JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Conkeldurr V was revealed from the upcoming set Pokemon GO, which releases in Japan on June 17th and internationally on July 1st.
Conkeldurr V – Fighting – HP230
Basic Pokemon
[F] Counter: 20+ damage. If this Pokemon was damaged by an attack during your opponent’s last turn, this attack does that much more damage.
[F][C][C] Dynamic Punch: 90+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 90 more damage and your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Continue reading...

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I suppose it's because Conkeldurr is the best fighting Pokemon in Go and in Go you need Fighting Pokemon.

Btw can anyone who knows Japanese confirm whether Professor's Research (Willow) is likely to be in the Go set? Specifically, does it make alphabetical sense to be between Spark and Blanche? There's a space for a trainer as a FA but no space for a main set card.

Also in English, there cannot be 8 FAs same as the Japanese set because Mewtwo V FA has already been pulled out, so that should suggest there's 1 trainer FA yet to be revealed (78/78).

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I suppose it's because Conkeldurr is the best fighting Pokemon in Go and in Go you need Fighting Pokemon.

Btw can anyone who knows Japanese confirm whether Professor's Research (Willow) is likely to be in the Go set? Specifically, does it make alphabetical sense to be between Spark and Blanche? There's a space for a trainer as a FA but no space for a main set card.

Also in English, there cannot be 8 FAs same as the Japanese set because Mewtwo V FA has already been pulled out, so that should suggest there's 1 trainer FA yet to be revealed (78/78).
There should be room between PokéStop (68) and Spark (70) in English, no? That said, I think we've yet to see at least 2 Trainer cards. (66) and (69) in the Japanese set.
Edit to add: any Research that would be added would have to be a promo card in Japan or a reprint of the existing Willow since the space for Supporter cards in the Japanese set is already surrounded by Item cards and Stadium cards, with no space for another Supporter card.

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I tweeted out "Imagine giving Conkeldurr a V, but Bellossom hasn't even had a card since Ancient Origins." myself. Like, does anyone actually like Conkeldurr?
That in itself would suggest that the Pokémon Company told their Japanese counterparts that they would refuse to release any more Oddish, Gloom and Vileplume cards in English until they have done a Bellossom card.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
There should be room between PokéStop (68) and Spark (70) in English, no? That said, I think we've yet to see at least 2 Trainer cards. (66) and (69) in the Japanese set.
Edit to add: any Research that would be added would have to be a promo card in Japan or a reprint of the existing Willow since the space for Supporter cards in the Japanese set is already surrounded by Item cards and Stadium cards, with no space for another Supporter card.

Someone pointed out that Candela, Spark and Blanche are already sandwhiched in between the last item and the only stadium, so there are no spaces for anymore supporters, however, if you check the FA numbering for them in Japanese, there is a spot in between Spark and Blanche. So, who would fill that slot if there isn't a space in the main set?

It would also make sense because there are 8 spaces in between the last set card (71) and Candela (80), which we know will definitely fit in 6 of the Vs as per usual, and possibly 2 alternate arts since Mewtwo leaked, even though it should be a CHR/CSR set.

Then English has 8 spaces in between Spark at 70 and 78. Since Mewtwo V FA has been pulled out, there should only be 7 left. So it makes sense that there is a random Supporter FA card there, most likely Willow if the alphabet makes sense in Japanese.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
People that are commenting on this being a bad card should realise that the cards with this quality tends to get a Vmax (Vstar in these days)

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Someone pointed out that Candela, Spark and Blanche are already sandwhiched in between the last item and the only stadium, so there are no spaces for anymore supporters, however, if you check the FA numbering for them in Japanese, there is a spot in between Spark and Blanche. So, who would fill that slot if there isn't a space in the main set?

It would also make sense because there are 8 spaces in between the last set card (71) and Candela (80), which we know will definitely fit in 6 of the Vs as per usual, and possibly 2 alternate arts since Mewtwo leaked, even though it should be a CHR/CSR set.

Then English has 8 spaces in between Spark at 70 and 78. Since Mewtwo V FA has been pulled out, there should only be 7 left. So it makes sense that there is a random Supporter FA card there, most likely Willow if the alphabet makes sense in Japanese.
I think you missed the second part of my reply to you, which was:

Any Research that would be added would have to be a promo card in Japan or a reprint of the existing Willow since the space for Supporter cards in the Japanese set is already surrounded by Item cards and Stadium cards, with no space for another Supporter card.

It's entirely possible we get a full art Willow in GO. I wouldn't be surprised if they reprint his existing artwork to fill in his base rarity for the set, but like I said before, if there's some sort of promo for him in Japan with new artwork, I could see that being the go to (for the base rarity).

The FAs are as follows right now:

80 - Candela (キャンデラ)
81 - Spark (スパーク)
82 - Professor's Research? (博士の研究 or, roughly, ハカセ の 研究)
83 - Blanche (ブランシェ)

Assuming I've written the first part of Professor's Research correctly (or correctly enough) in Katakana and assuming Excel's sorting feature isn't completely broken for Japanese text, Professor's Research could slot right in at 82.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
People that are commenting on this being a bad card should realise that the cards with this quality tends to get a Vmax (Vstar in these days)
I don't know that I see them giving it a VMAX or VSTAR since this small set already has Melmetal VMAX, Dragonite VSTAR, and Mewtwo VSTAR.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I quite like Conkedurr line with the exception of the middle one with that tumor brain head it have, I dont even know his name but Conkeldurr is one of my favourites from gen 5