• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Clawitzer/Mega Latios EX - Anti PRC+ Deck

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
16 Pokemon:
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
3-3 Mega Latios EX (ROS)
2 Manaphy EX (BRP)
3-3 Clawitzer (Steam Siege)

11 Supporters:
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Ninja Boy

21 Item/Stadium/Tool:
3 VS Seeker
3 Latios Spirit Link
1 Special Charge
3 Ultra Ball
3 Dive Ball
1 Captivating Poképuff
2 Target Whistle
1 Shrine of Memories
4 Trainers' Mail

12 Energy:
4 Double Dragon Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Water Energy

Strategy:
The new Clawitzer's ability Mega Boost is something that has not been exploited yet. This ability can be broken with the right combination. I've been thinking about the obvious partners: Mega Mewtwo, Mega Kyogre, Mega Rayqauza. But then I had a much better idea. The hard hitting sniper Mega Latios screams for a continuous energy acceleration. And several trainers released since Roaring Skies are a huge help for this deck. It's purpose remains the same. Eliminating low HP and charged Pokémon on the bench. But especially Shaymin EX. Which will probably be overused more then ever after the rotation, it's such a powerfull card and newly introduced decks will struggle without it. I included 2 Target Whistle to get Pokemon back on the bench, and a single Captivating Poképuff in case your opponent keeps weak Pokémon safe in his or her hand.

Manaphy EX is there to retreat Latios EX, Shaymin EX, the Clawitzer line and itself. Either a Water Energy or a Double Dragon Energy will do the trick. Luckily Mega Latios has the perk of no retreat cost. Mega Latios will be charged with Double Dragon Energy. You will want to attach a Double Colorless as well so you can discard them without sacrificing any of your precious Double Dragon Energy. All these necessary energy can be attached with the use of Mega Boost, and that is what gives this deck strentgh.

You're probably going to make fun of me for also using Shaymin EX, well it is as it is. I did consider Octillery but I gotta go fast. Other techs I've considered are Ace Trainer and Clawitzer BREAK. However I do not have much free space. This will be the version I will test out first. I hope you consider using this idea as well or maybe a similar built. Any suggestions or comments to make this concept work better are very much appreciated. I can't promise it'll work out the way I think it will. But you gotta admit it's not such a bad idea ;)

Here are just a few deck examples I think stand a good change. With the exception of Garbodor, all of these decks have no choice but to rely on Shaymin EX. And as we can see, the regular Latios EX can give almost half of these decks an incredible hard time with a continous stream of Light Pulse. Remember, all effects of attacks will be prevented except for actual damage. This stops Darkrai EX, Mega Alakazam EX, Mega Mewtwo EX, pherhaps Vespiqueen and Greninja if we see any. Also Sceptile and Primal Groudon's attack power is halved. The regular Latios EX is an asset that can help you win these matches, always keep this in mind. The shrine of memory can be used to enable a Mega Latios EX to use attacks of its previous evolution. Making it slightly less a problem to charge Light Pulse.

Light Pulse wouldn't actually prevent the extra damage from many of those Pokemon, as it is still just damage

I'd be more partial to running float stone over Manaphy though, since Manaphy requires them to have an energy, and you usually don't want an energy on something like Clawitzer

Light Pulse wouldn't actually prevent the extra damage from many of those Pokemon, as it is still just damage

I did look that up but couldn't find a clear answer. However Bent Spoon has the same ruling, Light Pulse does prevent damage counters that are placed but not anything part of the calculation. Seriously they should be way more specific on the card itself... But I'll delete that part about Light Pulse.

I'd be more partial to running float stone over Manaphy though, since Manaphy requires them to have an energy, and you usually don't want an energy on something like Clawitzer

I totally agree about replacing Manaphy with Float Stone. I don't use other tools so why bother with another low HP EX? Thanks for the advice :)

Alas Target Whistle rotates out with the next Standard format as it is from Phantom Forces and has not seen another printing. However I believe a combination of Captivating Pokepuff and Buddy Buddy Rescue would still give you a chance to drag out another Shaymin to KO with the Mega.

If you are removing Manaphy EX I think for Fast Raid you should add Psychic energy instead of Water. This is so you can Fast Raid Turn one without needing a Double Dragon.

I'm curious if the Double Colorless will work well or not as it would be better to keep the Special energies on the board low so they don't get hammered off. However on that note since you will most likely attacking the bench a good deal of the time Team Flare Grunt did get reprinted in Generations so you could use that as a Supporter to slow down their primary offense while it's active. Maybe take out two for another Special Charge and Flare Grunt?

Hm too bad about Target Whistle, I forgot it only had a print in Phantom Forces. I'm honestly getting less interested in trying this deck out... I'm more intrigued by the combination Mega Steelix/Clawitzer as Steelix can easily be charged with 3 different kinds of special energy and knock-out the active pokemon with a damage boost while even hurting the opponent's bench. Sounds good enough for me.

I wouldn't be too worried about special energy being discarded by the opponent. If you replace Double Colorless Energy with more Basic Energy, then the chances are high you will have to discard a Double Dragon Energy to use sonic ace. I'd prefer not to be in that kind of situation. With the Clawitzer line and the amount of special energy in this deck, attaching at least two energy every turn shouldn't be a problem. At least I never had a problem charging Pokémon in one turn with Bronzong's Metal Link. But I guess the two are fairly different cases. For now:

- 2 Manaphy EX
- 2 Target Whistle
- 4 Water Energy

+ 3 Float Stone
+ 1 Captivating Poképuff
+ 1 Buddy Buddy Rescue
+ 3 Psychic Energy

Back