ORAS Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - OR / AS Edition! [Games Out!]

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
[smod]Drohn[/smod]: In this thread you can only post confirmed/obvious fake rumors. If a rumor is unconfirmed and possibly real they need to be posted in their own thread! If you would like to discuss a fake rumor, because you think it has interesting discussion points, you can also create a new thread for it. Make sure to include it's fake in the thread! This post will be updated by Kitana Coldfire to include a catalog for confirmed fake rumors. [Please leave this note here when you update your thread]

Welcome to The Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog -- OR/AS Edition!
(Now with 150% more Tana TL;DR!)

The What Catalog?
During the last few weeks before X and Y were released, people began getting extremely confused as to which rumors had been confirmed, were still unconfirmed, or debunked entirely. To help alleviate that confusion, I created the original Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog, to help people keep track of what was what. However! since then the forum layout has changed, and thus this time around I'll only be cataloging the fake information that pops up. If you find a rumor that seems really plausible and would like to discuss it, it should be posted in its own thread (See Drohn's note at the top!)

Okay... But what's the purpose of all this?
The point of this thread is to help people keep track of what is fake, in the hopes that we can avoid the same picture/screenshot/rumor being posted over and over again, when the item in question was debunked long ago (I'm looking at you, deviantArt final Froakie evo). Specifically, I'm collecting as much plausible fake Art, Scans, and Screenshots as I can find, and condensing them all into one easy-to-check reference thread (the key word there being 'plausible'.)

Well that all makes sense. How can I contribute?
Excellent question, my hypothetical friend! Below I have broken down what should and should not be posted in this thread in detail. Keep in mind some of this might change as we go along, but in general I'm going to try and stick to the format of the original fake rumors catalog. For now, however, this is what you should keep in mind before posting:

[IMPORTANT!] What Should and Should NOT Be Posted in This Thread (Now with Examples!) [IMPORTANT!]

You SHOULD Post:
- Fake CoroCoro Scans: Every generation, it seems the fake CoroCoro scans get more and more authentic-looking, to the point that it can get hard for people to keep track of which ones are fake sometimes. These tend to come out more frequently when CoroCoro is due to leak, and can be debunked easily once the issue comes out officially on the 15th of the month.
tumblr_nadvpme4YV1sxtscfo1_1280.png
- Fake 'Official' Art: Since these are remakes of an existing region, outright fake art has been fairly rare. In general, this refers to things like fake posters and new NPC art. [However, fake mega evos are pretty prevalent this generation, which I'll get to shortly]
gdTr2U9.jpg
- Fake Screenshots: Exactly what it sounds like. This includes in-battle screenshots, overworld screenshots, title screen screenshots, you get the idea. Until review copies go out (which likely won't be until late October-ish, roughly estimated) assume any non-official screenshot you find is totally bogus.
actual_pokemon_oras_diving_mock_up_by_zenionith-d7lopsm.png
- *Deceptive* Fakemon: Fakemon, fake evolutions, fake official art, and now fakemegas are mainstays of Pokemon, regardless of if new games are coming out. However, people will often try to pass these off as legitimate new pokemon/mega evolutions (sometimes without the original artist's knowledge). Sometimes, they can be extremely convincing, while other times they are laughably obvious. The general rule of thumb is, if you see someone asking 'is this legit?' on more than one occasion-- or in more than one place-- it's safe to post here.
fake_drapion.jpg
*This Drapion Mega's art (along with the in-battle picture) was made by a dA user, but someone turned them into a fake scan

You SHOULD NOT Post:
- Really REALLY Fake Stuff: I'll let a few super-blatant fakes in the catalog now and then (i.e. the Raquialga/Raqualkia and Ludwampert "leaks"), but if it isn't convincing in the very least (or was obviously made as a joke to begin with), please refrain from posting it.
l%C3%B1el-jpg.7888
- *Innocent* Fakemegas: Unless the fakemon/fakemega is being passed off as real, or being commonly confused as legitimate in reference to the new games, please do not post it. However, if you recognize that a scan contains a fakemega, feel free to post the fakemega with the scan as a reference.
IAdupBF.jpg
*The Chandelure Mega was one I recognized from dA; it was used in this fake scan without the artist's knowledge
- Confirmed/Unconfirmed Information: That gets its own thread, obviously. Same for unconfirmed rumors.
- Legitimate CoroCoro Scans: Legitimate CoroCoro leaks will have their own threads for discussion and speculation. Putting them in here would be redundant and potentially confusing.
- Personal Speculation: This thread is NOT to be used to post personal speculation or 'What I want to see in the new games'. There are plenty of threads for that as it is.

