Discussion Competitive suggestions

NEEF

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to play competive Pokémon and am trying to get into it the best way possible withoutbuying every deck but having one of the best decks. So how would you approach this especially with the new set coming out I wouldn't want to waste my money on a deck that will be pushed out by something better.
Thanks a lot for any help I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days

I would suggest at least 2 courses of action to help you arrive at your preferred, competitive deck(s):
  1. Review the decks played by the Top 8 - 16 players at recent "big" tournaments (.eg., League Cups, Regionals, etc.). By comparing the lists, you'll get a sense of some strong decks, especially when you see the "same" deck listed multiple times across multiple tournaments.
  2. Select a few decks you like or best fit your play style, and build those for yourself. You may be able to even build and test those chosen decks online or in real life before investing any needed money (should you not have any of the needed cads for the deck(s) you're testing, consider using proxies or even borrowing card(s) from your Poké pals). Personally, I test a variety of decks in order online to better understand their potential weaknesses, but I only run 1 of 3 competitive decks I've actually built.
Hope these comments help.

Back