Pokemon Connections to Pokemon Trainers or Pokemon

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
Pokemon is a very large franchise. And I mean very large! But to me, Pokemon isn't a franchise. It's a world that takes me away and rids me of pain and the sadness of the outside world. But with that comes a connection between you and another Pokemon trainer (or Pokemon).

For me, (Lugia here), it's Silver.
200px-Silver_HGSS_Adventures_2.png

I don't know why, but I feel that I share my feelings with him through my thoughts, and I feel he listens. I actually feel his support to me, that he supports anything that other people oppose. Even when people called me weird and said that I have problems for admitting my close bond with him, Silver cheers me up! I cried when bad things happened to him in the Pokemon Adventures manga, like one hour ago when I read volume 25... (Don't judge me for this... it actually hurts)

Do you have any close bonds with any Pokemon trainer or Pokemon and feel that they listen to you?

Time to start some conversation (hopefully) :p
Honestly, I find Wally as a great representation; at the very least someone who I'm fond of. I think of myself as a 'weaker' person in the sense of not being a popular person in my grade, nor strong in a physical sense. I get the impression he is an emotional character, like myself, and he pulls through, like what I [try to] do. He also received great new artwork in ORAS, and has a team made of a two of my favourite Pokemon - Roselia/Roserade and Gallade (Gardevoir's awesome too). I wouldn't say he's the best representation of me out of all game/film/literature characters, but he's certainly a notable representation.

222px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png

I never felt much connected to the player characters. While I appreciate their silent "nature", the fact that they're always trainers doesn't suit me... not anymore. I guess a large number of older players were all Red, the first trainer, threading their first steps but as we grew along, Red was mostly left as a memory, just like Pallet Town and our journey's beggining. Also, being kids doesn't really help me connecting with them. I liked Wally, because he's green haired, was a timid and frail boy who overcame those things and had a Roselia. Right now, he also a memory since I despise his new looks.

In the end, while it doesn't represents me, I feel somehow linked to N, his goal for Truth and Ideals, and his connection to Pokémon. Him being the (puppet) leader of Plasma, a team whose goals I can understand and share, also helped. Perhaps I wish for him to truly be the King of Isshu! :D

But with a happy face and smile.
495px-Anthea_and_Concordia_Adventures.png

Huh, this is a rather interesting thread. A shame it's so dead. I'll just have to use a Max Revive.

I find that Hau is pretty similar to myself in a number of ways. The main reasoning is because of his generally laid-back and relaxed nature. When my friend played through Sun, she noticed the similarities between myself and Hau, and mentioned it to me.

He's the type who just... Lets things flow. I'd like to be a strong person some day, but I'm not gonna let that turn me into a jerk. And there's always time to stop for a snack.

This thread is interesting for me because I... don't really think I have anyone in the games I relate to on a large scale. I think I'm too much of a messy multi-layered specimen for Pokemon to truly encompass in its rather one-dimensional character building.

However, the one character that springs to mind for me has to be Candice, strangely enough. She's been my avatar on Pokemon Showdown! for as long as I can remember, because I think I've always loved her spirit. I can relate to her on a physical level since irl I feel cold very poorly, but the thing which I think makes me empathise with her the most is that both her and I tend to wear our hearts on our sleeves and be forthcoming with our thoughts, all the while possessing strong (potentially overbearing) spirit.

But then again, IDK how much of this is me imprinting a character onto Candice more than anything else. I feel like that's a large amount of how GameFreak writes its characters; I don't think two people play through Pokemon and get exactly the same interpretations and thoughts surrounding each character in the game.

I know people get tired of me talking about it but for me, Pidgeot is my connection to the Pokemon world. Sure Vaporeon is my favorite Pokemon but Pidgeot has always been one of those Pokemon for me that makes the game better. For me, it isn't about winning or trying to be the best there ever was, it's about the adventure you share with your Pokemon. Pidgeot-EX was the card that revived my interest in the card game and I've been having a lot of fun with it, making a lot of friends along the way, who I might add hate Mirror Move and Max Potion.

I love fighter jets. They are fast and powerful when they think about how they are built. The feeling of that speed makes you feel like you can do anything and the freedom to go anywhere you want. Pidgeot can fly at mach two, which is faster that what most fighter jets can fly. Just that ability to be anywhere you want in the world in just a few hours is something I envy. Pidgeot isn't the strongest Pokemon around but the speed it has makes it something special. It's hard to say why Pidgeot is loved. It isn't like Staraptor or Talonflame, who want to hit something hard with Brave Bird (though other birds do it too), Pidgeot feels completely unique, doing its own thing and after all this time, it still remains loved by people. Pidgeot was the one to get a mega, not any of the other bird starters and it's the one who gets shown in the movies. TPC still has love for this Pokemon despite showing it. This is a Pokemon they don't overuse.

It isn't about Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, or Lucario for me. The reason I play Pokemon is for my Pidgeot and Vaporeon and if I can't, I don't play. As much as I hated to do it, I quit playing Pokken Tournament because these two weren't in the game. When I can use these Pokemon, I feel much better. I look forward to using my Pidgeot deck and using it on my VGC teams, despite people saying otherwise. People still ask me why I don't use a "better" Pokemon and for me it isn't about using a better Pokemon, its about enjoying the Pokemon I love, win or lose.

I know I don't talk much about Vaporeon but that's because I don't worry about it much. The Eeveelutions are a very popular group of Pokemon and everyone has their favorite but I feel Pidgeot is one of those Pokemon people just like for no real reason. How many people still like Staraptor or Talonflame after the nerf and when was the last time Swellow, Noctowl or Unfezant were relevant? Toucannon is a worst Staraptor but Pidgeot is just a Pokemon that is always loved, no matter what comes after it.

For me, Pidgeot is love but I've yet to meet a bird that can do any wrong. They are just perfect in every way.

Back