Discussion "Chilling Reign" Partial Set List

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
An idea: if you omit the fossil Vs/VMAX, then the newly revealed Silver Lance Crustle should also be omitted as it has the fossils in its artwork.
Nah, the same thing on the same Crustle and Hoothoot from Unified Minds, just because the birds we're in the artwork. But I got your point

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The problem is.. that we cannot touch the Trainer and FAs as they were the exact amount of cards that the press info stated. So we're focused on the regular cards.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
An idea: if you omit the fossil Vs/VMAX, then the newly revealed Silver Lance Crustle should also be omitted as it has the fossils in its artwork.
I don’t see that that automatically rules out Crustle. We haven’t seen anything for Dracovish or Arctozolt. That doesn’t rule out Crustle.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
That's why we need to see at least 2 or 1 English card from the set. So that we can discuss on what will happen on this partial set list

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
We didn’t get Glalie, however. However, I suppose getting Froslass and no Glalie is better than the other way round because Froslass was introduced an entire generation afterwards. And we did get both Gardevoir and Gallade, which is nice.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
With the current info of some Portuguese images. Although it wasn't confirmed, sadly most Grass, Fire, and Water types had been removed.

* - Regular Art
  • Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsareena
  • Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry
  • Larvesta, Volcarona
  • Psyduck, Golduck
  • Tentacool, Tentacruel
  • Luvdisc
  • Carvanha, Sharpedo
  • Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad
  • Arctovish V*
  • Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos
  • Dracozolt V*
  • Dracozolt VMAX*
  • Cutiefly, Ribombee
  • Woobat, Swoobat
  • Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith
  • Hippopotas, Hippowdon
  • Teddiursa, Ursaring
  • Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame
  • Furfrou
  • Rufflet, Braviary
  • Scraggy, Scrafty

Last edited:

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
What does the "blandness" of a card have to do with whether it is in the set or not? :p

Shaymin is a "spiritual callback" to Shaymin EX, so it'll be fitting if it were in Evolving Skies. The fact that some bird/flying type lines may be missing, I wouldn't be surprised if they were moved to Evolving Skies so that the set would have more Flying type Pokemon, similar to Roaring Skies.

Flygon 7

Aspiring Trainer
You skipped the special FA versions of G Moltres V and G Slowking V and the list is missing 2 cards to reach 26 FA Pokémon. You may want to cut a couple more colorless cards to make room for them. Also Survival Kit is the Japanese name used in the SWSH games for those clothes. They're named Expedition Kit in English videogames, so you may want to reorder trainer cards as well.

Cool8t

Aspiring Trainer
Thx for this list @The Rhyperior I'm super stoked for this set I've been playing the games since Crystal but my TCG interest has re-sparked during COVID-19 like many other people. Can we expect the alternate art Celebi in the box? Furthermore, what's everyone's EV for the alt-art Calyrex's ??

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
You skipped the special FA versions of G Moltres V and G Slowking V and the list is missing 2 cards to reach 26 FA Pokémon. You may want to cut a couple more colorless cards to make room for them. Also Survival Kit is the Japanese name used in the SWSH games for those clothes. They're named Expedition Kit in English videogames, so you may want to reorder trainer cards as well.
Wait, I did?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I remove the Greedent, I don't care about any coincidences shenanigans going on. This is unofficial, things might change.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Well with the 25th anniversary set coming up soon, we all knew that a good number of cards would be cut. And I agree that if Seedot and Tympole have to be cut, then their evolved forms have to be cut as well. And so far, it seems that every single type, except for Metal, will have at least one Pokémon cut from this set, and carried over either to the next set or the 25th Anniversary set.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Have fun. Confirmed:

4 Ledyba
9 Snover
13 Bounsweet
30 Sneasel
32 Delibird
35 Snorunt
37 Spheal
49 Ampharos
67 Swirlix
69 Inkay
76 Diglett
78 Galarian Farfetch'd
93 Kubfu
106 whirlipede
116 Porygon
133 Crushing Gloves
146 Melony
153 Siebold
155 Weeding Gloves

Also in: Haunter, Crabrawler & Justified Gloves.