Competitive Battling Discussion Of The Week 5

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
Alright, explain your answers blah blah. You should know the drill by now.

How do you think the metagame will shift as we go further into B/W? Why are some teams less effective?

I know the drill.

I think after all the Dream World hype, teams will calm down and start mixing together Team genres, such as weather and and stall. As we find further strategies to deal with different types of threats, more teams will become effective in some ways, and some will lose popularity. It can also work vice-versa, especially in the case of Offensive and Defensive teams. I think, overall, it will be a balanced and positive shift, which is what I'm looking forward to.

Well, all the trends and tests will we gone, we will ahev a consistent metagame. Conkeldurr/Roobushin, Reuniclus/Rankurusu, and SS Teams will rule the metagame. Also, Poison Heal Gliscor, Genosect, and Techniloom will be huge threats. There will be less and less hyper offence teams. Also, pokes like Celebi, Azelf, and Gengar will go back up in usage. I also have a feeling that Sun teams will get more popular, with Chlorogrowth Venusaur and Solar Power Charizard. Finally, the use of antileads will go down and we'll start to see bulky leads like Bronzong and Forry come back.

Once all the suspect testing is over, I feel the metagame will shift to a bulkier form of offense. Balance would also be a solid playstyle thanks to the metagames mixed threats. Pure offensive teams fall a bit to easy in this mainly offensive metagame. To many threats to cover. The further we go the better teams will get. The metagame must settle first though until we can make a team suited for a metagame. A constantly shifting metagame like now is a bit hard to build off of.

I think that Keldeo (water pony) will go up greatly in usage. Its Defenses are decently good coming out at 91/90/90 and it has great Speed with 108. Not to mention 129 SpA! Pair that with Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Sword of Mystery, and Aqua Jet (random set off the top of my head) and you have a force people will learn to respect. I definetly think this pokemon will be used like crazy if it ends up being OU.

P.S. This pokemon can also be pretty physical, even with a 72 base Attack stat. Its ability raises its Attack by +1 when hit by a Dark move and has access to Swords Dance (and a ton of strong physical STAB moves).

Back