That was a lot, but I think I got it. Still, is there anything else?
Yes, there are a few more things you should know before posting.

First, please check to see if an item is already categorized, or if someone else has posted it recently if it isn't. Once I add an item to its appropriate section, I'll 'like' the post of the person who posted it. It just makes everything easier, and you'll know at a glance whether or not I saw your post.

Second, please, PLEASE do NOT post images hosted by 4chan here! 4chan links are not known for their permanence, and the last thing we need is a reference catalog full of broken references. Either offer it as an attachment, or link it through another image-hosting website. If the image is large, please put it in spoiler tags.

Info will hopefully be categorized frequently, but keep in mind that although I'm a recent college graduate, I cannot monitor this thread 24/7. It may take me a while to sort out rumors as we get closer to release date, so I ask in advance for your patience.

I also make mistakes, so if you see a spot where I screwed up, let me know so I can fix it! Just like with adding new information, I'll 'like' the post of the person who brought the issue to my attention once it is fixed, to reduce clutter. Otherwise, I tend to post when the catalog is updated (especially if I haven't gotten to it in a few days), though I do my best not to bump the thread needlessly. I also search for fake information about once a week to get the most blatant stuff, but I don't constantly patrol the corners of the internet looking for fakes. So any help is really appreciated, especially as we get closer to release.

That's it! Thanks for your help in advance, and I hope this catalog will help you in the near future!

Confirmed Fake Art:
pokestache.com_15802_1400784981.jpg

tumblr_nadvpme4YV1sxtscfo1_1280.png

fake_drapion.jpg

IAdupBF.jpg

gdTr2U9.jpg

tumblr_nab5caaTWp1qadkc8o1_500.jpg

mega_ludicolo_by_shmexie_x_deoxys-d7mar8v.jpg

jtZomMORe0yEYDhjhm82nA.jpg

wk4gKqw.jpg

10320609_241813026012510_2728796422980492303_n.jpg

Confirmed Fake Screenshots:
BtFzikY.jpg

tumblr_ndfw3bcsEL1si81lwo1_500.jpg

actual_pokemon_oras_diving_mock_up_by_zenionith-d7lopsm.png

sootopolis_city_gym___by_zenionith-d7i3dk0.png

rusturf_tunnel_generation_6_remake_no_fog_version__by_zenionith-d7gr1ko.png

ekpcef.png

2eyar95.png

RE: Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog-- OR/AS Edition! [Under Construction]

Fake mega sceptile from a "corocoro" leak

http://floomby.ru/s1/9WAxjC

RE: Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog-- OR/AS Edition! [Under Construction]

wk4gKqw.jpg

Confirmed fake Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon fusion thing from a 'leaked scan'

Reggie McGigas said:
Fake mega sceptile from a "corocoro" leak

http://floomby.ru/s1/9WAxjC

Sceptile + Noivern: Scepvern.
Sing a lot...

His Goominess said:
wk4gKqw.jpg

Confirmed fake Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon fusion thing from a 'leaked scan'

See the year in the lower left corner.
And logos.

------
And this...?
Scan new:
10320609_241813026012510_2728796422980492303_n.jpg
Please, no. NO. NO.
As real, no longer follow the saga. :(

RE: Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog-- OR/AS Edition! [Updated 5/10]

Kitana Coldfire said:
Welcome to The Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog 2.0-- OR/AS Edition!
(Now with 200% more Tana TL;DR!)

The What What Catalog?
During the last few weeks before X and Y were released, people began getting extremely confused as to which rumors had been confirmed, were still unconfirmed, or debunked entirely. To help alleviate that confusion, I created the original Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog, to help people keep track of what was what. This time around, I'm hoping to nip confusion in the bud by setting up the OR/AS catalog well in advance.

Okay... But what's the purpose of all this?
Eventually, this thread will serve as a reference guide to catalog confirmed fake rumors/screenshots leading up to the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The point of this thread is to help people keep track of what is fake, in the hopes that we can avoid the same picture/screenshot/rumor being posted over and over again, when the item in question was debunked long ago (I'm looking at you, Deviantart final Froakie evo). If you have an unconfirmed rumor, confirmed fake rumor (ie: someone has admitted to making the information up), or confirmed fake screenshots, post them here!

