Chinese Pokémon Cards?

NarcoticHobo

Aspiring Trainer
Do LEGIT chinese pokemon cards exist, or are they mostly fakes? If they do exist anyone know where to find information on the sets available or where to buy some boosters?

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
I think Chinese Pokemon cards do exist. I've seen some allegedly being sold an eBay, so I can't say for sure if they're all real, but Pokemon is an International company after all! I would imagine Chinese Pokemon cards exist just as well as Finnish cards, Arabic cards, or Korean cards!

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Holy crap. Alan and Omaha bring up great valid points. I'm stupid for thinking they'd allow Pokemon in Arabic nations.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Cooltrainer Alan said:
Wasn't/Isn't pokemon banned in Saudi Arabia?

That is what I am thinking of. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1249820.stm

tc19930815

Aspiring Member
There were legit Chinese Pokemon Cards for the first few sets. But they have given up printing them now.

GuangJohto

Aspiring Trainer
Rebooting this very old thread as it's all i found through google. Yes, they do exist. Base set, and EX legend maker were printed in traditional Chinese characters. I've nearly completed both sets...just a few more to go. You can see some pics on my blog: http://guangjoe.livejournal.com

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
GuangJohto said:
Rebooting this very old thread as it's all i found through google. Yes, they do exist. Base set, and EX legend maker were printed in traditional Chinese characters. I've nearly completed both sets...just a few more to go. You can see some pics on my blog: http://guangjoe.livejournal.com

Haha I knew you would be all over this. ^This guy is the person to ask for when looking for Chinese cards.

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I was wondering, does anyone still actively collect Chinese authentic Pokemon cards?

MusaIbnHaroon

Aspiring Trainer
Holy crap. Alan and Omaha bring up great valid points. I'm stupid for thinking they'd allow Pokemon in Arabic nations.
I actually don't agree, cause there is an Arabic Pokemon theme song after all. I don't believe all Arab countries will ban Pokemon just because of an ignorant Mufti who knows nothing about Pokemon wrongly called it Haram.

Actually just did a tiny bit of research, Saudi, Qatar and Egypt kind of took the man's verdict seriously, but the UAE kind of ignored it officially.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
There are a couple of Chinese base set boxes selling on eBay. They look like English boxes but the logo is red. (And obviously not in English.)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 9

Charmander

Cyndaquil was taken :<
I know this is an ancient post but I rarely see discussion about this so I'll post anyway. Here's what I know...

The only legit Chinese language Pokémon TCG cards released are these:
Base Set (1st Edition & Unlimited prints; apparently Unlimited is rarer than 1st Edition in Chinese)
2-Player Starter Set
Base Set theme decks: Overgrowth, Zap!, Brushfire, Blackout.
Jungle Pikachu, reprinted as part of the Pikachu World Collection.
EX Legend Maker (Full set apart from SR Delta Pikachu, no reverse holos)
EX Trainer Kit 2 (2 half decks featuring Minun and Plusle)
Championship Arena (Nintendo Promo 28)

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not 100% confident with this info.

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
I just bought some Chinese Neo series from ebay, I'll post pics when they arrive. I think they might be fake but I'd love your opinions too.

HannahRAWRR

Aspiring Trainer
I recently got back into Pokemon trading and discovered some old, I think EX Chinese, Pokemon cards that a friend brought back with them on vacation. I'm trying to verify their legitimacy. I've tried looking online but I mostly see base set cards. Any help with this would be really appreciated.

ChicaSkas

Aspiring Trainer
I recently got back into Pokemon trading and discovered some old, I think EX Chinese, Pokemon cards that a friend brought back with them on vacation. I'm trying to verify their legitimacy. I've tried looking online but I mostly see base set cards. Any help with this would be really appreciated.
If you can post pictures using Imgur or something that would help :)