and the support cards :)

[Contest Item] Cherish Ball

images

Search your deck for a Contest Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Contest Tool] Contest Ribbon

Aqua_ribbon.png

The Contest Pokemon this card is attached to has no Retreat Cost.

[Basic] Contest Milotic EX- HP170-
TCGWater

milotic.gif

SF-Ability
Crowd Pleaser
When you attach a Contest Ribbon to this Pokémon, you may put a Basic Pokémon from your opponent's discard pile onto his or her Bench..

TCGWater
TCGWhite
Rainbow Finale 20x
This attack does 20 damage for each different type of Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness:
TCGGrass

Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
TCGWhite

[Basic] Roselia- HP50-
TCGGrass

roselia.gif

TCGGrass
TCGWhite
Thorn Swipe 20

Weakness:
TCGFire

Resistance:
TCGWater

Retreat Cost:
TCGWhite

[Stage 1] Contest Roserade- HP110-
TCGGrass

roserade.gif

SF-Ability
Winner's Bouquet
When this Pokemon is healed, search your deck for a
TCGGrass
energy and attach it to this Pokemon.

TCGGrass
TCGGrass
TCGWhite
Moonblast 90
If this Pokemon has a Contest Ribbon attached, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 30.

Weakness:
TCGFire

Resistance:
TCGWater

Retreat Cost:
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

[Contest Supporter] Contest Registration Lady

Search your deck for a Contest Ribbon and Contest Stadium, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Contest Item] Berry Blender

Discard 2 cards from your hand. (If you can't discard 2 cards, you can't play this card.) Search your deck for an Item card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Basic] Contest Audino EX- HP120-
TCGWhite

audino.gif

TCGWhite
TCGWhite
Helping Hand 10
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your benched Contest Pokémon and attack again with your new Active Pokémon. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may attack again after you opponent chooses a new active Pokémon,) (You can't use more than 1 Helping Hand attack each turn.) (This attack can't be copied.)

Weakness:
TCGRock

Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

[Contest Stadium] Shimmering Contest Hall

When a player knocks out a Pokemon with damage from a Contest Pokemon's attack, that player may search their deck for a basic Contest Pokemon and put it into their hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Contest Stadium] Intense Contest Hall

When a player knocks out a Pokemon with damage from a Contest Pokemon's attack, that player may discard a random card from their opponent's hand.

[Contest Supporter] Lisia

Lisia_ORAS.png

Search your deck for a special energy and attach it to one of your Contest Pokemon.

[Contest Supporter] Wallace

Wallace_sprite.png

Switch one of your Benched Pokemon with your Active Pokémon. Your Pokémon do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance) this turn.

[Contest Supporter] Cheering Crowds

Draw a number of cards equal to the number of your benched Contest Pokemon.

[Contest Supporter] Curator

Put a Contest card from your discard pile into your hand.

[Contest Special Energy] Tag Energy

fcdc26c0d1f793b588ce9afe3713c0ae-d50w4gu.png

This card can only be attached to Contest Pokemon. This card provides
TCGWhite
energy only while attached to Contest Pokemon.
When the Contest Pokemon this card is attached to knocks out an opposing Pokemon with damage from an attack, you may switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Contest Pokemon, discard this card)

That's it for my current update! Hopefully I have shown most a few playstyles already without adding many actual Contest Pokemon (I have more but I need to add them!). Contest Pokemon rely on Contest Ribbon to give their attacks and abilities powerful additional effects, whilst also enjoying many powerful supporting trainer cards. Things like Contest Audino can also boost the damage of Contest Pokemon a lot, adding an additional 30 if used with Muscle Band and 50 if used with Wallace (providing 10 for both Audino and the 2nd active pokemon's attacks), while the stadium options give additional momentum when prizes are taken. I have a few more cards I will update with later before I run out of my current list. Please tell me what you think ^^

Contest Milotic should read (ref Target Whistle):
"When you attach a Contest Ribbon to this Pokémon, you may put a Basic Pokémon from your opponent's discard pile onto his or her Bench."

Contest Milotic's attack should not feature an 'X' in the attack description, and should have the '(both yours and your opponent's)' clause; should look like this (ref Fairy Garden):
"This attack does 20 damage for each different type of Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's)."

Roserade should say 'When' instead of 'Whenever' (ref Aqua Recovery Bidoof).

Audino-EX should say on the attack (ref O Barrage Torchic, Gardevoir NXD, loose older references, no particular):
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your benched Contest Pokémon and attack again with your new Active Pokémon. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may attack again after you opponent chooses a new active Pokémon,) (You can't use more than 1 Helping Hand attack each turn.) (This attack can't be copied.)

The last clause is so you don't move through a M-Gengar-EX Phantom Gate cycle.

Wallace should say (ref Muscle Band):
Switch one of your Benched Pokemon with your Active Pokémon. Your Pokémon do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance) this turn.

Curator should say (ref Diggersby XY)
Put a Contest card from your discard pile into your hand.