Well that all makes sense. How can I contribute?
Excellent question, my hypothetical friend! Below I have broken down what should and should not be posted in this thread in detail. Keep in mind some of this might change as we go along, but in general I'm going to try and stick to the format of the original fake rumors catalog. For now, however, this is what you should keep in mind before posting:

[IMPORTANT!] What Should and Should NOT Be Posted in This Thread [IMPORTANT!]

You SHOULD Post:
- Unconfirmed/Fake Information: If you find a rumor(s) posted somewhere that is being passed off as legitimate (be it on 4chan, reddit, or an 'insider' posting in a forum), please post it here! I'd prefer them in the form of a screenshot (especially in the case of 4chan), but copied text is fine. [NOTE: If the rumor comes from another fansite, please ONLY provide it via copy/paste, and do NOT link it, due to forum rules against linking to rival fansites. If you aren't certain, contact a mod and ask how the rumor should be posted, so that you don't get in trouble. After all, if the post is deleted before I see it and categorize it, it really doesn't help anyone.]
- Fake CoroCoro Scans: Every generation, it seems the fake CoroCoro scans get more and more authentic-looking, to the point that it can get hard for people to keep track of which ones are fake sometimes. So, for the OR/AS edition of the catalog, I'm giving the CONFIRMED fake CoroCoro pages their own category. This section will likely be the most frequently updated category until after the movie premieres.
- Fake 'Official' Art/Screenshots: Since this is a remake rather than a new generation, I don't see it being as bad as it was in X and Y, and it usually doesn't become a problem until much closer to release. However, fake mega evos will likely be huge in this generation, so please post them if you find them!
- *Deceptive* Fakemon: Fakemon, fake evolutions, fake official art, and now fakemegas are mainstays of Pokemon, regardless of if new games are coming out. However, people will often try to pass these off as legitimate new pokemon/mega evolutions (sometimes without the original artist's knowledge). Sometimes, they can be extremely convincing, while other times they are laughably obvious. The general rule of thumb is, if you see someone asking 'is this legit?' on more than one occasion-- or in more than one place-- it's safe to post here.

You SHOULD NOT Post:
- Confirmed Information: In the case of a rumor/screenshot becoming confirmed, it will be released via the front page once it has been authenticated, and it will be removed from the 'Unconfirmed' section. In addition, should something similar to the May 2013 rumor leak come out, I will link to the post in question, but I will not catalog its contents here (unless it turns out to be bogus).
- Legitimate CoroCoro Scans: Legitimate CoroCoro leaks will have their own threads for discussion and speculation. Putting them in here would be redundant and potentially confusing,
- Personal Speculation: This thread is NOT to be used to post personal speculation or 'What I want to see in the new games' lists. As we get closer to release, we will have plenty of other threads around to serve that purpose.
- *Innocent* Fakemon: Unless the fakemon (or fakemega) is being passed off as real, or being commonly confused as legitimate in reference to the new games, please do not post it.

That was a lot, but I think I got it. Still, is there anything else?
Yes, there are a few more things you should know before posting.

First, please check to see if an item is already categorized, or if someone else has posted it recently if it isn't. Once I add an item to its appropriate section, I'll 'like' the post of the person who posted it. It just makes everything easier, and you'll know at a glance whether or not I saw your post.

Second, please, PLEASE do NOT post images hosted by 4chan here! 4chan links are not known for their permanence, and the last thing we need is a reference catalog full of broken references. Either offer it as an attachment, or link it through another image-hosting website. If the image is large, please put it in spoiler tags.

Info will hopefully be categorized frequently, but keep in mind that although I'm a recent college graduate, I cannot monitor this thread 24/7. It may take me a while to sort out rumors as we get closer to release date (especially if I get a job between now and then), so I ask in advance for your patience. Text rumors are the hardest to keep track of, so if you find one that's reasonably believable, please post them.

Examples of text rumors, as well as every other kind of fake rumor listed can be found in the X and Y Catalog, which I linked in the first paragraph.

I also make mistakes, so if you see a spot where I screwed up, let me know so I can fix it! Just like with adding new information, I'll 'like' the post of the person who brought the issue to my attention once it is fixed, to reduce clutter. Otherwise, I may occasionally post that the catalog is updated (especially if I haven't gotten to it in a few days), or I may post if rumors are moved from unconfirmed to confirmed.

