Comparison

this is a random thread..but sure why not!
be aware that aggron 9sandstorm) cannot be played in the curent modified format, but hey..

aagron ex gets the slight hp boost for being an ex. 40 doesnt seem like much, but it really is. the good thing about the norm aggaron is that it can attack with 1 energy, so t could attack on the forst turn if rare candied, a good strongpoint. howvere...it needs damge to ttack! so maybe not, and cancelling out the handyness of having a cheap attack, as you woud use it later in the battle so it may aswell be worth ore energies. so in this respect, neither has a good quick hitter, unless the norm was injured before being an aggron.

aggron ex has tht neat pokebody. that could save soo much hp, giving a nicer gap between the 2. now, lets look at the 3 energy attacks. aggron ex has his spilt bomb, which personally i love. it lets you be very flexible, nd prepares you for his second attack. however the normal one has 3 energies 40 (notice both versions are boostable..so maybe they can see some first turn destruction) he has 3 energies 40. i personally think thats a bit terrible...not only does the ex do a combined 60, but its also able to hit anyone. 40 for 3 is also heavly overpriced for a stage 2..

and now lets look at the killer hits. the ex version has the straight 100 for 4. not to worry about the steel factor, holon electrodes can be used. i like the striaght no fuss damage..and its pretty cheap too. but it cant be used twicein a row. but think about it, after you charge their heavy ex with that, you will want to split bomb after anyway, to finish it iof andd damge something else as a bonus. whereas the norm version
needs a whopping 5 energies...good god!looking at the attack..it could even do 0..how gutting would it be??? on the plus it could be 40..but the majorty it will be 70..70 for 5 energies is just appaling. no quetions there im afraid. true you can add a boost..but would you want to waste it?

they both share typ resistance and retreat cost so theres jo need to yap bout them. the ex has one more weakness, but theres nt much to say about that. thankfully fire doesnt have a huge deal for it, arcanine ex sees little play these days.

overall i strongly believe the ex is better. it is fluent, and is an overall powerhouse. the non ex howver is overpirced and clumsy.
i hope this helps
have a great day!
jack

i would only use the old aGGron for retaliate but since memory berry does the same thing due to aron's flail (wich can also do 40 more dmg(even though energy root could help normal 1)).

Back