JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Clefairy and Clefable have been revealed from the Japanese set Dark Phantasma, which will release in Japan on May 13th. We expect these cards to become part of our August set, Lost Origin!
Clefairy – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Moon Watching
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is in the Active Spot, you may search your deck for a [P] Energy and attach it to each of your Benched Clefairy. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Wonder Storm: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each [P] Energy attached to your Pokemon.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The powercreep reaches hilarious levels. Three free energy attachments, attack that easily deals more damage than the Pokemon's own HP, all on a single-prize basic.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
The powercreep reaches hilarious levels. Three free energy attachments, attack that easily deals more damage than the Pokemon's own HP, all on a single-prize basic.
I agree, this is not how cards are designed in a healthy game. The compensation on this clefairy for the incredible ability to extend plays on RR+ cards means that those cards are no longer the only thing that needs to change to adjust the game's power.

Very disappointing.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Clefable - cool ability but I have some pointers on this. Duraladon (the only meta dragon pokémon) goes through this effect. It isn’t stackable so it caps at -30 and then you need other cards to keep reducing damage and the only other things we have is pot helmet and in built abilities of the main attacker, so not thanks. Grade: 2/5 cute, but not enough tanking for our damage output

Clefairy - like bro
🙄
@Yaginku put it quite well. The ability is S tier hands down. The attack is also similar to shadow rider. Is this a better build around than shadow rider? Probably not, at least not in this card pool. The reasons is that here your main attacker is 60 hp so no tanking to keep energies. Unless we getwishful baton or exp.all we will have to put to much resources to remain the same dmg output as the previous turn. Then shadow rider also gave you extra draw and could put energies on other attackers. Both of these problems would have been solved if we could get to atach energies to clefable. Thenyou could spreadout the energies to 5-6 mons instead of 4 thanks to evs zoroark. 60 hp doesn’t either help against inteleon decks, yes I know shady dealings will rotate but quick shooting is still as great asfeather arrow. Grade: 3/5 alright build around with some flaws, butshould have some favoured matchups. But those matchups aintenough to keep anyhigher than rouge tier. U will probably go to 2 hko Vstars

dmein89

Aspiring Trainer
Clefable - cool ability but I have some pointers on this. Duraladon (the only meta dragon pokémon) goes through this effect. It isn’t stackable so it caps at -30 and then you need other cards to keep reducing damage and the only other things we have is pot helmet and in built abilities of the main attacker, so not thanks. Grade: 2/5 cute, but not enough tanking for our damage output

Clefairy - like bro
🙄
@Yaginku put it quite well. The ability is S tier hands down. The attack is also similar to shadow rider. Is this a better build around than shadow rider? Probably not, at least not in this card pool. The reasons is that here your main attacker is 60 hp so no tanking to keep energies. Unless we getwishful baton or exp.all we will have to put to much resources to remain the same dmg output as the previous turn. Then shadow rider also gave you extra draw and could put energies on other attackers. Both of these problems would have been solved if we could get to atach energies to clefable. Thenyou could spreadout the energies to 5-6 mons instead of 4 thanks to evs zoroark. 60 hp doesn’t either help against inteleon decks, yes I know shady dealings will rotate but quick shooting is still as great asfeather arrow. Grade: 3/5 alright build around with some flaws, butshould have some favoured matchups. But those matchups aintenough to keep anyhigher than rouge tier. U will probably go to 2 hko Vstars
I think you make a bold theory thinking quick shooting will be played when both sobble and drizzle will be dead cards without shady dealings.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff

Clefairy - like bro
🙄
FWIW, Exp. Share (EXP.ALL) was printed in Battle Styles so it's in our current format.

Nyora

A Cat
What's bad about that? It's a glass cannon. The majority of single prize attackers that have been good in the last few years already do this.

Clefairy itself is bad though I think. It requires way too much to work. You need 17 energy to ohko everything, a little less (15) if Choice Belt. I can definitely see it being a good engine for a future Clefable deck, but right now I don't think it's really useable. Super cool though.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
What's bad about that? It's a glass cannon. The majority of single prize attackers that have been good in the last few years already do this.
Glass cannons have extremely binary and boring gameplay - get the cannon, or break the glass. The fact that only viable single-prizers are glass cannons isn't a problem in itself, it's a symptom. And as for the date, it's in the open:
1650546056632.png

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Well, if I understood it correctly, you can switch between different Clefairys to use the ability multiple times in a turn, up to a maximum of 4. Even with just three uses and one manual attachment that's 10x20, 200 damage in one go, all while emptying your deck of energies so it's easier to draw more useful cards with Bibarel. That plus Choice Belt is a 1HKO on evolvings Vs, and since you're playing basics you can do it going second.

4 Clefairy, 3-3 Bibarel, 1 Manaphy, maybe 12-14 energies, and the rest of the deck can be filled with useful cards like switches, air ballons, belts, exp. share, Boss, Marnie, Peonia, Training Court...

EDIT: Oh, and of course 4 Quick Ball and 4 Level Ball to get those Clefairys as early as possible. Maybe it is really too resource dependent.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Well, if I understood it correctly, you can switch between different Clefairys to use the ability multiple times in a turn, up to a maximum of 4. Even with just three uses and one manual attachment that's 10x20, 200 damage in one go, all while emptying your deck of energies so it's easier to draw more useful cards with Bibarel. That plus Choice Belt is a 1HKO on evolvings Vs, and since you're playing basics you can do it going second.

4 Clefairy, 3-3 Bibarel, 1 Manaphy, maybe 12-14 energies, and the rest of the deck can be filled with useful cards like switches, air ballons, belts, exp. share, Boss, Marnie, Peonia, Training Court...

EDIT: Oh, and of course 4 Quick Ball and 4 Level Ball to get those Clefairys as early as possible. Maybe it is really too resource dependent.
Quick Ball will have rotated by the time this gets an international release, so it'll be Battle VIP instead, most likely. Either that or Gloria.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Glass cannons have extremely binary and boring gameplay - get the cannon, or break the glass. The fact that only viable single-prizers are glass cannons isn't a problem in itself, it's a symptom. And as for the date, it's in the open:
View attachment 16530
They should up the base dmg to 30 if you want at least to KO 2-3 Prizers.

Clefairy/Clefable - Clefable, meh. Clefairy is just a bad attacker, but the ability might have some use here. 4/3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Quick Ball will have rotated by the time this gets an international release, so it'll be Battle VIP instead, most likely. Either that or Gloria.
Battle VIP, I can consider. Gloria is just bad. Gloria is just a T1 material. What will you do t1? Draw bunch of cards for speed and consistency.