That's it! Sorry for being so text heavy, but since we have lots of time before release, I wanted to take a moment to be a little more specific this time around.

Thanks for your help in advance, and I hope this catalog will help you in the near future!
We actually decided to organise the forums differently than in the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y hype period. I updated rule two of the ORAS Forum to better explain this.

Rule 2 said:
2. Members are allowed to create new threads and posts to discuss, share opinions, and speculate on the upcoming games. Rumours and false information (text, images, videos) may be posted for discussion as long as you state that they are unconfirmed or false. Intending to spread false information by claiming that it's valid may get you a warning or ban. Each new topic should be posted in its own thread so discussions don't get mixed.

The reason we want different threads this time around is so people can focus on the topic they want to discuss. If many different topics are discussed in the same thread it will be difficult for people to keep track of what they want to talk about due to the massive amount of posts from other members discussing all the other topics in the same thread as well. On top of that (even with an updated first post) it can lead to a lot of repetitive replies.

If we get too many new threads about rumours, speculation, or fake scans/art we might switch the forum settings so threads will have to be moderator-approved before they become visible.

I do want to thank you for all your help and the effort you put into making this thread to help the community! I definitely like the idea of having a catalog that gives a good overview of what is fake and what is real. It would be very nice if you were to continue this, but rather than putting the images/information in the first post you can add the links to the thread where they are discussed.

For example:

It would be like an index for all the different rumours that are in the forum.

Note: I removed the other posts since the rumours, speculation and fake scans/art should not be discussed here. Members can make separate threads for the images that were posted earlier so they can be discussed. Even if they are fake, people can still share their thoughts on them! :)

Note 2: I saw there was some confusion regarding the advertising rule. It is okay to mention sources as long as you don't advertise the site or link to it. You should always quote the relevant information in the post as well. This rule used to be stricter.

Edit: We will now use this thread to give an overview of only the already confirmed fake rumours. Unconfirmed rumours should receive a new thread if they are up for discussion. If you think a confirmed fake rumour can still provide a good discussion you can still make a new thread for it to discuss it! :)

Thanks for the clarification on the rule for sources. I thought Pokebeach was pretty lenient on that. It would be the other Pokemon forum that would have the moderators banning you for life over such an "offense"...

That will make my life so much easier Drohn, I'll work on keeping the thread set up in that way as we go forward. ^^

And thanks for the clarification about advertising. I didn't know the rules had been changed since the last go around.

I just wanted to say thanks for creating the thread! Though, I doubt anything will pop up in the next few days, I'm sure when things do start popping up, it'll keep you busy.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/130/8/6/866d816cda9aa19e0746569e487db18e-d7hu8b8.jpg

This is a pretty fake screenshot. One, the photo is from X and Y, and two, why in the HELL would Palkia and Dialga appear in OR/AS? That's what the megas are.

10froky.jpg

Fake screen made on 4chan a few days ago using a prerelease screen from XY.

ekpcef.png

2eyar95.png

Fake screens made a day after the announcement. Quality of both is poor, Mudkip used is a stretched version of its following sprite in HGSS, etc.

That isn't even his final forme.

[split] Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Trademark List Updated 10/11/13]

1399843858218.jpg

The making of a fake a while back on /vp/.

This fake, to be specific.

1399856231358.jpg

RE: Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - OR / AS Edition! [Updated 6/3]

Sorry for disappearing everyone, I've been sick and job hunting. I've updated the list with everything posted so far, thanks for contributing in my absence!

RE: Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - OR / AS Edition! [Updated 6/18]

Updated 6/18 with some well-done dA screenshots I've seen floating around.

RE: Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - OR / AS Edition! [Updated 6/19]

Still it's rather funny, it is confirmed as fake though lol

Yes, it's obviously fake, but it's edited in a way that could be passed off as a leaked scan (blurry picture, japanese text, etc.). I've seen people taken in by worse, and although the artist isn't passing it off as real, that doesn't mean someone won't post it as 'real' somewhere else without context.

Besides, if I'm keeping Raquialga and Raqualkia in the list, I see no harm in Ludwampert staying either.

mega_ludicolo_by_shmexie_x_deoxys-d7mar8v.jpg

Wow. SUCH a bad re-colour! XD

Aaaand.... Nope! BTW This is my first post here on Pokebeach, I am really looking forward to meeting (most of, haha) you and becoming good friends with (this time, some of! xD) you!

http://gbatemp.net/attachments/l%C3%B1el-jpg.7888/

Back