Ruling Confusion, Paralyzed and Sleep

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
I am given to understand that a Pokemon can only be affected by one of these conditions at a time and that each time a different special condition (of the 3, since Poison and Burn conditions are indicated by a marker) is imposed the Pokemon is turned to the appropriate orientation.
So in the case of a Confused Pokemon, who is then put to Sleep: If that pokemon hits heads on a subsequent sleep flip, it wakes up and in neither Asleep or Confused. . . correct?
Let's say my Pokemon is Confused, if I put it to sleep with say Hypno's Ability, it is now Asleep and no longer Confused, if I wake it up with say All Night Party it will not be Confused when it wakes up.
In cases where I impose a special condition like Paralyze or Confusion I may not want to risk playing Hypnotoxic Laser, which might put their Pokemon to Sleep, giving them a chance, at the end of my turn, of their Pokemon 'waking up' with a coin flip and essentially being cured of Paralyze or Confusion?
I just kind of see Sleep as being the least potent special condition, since there is a 50/50 chance it will not disrupt their turn at all, so putting a Pokemon to Sleep is sometimes not desirable since it might cancel out a more potent effect. Is this correct or altogether too confusing to follow?

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
I follow, and it's pretty much like you described and pretty straightforward.

So in the case of a Confused Pokemon, who is then put to Sleep: If that pokemon hits heads on a subsequent sleep flip, it wakes up and in neither Asleep or Confused. . . correct?
Let's say my Pokemon is Confused, if I put it to sleep with say Hypno's Ability, it is now Asleep and no longer Confused, if I wake it up with say All Night Party it will not be Confused when it wakes up.

Correct on both.

A Pokemon can only be affected by one of the three Special Conditions of Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed at a time. If a Pokemon is affected by one of those Special Conditions and becomes affected by another, the first one is gone. If a Pokemon is Asleep but then Paralyzed, it doesn't go back to being Asleep after the turn of being Paralyzed passes - the Pokemon would no longer be affected by any Special Conditions once it's no longer Paralyzed.

There definitely are situations where putting a Pokemon to sleep would be less desirable since it's recoverable on a coin flip.