Scoop

Literally a sheep
I tweeted out "Imagine giving Conkeldurr a V, but Bellossom hasn't even had a card since Ancient Origins." myself. Like, does anyone actually like Conkeldurr?
I don't get whenever people make arguments like this- Generally with more popular Pokemon but we're also seeing some parts of it here. Conkeldurr getting printed as a V has no bearing on whether or not Bellossom (or any Pokemon, for that matter) get an Ultra Rare or just any card. And besides, given this is a Pokemon Go set, Conkeldurr with the moves Counter and Dynamic Punch (which is the moveset almost any of the best fighting types in Go use) actually has relevance within the game. Considering the set's theme, it absolutely makes sense as an inclusion.

...And I like Conkeldurr. Quite a lot, actually. It's one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. lol

However, I do agree it's a bit absurd Bellossom hasn't been printed in 7 years almost and it absolutely would be nice to see it get the Ultra Rare treatment. That goes for any Pokemon who hasn't been printed in a while.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Arguably Conkeldurr isn't even the best Fighting-type in Go. It had the best DPS of non-Shadow and non-Mega Fighting-types, but only nominally compared Lucario and Machamp. Lucario's Steel-typing and better moveset makes it preferable in a lot of scenarios (e.g. trainer/Rocket fights). Shadow Machamp also beats it outright.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Arguably Conkeldurr isn't even the best Fighting-type in Go. It had the best DPS of non-Shadow and non-Mega Fighting-types, but only nominally compared Lucario and Machamp. Lucario's Steel-typing and better moveset makes it preferable in a lot of scenarios (e.g. trainer/Rocket fights). Shadow Machamp also beats it outright.
Yeah, no, absolutely. It's up there, but like you said, it's been outclassed a couple times now. I've got not much of a use for Conkeldurr just because I've got an army of Shadow Machamp for any situation where I need Fighting types. I think they probably picked this one though just because Machamp just got a V/VMAX in the previous set, and Lucario rather recently got a VSTAR as well. So might as well just fill out the spot with the one who didn't get a V yet.

Though like I said- I do like the use of Counter and Dynamic Punch in the card's attacks regardless. That's a neat detail for sure in reference to the game's moves.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
I tweeted out "Imagine giving Conkeldurr a V, but Bellossom hasn't even had a card since Ancient Origins." myself. Like, does anyone actually like Conkeldurr?
Conkeldurr is one of my favorite Pokemon I've been waiting for him to get an ultra rare printing in forever OwO