I think that the Cherish Ball may be OP, and the Contest Application Form, Cheering Crowd and Shimmering Contest Hall are definitely OP. In PTCG, searching Items should never get more than 1 of another card (some exceptions such as Magma and Aqua Ball). Three cards (including a Supporter) for an Item is definitely OP, drawing an extra (up to) 5 cards for your hand is extremely rare; 3 is the max ATM (see Tierno), and searching for any card (except for when being KO'd) is definitely OP.

Also remember to accent the 'e' in 'Pokémon'.

'Knock[ed] Out', 'Active Pokémon', 'Defending Pokémon', 'Weakness', 'Resistance' 'Benched Pokémon' 'Special Energy', 'Energy' and all special conditions are to be capitalised (like so).

Awesome to see another Text Faker! Keep at it! Just a note: on your next cards, try researching/looking up a few more cards for reference, to make the cards even more believable! I often use the official Pokemon database search tool, but others use different resources. This is also a great text resource.

Thanks for the changes- I wasnt paying any attention to formatting when I wrote it up but it reads better now. I made a few changes:
-Cherish Ball now only searches for 1 Contest Pokemon
-Shimmering Contest Hall now searches for 1 basic Contest Pokemon
-Contest Application Form is now a Supporter, Contest Registration Lady- and she searches out a contest ribbon and a contest stadium. (i figured 2 searches for a supporter is fine, based on korrina)

Originally Contest Application Form was a supporter, but I changed it into an item card because I couldnt think of a name-but I left it way too strong still ^^. I changed it back into a supporter and toned it back even more so its now an option to replace skyla in contest decks.

I ended up leaving Cheering Crowds as it was. I feel this card is fine based on the current cards it the format- looking at Cheren it is already a very substandard card with little to 0 play because draw 3 doesnt help anyone achieve much of anything. Cheering Crowds gives the opportunity to draw 2 more cards than Cheren, at the cost of you having to have filled your bench for this to apply. That means that it is a more situational card which will grant you very poor results at the start of the match, and then good results in the middle. Its similar in that way to Colress, compared to something like Prof Sycamore, that also gives the opportunity to draw 3 cards more than Sycamore based on benches, with the additional bonus that you can shuffle your cards back in rather than discard them- but is near useless at the start of the match. Cheering Crowds is less bad if you only have 1 or 2 benched contest pokemon, but it also doesn't give as high a payoff (although it is better for trying to use rare candy). I felt this made Cheering Crowds fine considering it also has to be Contest Pokemon which will limit your deck options if you want to use this card (no mr. mime, no jirachi EX, no garbodor, etc etc etc)

The changes are good.

I see how the Cheering Crowds is fine; it should work.

You probably should go over a few of you cards; there's just a few typos (noticeably Audino-EX and Milotic-EX). Also, remember to italicise anything in brackets, like in Audino-EX's attack.

I like the concepts you're bringing to the table, but I can't help but to wonder why Audino-EX is so weak... Now I get Audino isn't usually a strong Pokemon, but it should get a bigger boost in it's EX form. It's up to you how you want to change it

Its really weak because it boosts the attack of another pokemon, since its allowing you to attack twice, while also doubly abusing attack modifiers. For instance imagine if I have a fighting type contest pokemon that does 50 damage with its attack. Add on a fighting stadium, strong energy, silver bangle, use the supporter Wallace, and then start the assault with a muscle band boosted Helping Hand from Audino, and that pokemon just dealt 50 + 30 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 30 damage, for 170 damage. It quickly racks up! Not to mention there is further support for contest Pokemon waiting to be used. But it basically acts as a + 10-30 damage boost to any of your contest Pokemon, which can be boosted further to + 50 with Wallace (or even scarier, boosted by double thanks to Iris- this could be +100 additional damage) . Silver Bangle on the active and contest pokemon have access to +80 additional damage if they wish, which is far past even the damage boost of 4 benched plasma deoxys- for instance that Contest Roserade can use this engine to hit for 170hp with an attack which can be powered up in a single turn.
If you are on your last prize card, use Iris, Muscle Band on Audino, Silver Bangle on a Contest Pokemon that hits for 10dmg, and you are dealing 40 + 30 + 100 for 170hp. Dont underestimate double attack :p

Some more cards! The Flygon line.

[Basic] Trapinch- HP60-
TCGRock

trapinch.gif

TCGWhite
Arena Trap 10
Your opponent can't play any Stadium cards during his or her next turn.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:
TCGWhite

[Stage 1] Vibrava- HP80-
TCGDragon

vibrava.gif

TCGWhite
Sand Call
Search your deck for a Pokemon called Flygon, reveal it, then put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

TCGRock
TCGWhite
TCGWhite
Tremor 60
This attack does 20 damage to one of your Benched Pokemon and one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness:
TCGFairy

Resistance:
Retreat:
TCGWhite

[Stage 2] Contest Flygon- HP140-
TCGDragon

flygon.gif

SF-Ability
Sand Booster
If this Pokemon has a Contest Ribbon attached and any damage is done to this Pokemon by attacks, this Pokemon's attacks cost
TCGWhite
less during your next turn.

TCGGrass
TCGRock
TCGWhite
Sandstorm Showstopper 90
If the Defending Pokemon has 130hp or less, it is Knocked Out.

Weakness:
TCGFairy

Resistance:
Retreat:
TCGWhite

Back